ICTWFC

Robert

Thank you for posting that.

At long last, women's football is getting some attention although still not as much as it deserves.

Good luck to Karen and her team for the season ahead.

All part of the ICT family and richly deserving of our support.

We know these girls will be playing for the Jersey as it certainly won't be for any money !

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Anyone know where they're actually playing this season? Best guess is the Rugby Club, but not entirely sure if they're sticking about at the IRA...

Anybody’s guess. The map on the official SWF site appears to put them at Millburn

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

On match days when the stadium is free they should be playing there.

No chance, pretty much doubling the number of matches on the pitch is not a good idea, it has consequences. I think only teams with astroturf let their women’s team share the pitch.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Thats one of the massive disadvantages of the lack of suitable football pitches in Inverness. We can't risk having the pitch be torn up every weekend, so the women's team are here, there and everywhere trying to find a 'home'.

Loch Ness were sharing with the Rugby Club last season and are currently playing at the Bught with the IDFA teams, and Athletic have been bouncing around the area most recently at Muir of Ord and now out at Ardersier. Leaving the women's and reserves with a choice of Charleston, Millburn, the IRA and (I think) Culloden Astros.

If the council wants to actually help it's local teams out, to improve the standards of youth football etc, then it should revamp land that's otherwise going to waste into decent football pitches.

I have a feeling that had there been more reasonable quality pitches in the area the Women's Team could easily be in a fighting chance of getting into the SWPL and our reserve side would be competing in the SPFL Reserve League, rather than dragging our heels and praying that the Highland League will let our reserves in...without having a ground to play on...

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Thats one of the massive disadvantages of the lack of suitable football pitches in Inverness. We can't risk having the pitch be torn up every weekend, so the women's team are here, there and everywhere trying to find a 'home'.

Loch Ness were sharing with the Rugby Club last season and are currently playing at the Bught with the IDFA teams, and Athletic have been bouncing around the area most recently at Muir of Ord and now out at Ardersier. Leaving the women's and reserves with a choice of Charleston, Millburn, the IRA and (I think) Culloden Astros.

If the council wants to actually help it's local teams out, to improve the standards of youth football etc, then it should revamp land that's otherwise going to waste into decent football pitches.

I have a feeling that had there been more reasonable quality pitches in the area the Women's Team could easily be in a fighting chance of getting into the SWPL and our reserve side would be competing in the SPFL Reserve League, rather than dragging our heels and praying that the Highland League will let our reserves in...without having a ground to play on...

Good point but we don't have a reserve side.

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

No chance, pretty much doubling the number of matches on the pitch is not a good idea, it has consequences. I think only teams with astroturf let their women’s team share the pitch.

'Letting' their Women's team on the pitch strikes me as somewhat condescending and patronising.

If we had an artificial surface, I am pleased we do not , I would be proposing double headers.

Since we do not, I am simply suggesting that the women are afforded the respect to play at the stadium on weekends when they are at home and the men away.

As far as the use of the pitch is concerned, it's not so very long ago when Highland League teams would train twice a week on the pitch which would also be used by reserve and youth teams.

I would hope that a decently maintained surface could cope with one or two additional matches a month.

If, during a bad Winter, there was an issue with the surface, the Women's team would clearly have to play elsewhere.

Edited by Kingsmills

Exactly the same would be said about male youth teams. It’s just a case of prioritising use of an important asset to favour the team that generates the income that maintains the club, stadium and pitch. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Totally agree. I may have imagined it but did I need read this was to happen? 

This is for the 1st team btw. Not fair to compare with male youth sides. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, tm4tj said:

Don't think many, if any play home games at the same ground as the men's team.

Just Forfar, Killie, Hamilton, Queens Park and St Johnstone do (with Glasgow City playing at Clyde's ground). The rest are at training grounds, unis or at the titchy wee league sides. Pretty easy to show who's playing on Astro and who's on real grass

Yesterday was at New Bayview, another astro. Nearly went but it's a bit of a trek. Dunfermline away is a possibility.

I see the SWNT will be using Hampden for the next campaign. Not really keen on that as a fan but I suppose it's a good move for them.

13 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Yesterday was at New Bayview, another astro. Nearly went but it's a bit of a trek. Dunfermline away is a possibility.

I see the SWNT will be using Hampden for the next campaign. Not really keen on that as a fan but I suppose it's a good move for them.

Yeah I really hoped they'd move the SWNT around the country a bit so I'd actually be able to take my daughter. 

4 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Yeah I really hoped they'd move the SWNT around the country a bit so I'd actually be able to take my daughter. 

Caley Stadium or Dingwall would be a decent crowd-puller I reckon. I've seen them at a few venues but Kirkcaldy was the furthest north.

Edited by TheMantis
I know it's not the TCS any more