Season Ticket Update

Robert

19 minutes ago, Robert said:

Any more info on this?

They are already sponsoring us but I don't know any details but they will be here for a few years and I am sure that one of the planning conditions was they would have to arrange park and ride for the workforce to the site beyond Dores which could go from our car park if approved.

Apologies for going a bit more off topic. Planning permission announced earlier this week for the Red John pumped hydro scheme (from Loch Ness) after appeal to Scottish Government. Park and ride from the stadium car park for construction workforce part of it as IBM said.

A9 Longman junction grade separation works will see the trunk gas main relocated from the back of the West terrace to accommodate a slip lane on a widened embankment. This will result in the landscaping of intervening land and could offer stadium development potential, but not until the junction works are finished around 2025.

I heard that we only had 1100 season ticket holders in 2020/21. I'm sure that will improve if up to 2000 are allowed back in come July. We usually only get crowds of less than 1000 for League Cup group games at that time anyway.

I know it's easy to complain about things and clearly the club are...antiquated...off the pitch however I am struggling to think of a reason why we have not had an update on players leaving the club or season tickets. instead we are left to the players themselves to reveal that they have left the club through screenshots of their notes app on their phone. I see from @hislopsoffsideagain on Twitter that we are one of four clubs in the SPFL not to have released any kind of update on player movements. Says it all really.

• Agree 1

Good to see they are retaining the reduced price that applied last season.

Even in level 1, assuming things don’t go backwards and we end up with more restrictions again, that makes it a good deal in my book, and the comments about the livestream and new commentary team are hopefully a sign that the stream will be much better. 

59 minutes ago, Robert said:

the comments about the livestream and new commentary team are hopefully a sign that the stream will be much better. 

Can anyone confirm that the matches will be broadcast live?   Because if crowds are also allowed back in, that would be a revolutionary move.

Even though I'm 570 miles away - drove it all in one, two weeks ago - I'd consider buying a season ticket if it gave me access to live games.

Alternatively, will PPV continue?

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've seen mention on social media that the first 1,000 ST purchases will have priority to attend games if / when fans can get in next season. Is this true?

I hope not. That would be fundamentally unfair. 

If there is to be a continuing restriction on numbers the equitable way to deal with it is by ballot.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

If there is to be a continuing restriction on numbers the equitable way to deal with it is by ballot.

It’s true I was told when I picked up my season ticket. They are hoping that 2000 fans will be allowed in by end of July so probably just a couple of games. This will probably let all our season ticket holders in unless we have a miraculous increase in numbers. 

• Sad 1

With the likelihood that away games are out the window next season then we can make more use of the away stand and apply to have greater numbers of supporters attend our home games.

• Like 1

Renewed mine today. Speaking to the lady in the shop, there have been a lot of renewals but still below 1000.

She said that as I was one of the first 1000, I’d be guaranteed to get into the league games.

I got the impression there may not be allocated seats until capacity restrictions are lifted, but seats will be marked to show which ones are in use. Therefore effectively first come first served on the day for picking seats. 

Edited by Robert

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

She said that as I was one of the first 1000, I’d be guaranteed to get into the league games.

As said above, that seems rather unfair, especially for those, like myself, who're still waiting on word if fans are actually going to be allowed in from the start...

I get the impression that they are confident that 1000 will be allowed in as we are in Level 1.

Entirely up to you, but my inclination would be to buy one now. You also benefit from the discounted rate. 

Edited by Robert

On 6/18/2021 at 11:08 AM, Kingsmills said:

On 6/1/2021 at 6:49 PM, jagster said:

Certainly sounded like he’s off after listening to Dodds on the news. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:08 AM, Kingsmills said:

I would be very unhappy about the ‘first 1000 season ticket buyers’ rule as, if I was at home, I would be there as soon as season ticket sales opened.  I did ask about renewing my season ticket when I went to pay my Player Sponsorship money but couldn’t do so then.  I went on a stay in Scotland holiday, first time away from my home since 2019, and if I am barred I will be a very unhappy clapper.  

20 minutes ago, lizi said:

I would be very unhappy about the ‘first 1000 season ticket buyers’ rule as, if I was at home, I would be there as soon as season ticket sales opened.  I did ask about renewing my season ticket when I went to pay my Player Sponsorship money but couldn’t do so then.  I went on a stay in Scotland holiday, first time away from my home since 2019, and if I am barred I will be a very unhappy clapper.  

You can renew over the phone, so that may be an option for you if you are away at present.

With something as important as this, I’d have thought the club would have highlighted it when they released details of the season tickets. Had it not been for the post here by RiG, I’d have been unaware of it. 

Edited by Robert

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

You can renew over the phone, so that may be an option for you if you are away at present.

With something as important as this, I’d have thought the club would have highlighted it when they released details of the season tickets. Had it not been for a post here, I’d ha e been unaware of it. 

Thank you, Robert.  I looked at the option of doing it on line tonight but will phone tomorrow to ensure my renewal.  Thanx again.   

If we move to Level 0 in mid July will the attendance maximum not be increased to 25% of our capacity? That would help boost sales and before the 30 July deadline for the season ticket renewal discount.

1 hour ago, Row S said:

If we move to Level 0 in mid July will the attendance maximum not be increased to 25% of our capacity? That would help boost sales and before the 30 July deadline for the season ticket renewal discount.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Level 0 effectively back to normality, and we should be at max capacity?

6 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Level 0 effectively back to normality, and we should be at max capacity?

No, there are still restrictions. In terms of events, capacity limits remain but they are not defined in detail here:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-0/ 

We are due to hear today about “life after Level 0”, including what social distancing, masks etc will still be required.

Edited by Robert

Worth remembering that the figures (plucked from thin air) for the levels for stadium events are a guide and ICT could submit an "application" to have more people in attendance.