Streaming

finmack

The season ticket announcement implies games will be streamed live and available to all season ticket holders.

There was no mention of PPV being available or, if it is, what it would cost.

Personally I hope all clubs make PPV available as it was good to be able to view away games last season, but I don’t know how that sits with broadcasting rules, and the pricing would need to be high to avoid reducing actual attendances. It would be counter productive if home fans decided to view the stream rather than attend.

https://ictfc.com/2021-22-season-tickets

1 hour ago, Robert said:

The season ticket announcement implies games will be streamed live and available to all season ticket holders.

It's ambiguous - I personally would say that it only hints at live streaming. 

That's why I asked them to confirm, and said that if so, I'd probably buy a season ticket despite being over 500 miles away.   No response.

It would surely require a change to broadcasting rules, and I'd have thought that such a revolutionary change would have been announced by now by the SPFL/SFA.  And there is no mention of streaming in the announcement about tickets for the first League Cup games.

I shall continue to not hold my breath.

“The new channel will also be available for every game of the season to all season ticket holders”.

Seems clear to me.

But you are right to double check given you are over 500 miles away. Hopefully you get a response soon. 

Edited by Robert

Streaming info for the home cup games:

https://ictfc.com/ictv-info-premier-sports-cup-matches 

For snorbens_caleyman, it also refers to information being available before the first home league game about how season ticket holders can access the streaming of the league games. 

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Robert said:

For snorbens_caleyman, it also refers to information being available before the first home league game about how season ticket holders can access the streaming of the league games

Thanks, Robert.  And yet it still manages to omit one little word - "live". 

Will be phoning them during the week.

Sorry, but I do not agree.  If you are watching something on Youtube or listening to Spotify, you are streaming, although the content is not of course live.  Watching highlights on ICTV, watching a service such as BBC iPlayer, or watching Netflix is also streaming. Apart from a small temporary buffer, the content is not stored on your device, and you do not end up with a copy of the content on your device.

The term "livestreaming" is often used when the event is live, such as PPV matches.

Download is when you create and store a complete copy of the content on your own device, which you can then subsequently watch/listen to without access to the original site.

Will still be phoning, and will report back here.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
  • Agree 1

:frustrated01:   They could record it and stream it afterwards!  :lol:

However, I have checked elsewhere, and they do indeed appear to be livestreaming league games - see https://scottishfootball.online/showfixtures#  and look at August onwards.

Using the same portal service as Dunfermline and QoS did last season, which I think worked pretty well.             

36 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

I want to congratulate all concerned with the excellent streaming service provided tonight.  What a difference when it is a real camera person filming and action replays as well.  Ian Auld provided a solid and professional commentary

I agree it was far superior than last season which was crap!  Ian Auld was good the picture quality was good and it was good to hear Ross Tokely as well :smile:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, IBM said:

I agree it was far superior than last season which was crap!  Ian Auld was good the picture quality was good and it was good to hear Ross Tokely as well :smile:

Personally I thought the quality of the picture was the only let down. Looked pixalleted and got particularly bad during the transitions.

4 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I was in a high covid risk area last weekend , durham,  so won't come out to play for ten days so streaming is my only option. Can't wait for Saturdays game to see fyffe in defence and a  fully fit doran. 

Can you not get a test? Recommendation now is for self testing every few days.