Fans Focus Group

Robert

On 8/7/2021 at 9:31 AM, jamie ictfc said:

I’m assuming this collated email address is being used to streamline communications into the club, is it also then to be used to streamline communications to the supporters trust who, I reached out to in March and have yet to receive a response? F6E5F1A4-C4BA-489C-BA82-24637FFBECD4.thumb.jpeg.388485d322333a378b228d5f247cb67b.jpeg

Rather hilariously this still hasn’t been responded to via Twitter or the forum. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, Robert said:

Sounds a positive session. Could anyone present provide any more detail?

https://ictfc.com/ictfc-fans-focus-group-launches

Unless I’ve missed it, the summary promised “in the next 10 days” is already a more than a week late in appearing.

Has anyone seen it?

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

Rather hilariously this still hasn’t been responded to via Twitter or the forum. 

Apologies for not getting back sooner.  I'm afraid our activity on Twitter have taken a bit of a back seat this year.  It has been an exceptionally difficult year for the few of us who have been trying to keep the Trust in existence with workplace and personal circumstances severely limiting the time we can devote to the Trust.  Our longstanding email address of ictst001@gmail.com and the newly established one of admin@ictsupporterstrust.org are both automatically forwarded to officers of the Trust and therefore if there is an issue you want a response to, then please email us.

What we have been doing behind the scenes is to make improvements to the infrastructure of the Trust and we have recently developed a new website at www.ictsupporterstrust.org. There has also been. a fair bit of liaison with the club on a range of issues.  To develop the Trust as we would like and to be more responsive over the wide range of social media platforms will require more people to get involved in the work of the Trust on behalf of the wider fan base.  We will be saying a lot more about that in the near future.

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Unless I’ve missed it, the summary promised “in the next 10 days” is already a more than a week late in appearing.

Has anyone seen it?

SG just working through his email backlog I'm sure. 

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Has anyone seen it?

No.  You haven't missed it.  I wrote to Scot Gardiner earlier in the week to ask where this was and he responded to say that they hoped to get it out prior to the weekend.  Unfortunately this has not happened.  I am, however, collating issues to bring to the next meeting and therefore would take this opportunity to ask folk to email any ideas or concerns to admin@ictsupporterstrust.org.  I would stress that this address is not a channel into the club but to the Supporters Trust.  This allows the Trust to bring issues to the attention of the club on behalf of the fans and therefore provides us with the opportunity of having a fan led agenda and getting those views heard and discussed.

Both files were an interesting read, and it is good to get an insight into activities behind the scenes.

As Fraz has said, a lot of good things potentially, and hopefully they come to fruition and help the club financially, helping us to get promotion.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Site said the next meeting was on the 2nd. Taking a guess the transcript(s) will be released at the end of the month? 

Yes we had the meeting on Thursday and it went well. I’m sure the club will release the minutes ASAP. 

I'm afraid I was unable to attend the last meeting but I understand the intention is to have the next meeting as an open meeting for anyone to attend.

Thanks to those who have submitted issues for discussion via admin@ictsupporterstrust.org and please keep the emails coming.

In order to better represent the wider fan base, the Trust needs to increase both the number of members and the number of folk who are prepared to do a bit of work on behalf of fellow supporters.  Please nip across to the Supporters Trust section on this site for more information on what the Trust has been doing recently and what, with your help, it hopes to do in the future.  (Click on "Forums" on the red menu bar at the top of the page and then scroll down to find the Trust's section.)

Annual membership is just £5 for adults and £1 for under 16s.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

further two weeks later.... still nothing.

I assume those who are empowered have asked the club about improved communication.....? 

It's absolutely hilarious that fan communication is top of the list and the club are apparently asking for engagement yet it takes literally months to release the minutes of a fairly straightforward meeting. It would take an administration member of staff probably 30 or so minutes to type them up. Shows what priority fan engagement really is to the club.

5 hours ago, caleyboy said:

my concern is what happens to the fans voting rights if the Trust folds? Who's responsible for communication at the club?

Dunno, my guess is that the shares return to the club.

Hopefully some new (and young) blood will put their names forward to join the board. 

Many folk are keen to complain and pass comment on social media but unfortunately unwilling to give up their time to take the trust forward. 

• Well Said 1

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

Dunno, my guess is that the shares return to the club.

Hopefully some new (and young) blood will put their names forward to join the board. 

Many folk are keen to complain and pass comment on social media but unfortunately unwilling to give up their time to take the trust forward. 

Questions, nothing else intended.  You obviously don't have the answer then.

The Supporters Trust is not going to fold.  The issue is about how we can move the Trust forward for the mutual benefit of fans and club.

The position is this.  The Rules (constitution) state that the Trust Board must have a minimum of 5 Directors.  We currently have just 5.  In the event of one of the current Board stepping down, there are a small number of people who would be prepared to be co-opted to make up the numbers to allow the Board to tick over and preserve the voting rights in the Club.   

Hopefully supporters want the Trust to do a lot more than just "tick over", and those of us currently on the Board certainly do.  Unfortunately, current Board members have very limited free time given their work, domestic and other responsibilities.  We are also hampered by the fact that because so few supporters are members of the Trust, the Club do not see us as representing the fans and are therefore reluctant to engage. There is not a lot more the current Board can do unless new people come forward and either simply join the Trust or join and get actively involved.  You can find out more and join here.  Cost is only £5 per annum.  The success of the Trust depends not on what those of us currently working for the Trust do, it depends on what supporters who are not currently members of the Trust do.

It really is important that we get new folk onto the Board to get actively involved.  There is a lot we would like to do in partnership with the club in order to improve the matchday experience, to raise money for the club and to support the excellent work colleagues in the Community Trust do.  We have our AGM on December 9th and nominations to the Board close on November 11th.  If anyone is interested in helping out in a constructive way, it is not too late to both join the Trust and stand for election to the Board.  If you would like to find out more about what is involved and maybe have a chat to discuss things further, please email to admin@ictsupporterstrust.org and I'll get back to you.

Whilst the Trust does urgently need a lot more members and people who wish to work for the Trust (whether on the Board or in other ways), it is also in a better place than it has been for a while.  Membership is now heading in the right direction, we have a new website and we have made significant improvements to the membership system.  The infrastructure is in place for the Trust to be more active on behalf of upporters.  It is now up to the fans to decide whether they want an active Supporters Trust or not.  Please join and help make the supporters' voice be heard.