Killie away

InvernessCT19

Was at a wedding south of the border (no face coverings to be seen, people shaking hands, hugging and kissing….) so only catching up now.

I sneaked a look at my phone at half time and full time and got two pleasant surprises, and great to read the positivity in the post match comments.

I would anticipate we will make changes for the Buckie game, with most of the recent substitutes starting so they get game time. Then we have another top of the table clash at home to Partick, a team we have often struggled against. Hopefully we make it 5 out of 5 then.

Noting the comments about MacGregor, when does the Transfer Window shut? Tuesday?

Edited by Robert

I found the game fascinating. 

Was intrigued by some of the harsher opinions on Deas . 

He was playing against one of the leagues top players in Burke.

He was beaten a couple of times early on but his determination and support from gardyne kept us safe. I was very impressed. 

Similarly with allardices busy day containing one of the leagues stars in Polworth. 

Neither of these players were on top all game. But they were on top at the end containing two of the leagues largest threats. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

RIDGERS * * *  Did not really have that much to do but you can sense that his confidence is high and the players in front of him know that he will be there as a practical and reliable sweeper. Commanding is the word.

WALSH * * * Played his role but wasted on the right. Killie evidently sussed that he is very left footed.

SUTHERLAND * * * *  What he lacks in finesse he makes up for in effort and running, May well soon be a choice between him or Duku to partner Mckay.

DUKU * *  First time that I have watched him so I presume that he had a bad day at the office. I felt that he did not deal with the physicality.

Just to add my tuppence worth:

Ridgers probably had more to do yesterday than he did in all three previous league matches combined.  I do wish he could keep his goal kicks and clearances on the pitch.  Just aim up the middle, Mark :lol:

Walsh didn't have a good day, but in previous matches he and Carson have been very effective attacking down the right.

Sutherland - well, I said earlier I'd like to see McKay and Duku on together.

I still can't make up my mind about Duku.  He runs his socks off and puts himself about - I think it's great how he challenges the opposition when they are in possession deep inside their own half.  But he covers so much ground that sometimes he isn't where you'd want him.  And, as Johndo says, he's not a physical player.  I wonder how he'll do on heavy winter pitches.

• Agree 1

Yup.

I just think sometimes we don't appreciate how good the players are these individuals are competing against.

Would love to see the km ran by duku and Shane. I suspect we are using our subs much better in terms of aerobic impact than over previous seasons. I never felt comfortable in the last 15mins last season. 

I think we will really see this benefit later in the season.

Is our fitness coach our best signing? We will know in january.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I keep looking at this...

Its so good. 

Screenshot_20210828-214348_Chrome.jpg

Almost rubbing my eyes in disbelief looking at a table showing us 11 points and 10 goals ahead of big spending Dunfermline.

I wonder if Toderov is now regetting rejecting our contract offer.

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Almost rubbing my eyes in disbelief looking at a table showing us 11 points and 10 goals ahead of big spending Dunfermline.

I wonder if Toderov is now regetting rejecting our contract offer.

He's getting paid more money and is closer to family. I doubt he will care too much.