Ryan Christie's Euro

Moogthurso

Looking forward to Ryan Christine's Euro games. 

A couple of goals or assists and three great performances will help increase that summer transfer value.

This will help our caley thistle. 

Edited by RiG
Edited the topic title :)

His career may have taken a bit of a dunt after that, if the reported interest from the likes of Burnley and Norwich has cooled. With hindsight, Clarke should have started Adams and Dykes, and used Christie as an impact sub. There was no way he was starting at Wembley after being part of that disaster.

It’s harsh to blame him for our defeat. Yes, it was not his best Scotland performance, but he did show one great piece of skill when he beat two defenders to get to the box, only for O’Donnell to get in his way.

Others underperformed too, but overall the only difference between the teams was their ability to score and our inability to score.

Hopefully it does not put clubs off taking him whilst he is still under contract at Celtic, and I agree it is time he moved onto a new challenge. 

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

The sooner he gets away from Celtic the better

To me it’s a real puzzler working out where it went wrong. I would blame Lennon, but he took over near the end of 2018-19 and Ryan had a great season 2019-20. However this season he’s made pretty much the same number of appearances, though has scored a lot less, everybody seems to agree he wants away and you’ve got Celtic fans offering to drive him to Burnley or whatever.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

To me it’s a real puzzler working out where it went wrong. I would blame Lennon, but he took over near the end of 2018-19 and Ryan had a great season 2019-20. However this season he’s made pretty much the same number of appearances, though has scored a lot less, everybody seems to agree he wants away and you’ve got Celtic fans offering to drive him to Burnley or whatever.

I think he's lost his mojo for the hoops and some of the support certainly seem to want him away. If he wanted to stay I think a new contract would have been signed by now. 🤔

• Agree 1

• RiG changed the title to Ryan Christie's Euro

If I was the new Celtic manager I would be making every effort to keep one of my most skillful and talented players who is still young enough to develop further.

If I was Ryan I might be tempted to put my negative experience under Lennon and Kennedy behind me and give the new coaching regime a chance.

11 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

The boys not from Dalneigh. Anyway, what's wrong with Dalneigh?

Absolutely nothing. Best part of the town 😉

14 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Dalneigh is the former horse racing centre of Inverness and thus comparable with Monte Carlo.......not that Ryan will care.  The key is the size of the sell on clause Yogi 

I very much doubt that it would have been the manager who negotiated the sell on clause, or the transfer fee for that matter.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

It appeared he was playing  centre forward , he is a creative player he helps others score. It was a shame he was hooked from my viewpoint It was a managerial  blunder. His game is just behind  the line not leading it.