Player Sponsorship 2021/22

Scotty

What additional item should we sponsor?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. We have received enough contributions to sponsor an additional item - what should we sponsor?

• Billy Mackay's Boots
    • Lewis Hyde's Shirt
    • Harry Hennem's shirt
    • Manny Duku's Training Top
    • Other - leave in comments.

This poll is closed to new votes

Its time for Player Sponsorship for the 2021/2022 season. 

For 20+ years now we have sponsored one or more ICT players each season. We were proud to have been the main shirt sponsor of Grant Munro through his entire ICT career from a youth breaking into the team to his final season with the club, then we moved onto sponsorship of Liam Polworth. We have also sponsored other players over the years for boots, gloves or other items. For the last three seasons we have sponsored Cameron Harper and it looks like a good choice now that he's breaking into both the Caley Thistle side on a regular basis and also got a call-up to the Scotland U21 setup alongside Robbie Deas, Roddy MacGregor and former team-mate Daniel Mackay. As we transition out of the COVID scenario, the club needs these sponsorships more than ever ... so hoping we can raise enough again this year to continue .... 

Details below.    

ICT-Cameron-Harper.jpgPLAYER TO BE SPONSORED: 
We hope to continue sponsorship of CAMERON HARPER's Home Top. If we reach additional milestones, we will look to add sponsorship for other players for 'lesser' items. 

COST
Home Shirt - £450 inc vat [to be confirmed]

HOW TO TAKE PART
To take part in this sponsorship you will need to upgrade your site membership and join the "Player Sponsor" group. We in turn will use the money received from these memberships (minus PayPal fees) to purchase player sponsorship(s) from the club. We will set all memberships - regardless of when ordered - to end on June 1st of each year. This allows us time each year to gauge the interest in continuing for the following season. 

The cost to join this group is £16.00 (this amounts to £15.00 joining fee plus £1 to cover the PayPal fees). You may purchase multiple memberships if you wish, just amend the total in your shopping cart and add a note when placing the order if it is to cover family members who may not officially be site members!!!

• ALL MEMBERS: To join the group simply go to this page http://caleythistleonline.com/store/ or access the CTO Store from the main menu at the top (under shop). All our site membership upgrades are handled securely via PayPal's platform which will accept direct payment from most credit/debit cards so it should be easy enough to upgrade your membership whether you live in Sneck or somewhere thousands of miles from there.

• CASH MEMBERSHIPS: We do NOT take cash payments. Everything needs to go through Paypal. Sorry. 

Once we know how many members have joined the group, we will decide on what gets sponsored. The first item will be the selected player's Home Kit ... but the more members who upgrade to "Player Sponsor" membership, the more we can sponsor. At the end of the season, members of our sponsor group will be selected at random to receive any gifts we may receive from the club. For any events that occur during the season (like sponsors nights or meet and greets etc.) we will offer first refusal to members of the sponsor group to attend as our representative. Eligibility will also depend on any COVID restrictions in place at the time. 

If you are interested, please add your name to this thread or go ahead and join the sponsor group. You will be marked as paid.png once we confirm payment received via membership upgrade ....

EDIT: As questions are raised in the thread, we will clarify any that need a response below: 

Technically the payment is listed as a 'subscription' when you pay, but that is internal to this site only and is done this way so that in a year's time it will generate an invoice on here allowing existing members to renew (if they wish) or to let it expire. Renewal (or not) is at the user's discretion and as far as paypal is concerned it's a one-off payment and there will be no automatic re-billing from their side.

Happy to say we have now reached the target for Cammy's home top (see the line under #28 in the list. Thank You everyone for your continued support. 

Over an above that, because more people have contributed to this we are now at the threshold to sponsor another player's secondary item .... I have alist from the club, but the standout item appears to be Billy Mackay's boots? What does everyone think? ... or do we double-down and sponsor one of the even younger players? 

image.png

• Like 1

I would prefer to sponsor another youngster like Harry Hennem or Ethan Cairns.  Billy could wear his old County boots :lol:

See what others think there might be more suggestions.

3 minutes ago, IBM said:

I would prefer to sponsor another youngster like Harry Hennem or Ethan Cairns. 

I am open to that too ... we have always tried to sponsor local youngsters through their ICT career ....  its not like you would get the actual boots anyway - just a 'gift' of some sort. Only the main shirt sponsor gets the item sponsored. 

Happy to show support to another youngster, but happy to go with the majority view.

Going off topic, I see Aaron Doran and Cammy MacKay on the list from the club, which presumably confirms they are under contract. Would be good to know what their new expiry dates are. 

My preference would be to support one of our up and coming youngsters. Happy to go with the flow though. Just glad I remember to cough up for this season :twothumbsup: 

ok, will add a poll here - for those who have contributed .... I have also clarified with the club that only sponsors of the Home/Away shirts of main players get a shirt at end of season. All other sponsors - boots, training tops and home shirts for the youngsters (ie. those items listed at £125+VAT) receive a "gift" from the club.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

ok, will add a poll here - for those who have contributed .... I have also clarified with the club that only sponsors of the Home/Away shirts of main players get a shirt at end of season. All other sponsors - boots, training tops and home shirts for the youngsters (ie. those items listed at £125+VAT) receive a "gift" from the club.

Beware if going for gift option. Last season we got nothing abd this season we got one unframed 7x5 photo.

26 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Beware if going for gift option. Last season we got nothing abd this season we got one unframed 7x5 photo.

You got absolutely nothing? Especially after not getting invited to the events (for obvious reasons) that's atrocious. 

But not massively surprising. 

58 minutes ago, Fraz said:

You got absolutely nothing? Especially after not getting invited to the events (for obvious reasons) that's atrocious. 

But not massively surprising. 

I sponsored with a friend. Always got a gift each in the past. Tbh dont think it would have broken the bank for a pic each? 

Yup last season (19/20) got absolutely nothing not even a letter of thanks. I assume shirt sponsors received their top. 

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Yup last season (19/20) got absolutely nothing not even a letter of thanks. I assume shirt sponsors received their top. 

I know we did - we did the draw and it was collected a few days later ....

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Its been a while since we sponsored anything other than one player's home shirt ... and each year we have received that without issue. I think it was Ross Tokely's boots last time we did more than 1 item .... and although we didn't get the boots i seem to remember we got some ornament of some sort, like a glass football in a presentation case or something like that ... not crystal or anything expensive, but quite nice. There was also the chance for sponsors to get photos taken with their player too .... not last year for obvious reasons.  

If we got another few sponsorships from a few folk we might make it to an away shirt and that would be a shirt to add to the draw. Other than that, if we stick with the lesser item then its an experiment and we will see what we get ... 

ok, as time is of the essence I am going to reply back to the club and note that we will sponsor Harper's home shirt and also Lewis Hyde as he got more votes than all others. Aslo going to close off the sponsorship for this year at our current numbers. 

• Like 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic