CTO Prediction League

Gringo

Hi everyone, I'm trying to attract more players to join the CTO prediction league. It's a Correct Score competition and involves all the Scottish Championship games. It is free to sign up but, unfortunately, there are no prizes - only bragging rights. Hopefully my screenshots below will guide you through the registering process.

Games start on 31 July. The competition is controlled by Scotty and myself.

Hope to see of you there.

Thank you

PL.jpg

Edited by Gringo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Definitely need a few more to sign up for this.  Only 9 were in it last season and Doofer's Mum came 2nd.  That can't be allowed to happen again!  Seriously though it is a great little challenge which only takes a couple of minutes to do before each round of league games.  It's a bit like betting but without losing any money.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

When you are asked for detail after selecting “new user”, do your user id, password etc need to be the same as for the main site?

Edited by Robert

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Robert said:

Enjoying doing this Gringo. Looking at the updates for today, it looks like the Ayr - Arbroath game has had the half time score used rather than the full time one. 

Thank you for pointing this out. I use Flash Scores web site to get the results which showed 0-2. I note they have corrected it now to 2-2. I can't see how to correct it so I've asked @Scotty assistance. 

• Like 1

should be fixed now - the system allowed me to update the score to 2-2. please let us know if the points don't look right ... I thought I would have to amend manually right in the database itself but was able to do it from the admin section so just want to be sure .... 

• Thank You 2

Cheers Scotty. Thanks for doing this. Instruction received on edit for future reference. Table appears to have correct info as I only had 90 until the edit. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a first timer in this, what happens to predictions when games are postponed or, as with Raith - Dunfermline last night, abandoned?

Do the predictions carry forward for when the games take place or do we predict again?

Thanks. 

• 10 months later...

The CTO Prediction League for the 2022-23 season is now up and running and awaiting your predictions.

Will last seasons winner caleyjag retain the bragging rights? Will I ever get more correct scores than Mrs Gringo?

It would be great if more folk joined in so, go on, log in sign up and play.

cto pl.jpg

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

No bonus points for being the only player to remember to predict the score in every game??

You'd think so wouldn't you? Bloke who runs it must be a right miserable old git :ponder:😂 Must admit I never even noticed that...well done. Take attendance bragging rights.

• Funny 1

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Robert said:

In the Prediction League, the Queens Park v Cove game next weekend has been reversed and is being played at Cove. 

Many thanks. I've decided to leave to fixture as shown as I'm not too sure how it would affect predictions already entered. PL players please take note. Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up folks...our Hamilton away fixture that was scheduled for the SFA Cup Semi Final weekend has been rearranged for Tue 18 Apr.

This fixture can be found in Week 35 of the fixture list.

• Gringo unpinned this topic