Season Ticket Update

Robert

My daughter’s team were playing in a cup final yesterday at Airdrie FC. Not even parents allowed to attend, whilst a few miles away Hampden will have 12,000 tonight, and last week 20,000+ fans went for a street party and long journeys on public transport, without a word of criticism. Seems so inconsistent but I suspect having a few dozen parents attending would have required a heap load of admin and risk assessments and procedures that would have been required, and it just wasn’t worth the effort for the organisers.

12 hours ago, lizi said:

I would be very unhappy about the ‘first 1000 season ticket buyers’ rule as, if I was at home, I would be there as soon as season ticket sales opened.  I did ask about renewing my season ticket when I went to pay my Player Sponsorship money but couldn’t do so then.  I went on a stay in Scotland holiday, first time away from my home since 2019, and if I am barred I will be a very unhappy clapper.  

Give them a phone? Easy sort 

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

My daughter’s team were playing in a cup final yesterday at Airdrie FC. Not even parents allowed to attend, whilst a few miles away Hampden will have 12,000 tonight, and last week 20,000+ fans went for a street party and long journeys on public transport, without a word of criticism. Seems so inconsistent but I suspect having a few dozen parents attending would have required a heap load of admin and risk assessments and procedures that would have been required, and it just wasn’t worth the effort for the organisers.

Yeh an event can apply for spectators. I assume more so in level 2 than level 1 here? 

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

My daughters were involved in an SFA football festival last weekend at the Bught and the instruction was 1 spectator per player but still had to maintain social distancing. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Worth remembering that the figures (plucked from thin air) for the levels for stadium events are a guide and ICT could submit an "application" to have more people in attendance.

Hopefully the club has. Based on the 300 at the Dundee game, more than 1000 could be easily achieved. 

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Yeh an event can apply for spectators. I assume more so in level 2 than level 1 here? 

Yes. Organisers can apply for spectators to be present which application will, almost certainly, be garanted at level 1 or 2 but with conditions and restrictions on numbers.

My son's amateur team permits 1 spectator per player provided advance notice is given and contact details registered.

The First Minister has announced we should move to Level 0 on 19 July, nicely in time for the league season but not in time for our home cup games, although I doubt there will be large numbers wanting to attend them.

They then hope to lift most other restrictions on 9 August. It is not clear from what she said whether that means we can return to full capacity or not.

Hopefully the club can announce what it means once they have digested it, so we all understand the position and those holding off buying season tickets can make their decision. 

2 hours ago, Robert said:

The First Minister has announced we should move to Level 0 on 19 July, nicely in time for the league season but not in time for our home cup games, although I doubt there will be large numbers wanting to attend them.

They then hope to lift most other restrictions on 9 August. It is not clear from what she said whether that means we can return to full capacity or not.

Hopefully the club can announce what it means once they have digested it, so we all understand the position and those holding off buying season tickets can make their decision. 

Had a dig around the Scottish Government website. This link, updated last week, implies the 2000 capacity will apply once we hit Level 0:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-calculating-physical-distancing-capacity-in-public-settings/pages/events/

23 hours ago, Robert said:

The course of this pandemic is, of course, difficult to predict but, subject to that caveat, the current plan is for stadia to operate at full capacity from 9th August onwards.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

The course of this pandemic is, of course, difficult to predict but, subject to that caveat, the current plan is for stadia to operate at full capacity from 9th August onwards.

At Level 0 there is no need to socially distance inside your own home so arguably there should be no need to socially distance in a stadium that is open to the elements. 

35 minutes ago, RiG said:

At Level 0 there is no need to socially distance inside your own home so arguably there should be no need to socially distance in a stadium that is open to the elements. 

On the other hand, you don't tend to have several thousand guests from several thousand different households in your living room.

My best guess is that from 9th August clubs will be permitted to fill their grounds with home fans but with no away supporters allowed until much later in the season

Then again, when it comes to guessing, I had a tenner on Scotland winning 2-1 last night.

Renewed yesterday and was also told that as part of the first 1,000 that we would be guaranteed entry depending on the government rules. Seemed a little harsh but if that's the case I'm not sure why they aren't publicly stating this.

Also said that yes the pink strip will be staying as a 3rd strip (probably because it's been hugely popular) and the new home kits are on order and just waiting for them but never mentioned an ETA. 

Edited by Fraz

Continuing poor communication. John Robertson remains a full time employee of the club. He is an excellent communicator and will have far less to do these days on the footballing front.

If nobody else at the club has either the time or the enthusiasm for the task them surely JR can be allocated this important task.

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Anyone know if there's any way to request a new card? Mine's been battered after 4 years of use, but the club, as per, has been woeful at communication, and have patched off my question.

No clue. I'd just call them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We talk about  improving the attendance haveing been at the cup games I must admit I dont feel like running out and renewing my season ticket. I didn't  get to a game last season but felt i should support the club by holding on to my season ticket so feel I did my bit.

With up to 2000 now allowed in the stadium season ticket holders should expect information early this week about detailed arrangements for seating etc for the Raith game. If we have no where near that number of ST holders then expect some away fans too.