Fans Focus Group

Robert

8 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

the Club do not see us as representing the fans and are therefore reluctant to engage. 

If they will not engage with an official supporters body which holds a major shareholding (percentage wise if not quantity) and deems that body as not representative then who DO they see as representative of the fans? For me, it should start with the Trust and engagement should expand from there. 

IMHO - the club should be engaging with any fans groups ... be that the creators and listeners of the Wyness Shuffle, the Travel Club, the 'CaleyAway' supporters, CTO, or anyone else who emerges and takes the time to contribute to the club in a positive way either online or in person ... currently, all I have heard of the club interacting with is the hand-picked steering committee and that seems to have died a death also - or at least is not being reported.  

I can only talk to experience with the level of engagement we have had with the club which has varied over 27 years  ..... It was pretty good for about 20 years overall ... but Rae and Crook chose to cut ties with this site over a personal beef/vendetta with CaleyD, and although I have spoken to the current chairman a few times about certain things and put them in contact with some individuals when they were looking at how to get rid of debt or get some ideas for income, they don't engage with us either. We remain open to any engagement with the club now that Rae and Crook are long gone and have continued sponsorship (which was going to be dropped under Rae and Crook) as a show of faith. While we may not have thousands of individual posters, we do have thousands of unique users who lurk on a monthly basis along with healthy page views so regardless of what anyone thinks, the posters on here, do represent a portion of the fans. We absolutely do not represent all fans, or even a majority, and have never claimed to do so, but those who come on here are engaged, just like other groups tend to have people who are engaged and interested in the club. Every group can claim to represent a portion (but not all) of the fans and together, I would argue that all the various groups, pages or organisations represent a lot of the fans and should all be encouraged.  

Over here (at Toronto FC) we have a multitude of supporters groups within the (approx 30K) season ticket holders and the club interact with any and all that are recognised as an established and active group within the supporters section of the stadium. We have supporters group meetings where leadership of each group meet (together) with the club in an open forum to discuss things we can do for the club together and concerns the club may have about things (behaviour, flares/smoke etc.) and on a yearly basis (pre-COVID) there were events at the stadium where its open to all members of these groups and we got to hear club overview and plans and also got to do a Q&A with a few of the players ... that's what got my little guy fully engaged when he met up with a few of the senior players .. and has since cost me thousands in getting him signed up for TFC juniors coaching .. so that little bit of engagement got them revenue in another stream .... Something ICT could and should do ... and to be fair, something it looks like they are trying if little articles here and there about partnerships and sponsorships are ongoing. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Multiple promises of better engagement have been made and broken multiple times over multiple years now.

A very few things are commercially sensitive and may need to be kept confidential but the fans are the lifeblood of the club, without whom there would be no club, and deserve much better treatment and much more respect than the club have shown in recent years.

If they  have no genuine intention of improving communication just be honest and say so and then everyone knows where they stand.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 8:15 PM, Kingsmills said:

Multiple promises of better engagement have been made and broken multiple times over multiple years now.

A very few things are commercially sensitive and may need to be kept confidential but the fans are the lifeblood of the club, without whom there would be no club, and deserve much better treatment and much more respect than the club have shown in recent years.

If they  have no genuine intention of improving communication just be honest and say so and then everyone knows where they stand.

Secret society 

At the very least it would be good to know about the welfare of our players, especially re injuries or illness even if personal matters cannot be disclosed. There are more than a few rumours flying around about a player having been released from his contract in the last few days.  

Edited by Row S

1 hour ago, Row S said:

At the very least it would be good to know about the welfare of our players, especially re injuries or illness even if personal matters cannot be disclosed. There are more than a few rumours flying around about a player having been released from his contract in the last few days.  

Which should be treated with caution given that the last such rumour was without foundation.

Whatever legitimate criticism can be levelled at the club for poor communication, they cannot and should not be expected to spend time commenting on every baseless rumour.

Edited by Kingsmills

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Which should be treated with caution given that the last such rumour was without foundation.

Whatever legitimate criticism can be levelled at the club for poor communication, they cannot and should not be expected to spend time commenting on every baseless rumour.

Thing is though, rumours and speculation will always appear particularly given we have an utter void when it comes to connecting with fans and keeping people abreast of team news. 

I really appreciated the email about lawn care services though. 😂

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I agree they should not need to comment on any baseless rumours .... but once those rumours reach a critical mass and are coming from multiple directions, then it needs to be addressed. Our club - like almost any football club - is a sieve when it comes to keeping info and gossip quiet or secret. Too many people who want to share their "knowledge" whether it is true or not.

We are not exactly renowned for our communication skills and the original question earlier in this thread about minutes from more than 2 months ago is indicative of that. Either commit to communication, or do not ... I've been through that a few times over the decades where various combinations of the club, ourselves and at times, the media all collaborated to have regular bi-directional communication channels with supporters which started well and then tailed off, always on the club side .... and this feels very much like deja-vu. 

36 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

While I do appreciate the club's efforts in offering me back of the stand advertising boards at half price for Cyber Monday, I really think I'd prefer it if they offered some indication towards releasing the minutes from this meeting...

Personally I was really more interested in the lawncare options the club has given me. 

I doubt we will see the minutes from our last meeting now but I’m glad to see that one of the ideas raised by the fans forum are being launched this Friday. Let’s pack the west stand and get right behind the team. 

E6DFE407-E81C-4A6F-8E8A-C8EA32FE7008.jpeg

A1A3284A-E667-44EC-89A8-3185D2BE84F9.jpeg

Edited by RedCard

On 10/28/2021 at 12:37 AM, Jack Waddington said:

Wonder which will come first, the League Title or the minutes from the second meeting...

Maybe you should attend the next meeting to hear the information first hand. The next meeting is to be an open meeting for all fans to attend. We are just waiting for a date  for this from the Club.

48 minutes ago, L_G said:

Maybe you should attend the next meeting to hear the information first hand. The next meeting is to be an open meeting for all fans to attend. We are just waiting for a date  for this from the Club.

Any chance of joining in remotely for those of us who don't live locally ?

10 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Any chance of joining in remotely for those of us who don't live locally ?

That might be a possibility but we are waiting for a date in the first instance. 

• Like 1