ICTWFC

Robert

The news that the club formerly Thistle Girls will be folded into ICT is great news particularly given the background to the situation. If ICT properly support this (and I've no reason to suggest they won't) then it's brilliant news for both ICT and girl's football in the city. 🙌

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

What was the background to the situation, if you don’t mind me asking? My daughter’s team were due to be playing Thistle Girls this month but it got postponed.

One of the top dons in it was done with an alleged sexual offence of some description. Can't give any more details because of the Courier's stupid subscription service where you're not allowed to read articles without paying £40 per year...

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/future-of-club-left-in-doubt-266060/

• 2 weeks later...

There is a chance you could see ICT win a game tomorrow!  

Sunday at Millburn Academy when we welcome Dryburgh back to Inverness in the Championship North.  Kick off 12.30

Inverness Caledonian Thistle WFC on Twitter: "We are back at home on Sunday at Millburn Academy when we welcome Dryburgh back to Inverness in the Championship North. https://t.co/BByShkyLlx" / Twitter

1 hour ago, IBM said:

There is a chance you could see ICT win a game tomorrow!  

Sunday at Millburn Academy when we welcome Dryburgh back to Inverness in the Championship North.  Kick off 12.30

Inverness Caledonian Thistle WFC on Twitter: "We are back at home on Sunday at Millburn Academy when we welcome Dryburgh back to Inverness in the Championship North. https://t.co/BByShkyLlx" / Twitter

Good luck ladies. I read Dryburgh and immediately thought of the Drybrough Cup. Showing my age. 

32 minutes ago, IBM said:

I believe Inverness Caledonian Thistle Women are playing Montrose tomorrow but nothing on the official site.

I hope Gardyne is not the Montrose cheerleader!!

The game was played on Wednesday at Links Park and Montrose won 3 - 1 with their three goals coming from corners.

Today they were away to Buchan and the score was Buchan Women FC 0 - Inverness CT Women 8.  A good away win! 

This week representatives of ICT (CEO Scot Gardiner and women’s manager Karen Mason) along with representatives from Thistle Colts held open meetings with parents of the P1 to U16s girls teams regards to the transition to ICTWFC. 

Much of it was assurances regards to child protection and other stringent policies and procedures ICT have. There was also positive discussion regarding the future integration of the girls into the club, including securing the let for training facilities into 2023. 

Credit where it's due, a lot of effort has gone into making this happen from ICT, Thistle and the many volunteer coaches that support the girl's squads (though it was stated it was actually an easy decision for the club to make in many ways). If the things mentioned come to fruition there is a very bright future for the women's and girls' game in Inverness. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

This week representatives of ICT (CEO Scot Gardiner and women’s manager Karen Mason) along with representatives from Thistle Colts held open meetings with parents of the P1 to U16s girls teams regards to the transition to ICTWFC. 

Much of it was assurances regards to child protection and other stringent policies and procedures ICT have. There was also positive discussion regarding the future integration of the girls into the club, including securing the let for training facilities into 2023. 

Credit where it's due, a lot of effort has gone into making this happen from ICT, Thistle and the many volunteer coaches that support the girl's squads (though it was stated it was actually an easy decision for the club to make in many ways). If the things mentioned come to fruition there is a very bright future for the women's and girls' game in Inverness. 

Positive news. It would be great to see half of the population better represented and treated more fairly in the Inverness football community.

A little way to go yet but definitely a step in the right direction.

• Well Said 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last Sunday Caley Thistle Women drew again with Montrose 1 - 1 thanks to a late corner from Natalie Bodiam that went all the way in, Montrose remain unbeaten in the league. 

Their game against Grampian this weekend at the Caledonian Stadium has been postponed.

Sounds like a fantastic vision. It is one of those things that needs a lot of things to come together before it can be achieved, so understandable that those involved with the idea don't want to say too much at this stage.  The danger is always that too, much publicity raises expectations and if the complete vision can't be delivered, people feel let down when in reality what is delivered represents a real achievement.  It does sound really promising though.  Even a scaled down version would be a huge boost for the wider football community in the city and the women's game in particular.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Whats the league table look like? 

I believe that they are currently 4th in the Championship North.

Great to see them round off their league campaign at the stadium.

Hopefully, they will have the opportunity of playing a number of home  matches at a Premiership venue next season.