ICTWFC

Robert

1 hour ago, STFU said:

It's a shame that the club don't value women's football enough to charge an entry fee.

I disagree. Free entry encourages more people to attend and support the women and hopefully return as firm fans of the rapidly improving women's game.

Anyone who thinks that removing the cost is somehow removing the barrier to entry is very much mistaken in my view.  It's more likely that it builds the expectation that it's a product which should carry no cost for the consumer.  Anyone who wouldn't pay a few pounds to watch is not a supporter and never will be, no matter how many times they get to go for free.

The club have charged and/or asked for donations to junior games in the past.  Why do they think these games are worth more than women's games?

#UnconsciousBias

5 hours ago, STFU said:

Anyone who thinks that removing the cost is somehow removing the barrier to entry is very much mistaken in my view.  It's more likely that it builds the expectation that it's a product which should carry no cost for the consumer.  Anyone who wouldn't pay a few pounds to watch is not a supporter and never will be, no matter how many times they get to go for free.

The club have charged and/or asked for donations to junior games in the past.  Why do they think these games are worth more than women's games?

#UnconsciousBias

They asked for donations the last the women played at the stadium.

It was a fairly comfortable win for ICT in the end although Westdyke did have their chances. 

Great to see some of the young ICT girls play at half time and get a big group picture after the game. 👏⚽

• Like 2

• 1 month later...