Inverness CT -V- Peterhead - League Cup

tm4tj

25 minutes ago, Donald1973 said:

Sorry but life goes on and we need to learn to live with this, you've obviously been hit hard with the fear factor 

I am double vaccinated and have no health issues that make me particularly vulnerable to Covid. I have no personal fear. Others are not so fortunate.

The people being referred to were not being asked to do anything onerous but merely to remain in their seats for a few minutes more.

Not much to ask and actually a condition of being permitted to attend the game. Utterly selfish behaviour.

I seem to have sparked a debate.

I am double vaccinated and not vulnerable, and was happy to follow the directions given.

My point was that there was no order at full time. I’ve no issues with those leaving just before the whistle, but when the whistle blew there should have been guidance as to which fans should leave first, as happened at the games before Christmas.

Tonight, despite the announcements, it was a free for all.

I chose to wait, as many others did, until the rush subsided.

But let’s not let this debate overshadow the game, and a very encouraging performance and deserved win. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Enjoyed that. Very dominant and two early goals in the second half secured the win.

A couple of thoughts driving home. Broadfoot and Fyffe swapped centre half roles at half time. The whole defence clearly had confidence in Fyffe which was good to see.

We looked stronger down the right with Carson and Walsh than down the left with Harper and Doran, but then Doran turned up with his goal!

A word for Sutherland. He put a real shift in and didn’t give Peterhead a minute.

MOM for me was actually Welsh. He was pulling the strings in midfield.

A very encouraging start and we still have Deas, McDonald and Mckay who have not featured so far.

Roll on Saturday.

Sorry to end on a low point, but the club and stewards need to get a grip of full time. The announcements were clear to stay in your seats until told to leave, but they were ignored by many and there were very few stewards who could not control things. It needs sorted for Saturday. 

Totally agree on last paragraph. Nowhere near as well organised as when we were there in Dec. Folk just ignoring stewards sadly...

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Sorry to end on a low point, but the club and stewards need to get a grip of full time. The announcements were clear to stay in your seats until told to leave, but they were ignored by many and there were very few stewards who could not control things. It needs sorted for Saturday. 

Not going to lie here, as I was an early leaver, but the stewards did nothing whatsoever in preparation to let fans out in sections. If I recall right, at the Christmas game against Dundee, they were there and ready at the full time whistle and let the fans out with no problem, but today, they were nowhere, so everyone left at their own accord whilst still safely distancing themselves where possible. And in fact, one steward even tried to force everyone back to their seats before being told to not bother by a superior, as it would cause a backup of fans.

It worked with the 300 fans we had last year, but it's a pointless effort when there's over 1000, and it'll take an absolute age to go through every. single. section one by one to let fans out. Another factor being the bus leaving about 15 minutes after full time, which would be about midway through releasing the north stand to the wild, so people would want to be on the bus sooner rather than later.

If they want people to leave safely, split the stands down the middle and open both sets of gates at the ends, and make sure people go out the right exit, cos the way they've let fans in and out is...interesting...to say the least, they get massive pileups at the front turnstiles, but don't bother to open up the rear turnstiles to ease the flow.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Waddington said:

Not going to lie here, as I was an early leaver, but the stewards did nothing whatsoever in preparation to let fans out in sections. If I recall right, at the Christmas game against Dundee, they were there and ready at the full time whistle and let the fans out with no problem, but today, they were nowhere, so everyone left at their own accord whilst still safely distancing themselves where possible. And in fact, one steward even tried to force everyone back to their seats before being told to not bother by a superior, as it would cause a backup of fans.

It worked with the 300 fans we had last year, but it's a pointless effort when there's over 1000, and it'll take an absolute age to go through every. single. section one by one to let fans out. Another factor being the bus leaving about 15 minutes after full time, which would be about midway through releasing the north stand to the wild, so people would want to be on the bus sooner rather than later.

If they want people to leave safely, split the stands down the middle and open both sets of gates at the ends, and make sure people go out the right exit, cos the way they've let fans in and out is...interesting...to say the least, they get massive pileups at the front turnstiles, but don't bother to open up the rear turnstiles to ease the flow.

Both sides were open to exit in South stand 

Couldn’t watch the stream as we were on the way back from holiday but going by the stats we murdered them. Was a bit concerned at the lack of goals at ht, last season it would probably have ended 0-0 with maybe a bonus point. Maybe this year we can get out of the group, 5 years since we did I think.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Can you get refreshments at the game? Looking forward to getting along for the first time in something like 16 months at the weekend.

No the kiosks are closed, you can bring food in but the usual 'no bottles or containers' rule also remains. 

On the covid rules debate, not being funny but if you're highly vulnerable it's probably not that wise to be going to an event with hundreds of people in the first place, particularly if you have the option of watching from home. Plus I don't understand why once seated people have to keep their face coverings on in an outside setting of the stadium but in a small enclosed bar or restaurant you can sit 1 meter from another table and happily have your mask off for the duration. Makes no logical sense. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Wait, you have to keep face coverings on during the game!? :laugh:

I wasn't at the game as I was isolating due to actually having Covid but yeah that's my understanding. 

I'm possibly in the minority but I thought the stadium announcer guy was really good.  Also have the club improved the tannoy system? I normally sit in the main stand but was in the south stand and the sound was so much better than I was used to. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

I don't want to jinx it but personally I am more optimistic and enthusiastic about the season ahead than any time since our relegation.

There are probably half a dozen teams in the division capable of winning it and we are, without any doubt, one of them.

We have a decent, well balanced squad with just about the right mix of youth and experience and a head coach who has made a very promising start to his time at the club both towards the end of last season and the beginning of this.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, old caley girl said:

All in all a great night out. 

A bit dismayed to have Andy Bannerman inflicted on us again!! He even read out a long list of rules most of which I didnt listen to but there was mention of not sharing drinks.... 😂😂

Just out of interest what was your main problem with Andy Bannerman? Surely it wasnt just because he read out a long list of rules, which I guess were given to him by the club to read out. 

So looking forward to returning and looking forward to the new season. Was also hoping for a few more posts about the actual game itself. although the few are whetting my appetite. However based on previous experience it may well be a positive for some to keep their face masks on throughout the came. I may advocate balaclavas for some. Hoping to be up for the Plastic Whistle game but who knows ?!!

18 hours ago, Donald1973 said:

Sorry but life goes on and we need to learn to live with this, you've obviously been hit hard with the fear factor 

Totally agree.

Fear of covid is completely irrational.

In Australia.

Where they had their first covid death this year last week.

In the uk the government just planned for a further 100 to 200 new deaths per day in autumn rather than complete vaccination and trace infections effectively.

In the uk a caution of a mortal threat communicated and planned by the current government is entirely rational.

#Covidiots are real

• Well Said 1

4 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Can anyone who saw the game comment on how young Reece McAlear got on please, did his performance justify another starting spot? Notice he was subbed along with Aaron Doran on 57 minutes.

He had a quiet game and I wasn’t surprised when he was subbed. A couple of loose passes, but nothing too serious.

Very early days and I’m sure he will become an asset when he settles in and has game time under his belt.

It will be interesting to see what starting line up becomes our first picks. We have Welsh, Allardice, McAlear, MacGregor and possibly Carson competing for two places. A good problem to have!

I was really encouraged last night. If we had better finishing, it could have been 5 or 6.

The POTY thread shows how strong our performance was. When I voted just now, 7 different players had been selected as our top player on the night.

I was happy with Andy Bannerman on the tannoy. He had to make the safety and covid announcements so shouldn’t be criticised for that, whilst he spoke clearly and audibly.

And apologies to all that I sparked all the posts about the virus after my comment about full time. The game was worthy of dominating this thread. 

Edited by Robert

7 hours ago, SteveA said:

Just out of interest what was your main problem with Andy Bannerman? Surely it wasnt just because he read out a long list of rules, which I guess were given to him by the club to read out. 

Not my cup of tea. Totally OTT presentation last night. 

Tbf I do understand he reads out what he is told. 

Each to their own but far too in your face for me. 

• Agree 1

I never made the game myself but heard good things from those who were there. Great to get a win from the the first competitive game and create loads of chances.

Is Scott Allardice being used sparingly as he is due to serve a suspension for the first two league games?

I have a ticket for the Stirling Albion game but not with a proper seat number. It just indicates GA123 in the North Stand and a note to say stewards will show you to a seat. Did that arrangement work okay on Tuesday?

Looking forward to it and a few beers in the Phoenix after. 

6 hours ago, Row S said:

I never made the game myself but heard good things from those who were there. Great to get a win from the the first competitive game and create loads of chances.

Is Scott Allardice being used sparingly as he is due to serve a suspension for the first two league games?

I have a ticket for the Stirling Albion game but not with a proper seat number. It just indicates GA123 in the North Stand and a note to say stewards will show you to a seat. Did that arrangement work okay on Tuesday?

Looking forward to it and a few beers in the Phoenix after. 

You could sit anywhere you wanted, as long as you kept your distance from others. Every other row is closed off. It worked fine for me. 

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic