Cove Rangers -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

I'm stunned with Dodds comment about not working on the back four yet. The foundations of any team is built on not conceding goals. If you dont concede goals you don't lose matches. To be nine days from the season starting and not to have done any work on the back four is unbelievable. If he's not bothered to work on it play Deas and Devine who played for the majority of last season together and get Broadfoot on the bench. 

Whilst I remain firmly in the give him a chance camp, if we have been neglecting the defence to concentrate on the midfield and attack, it's even more of a concern that it took until injury time to get a goal from only our second shot on target against part time Cove.

• Agree 1

Mr Dodds isn't selling it to me. I didn't see any of our three cup ties so I can't really judge, however, reading tweets and reports from those that were there (or watching on live feeds) I'd say we're shite just now. Can we beat Hearts in front of telly box audience? Based on current form - absolutely no chance. so, ICT, prove me wrong. 

Worried

from Coventry Nil

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

I suggested a couple of times last season that a 3-5-2 formation might work better for the style of play and attributes of Carson (when fit) and Harper. Play them as wing backs with Fyffe, Devine and Deas as the back 3. More support going forward and cover when defending.

• Like 1

Our best defensive performances last season came with Deas at left back providing a natural three at back if Carson ranged forward. 

Duffy looked hopeless on Tuesday, but to be fair so did the rest of the team.

Maybe the answer is  2 from Duffy,Devine Broadfoot, Fyffe  as centre backs and Deas as left back.

I like Harper but radical changes required in defence before Saturday.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Gringo said:

Mr Dodds isn't selling it to me. I didn't see any of our three cup ties so I can't really judge, however, reading tweets and reports from those that were there (or watching on live feeds) I'd say we're shite just now. Can we beat Hearts in front of telly box audience? Based on current form - absolutely no chance. so, ICT, prove me wrong. 

Worried

from Coventry Nil

I am pretty sure that I must have something important to do in the early evening on Sunday very far away from the nearest TV screen!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

With apologies for the double post but that defending for the opening goal is awful.

For me it all starts with Harper being sat too far behind Deas and Broadfoot covering McIntosh coming off the right flank. Harper tries to pass him on to Broadfoot and moves out to half heartedly close down Fyvie (which he doesn't need to do as Doran and Allardice could get there quicker) whilst Deas is occupied by a run forward from Megginson, who initially dropped off the front line to receive a short pass pulling Deas out from the back, and then angles his run in behind Harper pulling Deas away from the middle and McIntosh positions himself in between the now massive gap between our two CBs neither of whom can recover in time to block the shot.

spacer.png

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, RiG said:

With apologies for the double post but that defending for the opening goal is awful.

For me it all starts with Harper being sat too far behind Deas and Broadfoot covering McIntosh coming off the right flank. Harper tries to pass him on to Broadfoot and moves out to half heartedly close down Fyvie (which he doesn't need to do as Doran and Allardice could get there quicker) whilst Deas is occupied by a run forward from Megginson, who initially dropped off the front line to receive a short pass pulling Deas out from the back, and then angles his run in behind Harper pulling Deas away from the middle and McIntosh positions himself in between the now massive gap between our two CBs neither of whom can recover in time to block the shot.

spacer.png

I was drawn to the role of Shane at the very start of the move for the 1st goal.  Looks like he was unsure as to whether he should drop in or stay high.  In the end he did nothing and it just looked like a half hearted attempt to move towards the Cove player in possession.

11 minutes ago, Hiro said:

I was drawn to the role of Shane at the very start of the move for the 1st goal.  Looks like he was unsure as to whether he should drop in or stay high.  In the end he did nothing and it just looked like a half hearted attempt to move towards the Cove player in possession.

This looks like a lack of organisation and people not knowing how the new system is meant to work. If people aren’t 100% sure of what they are meant to do then you get half hearted attempts - Your imagine insecurity and uncertainty are easy to fix on the training ground. Think of allardice last season, winning so much ball in midfield - looked lost on Tuesday. Whatever the system is they need it drilled home sharpish 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic