Christie transfer finance impacts

Moogthurso

anything we get is gravy ... it would be nice to get a hefty slice of a high fee but even at £1m or £2m then we would still benefit to the tune of 6 figures. My understanding is that we had a "very good" sell-on clause. As noted, if he goes for free at end of contract then we get the same percentage but even 100% of £0 is still £0 !  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I take it celtics stupidity allowing ryan to leave on a 6 month exit will mean caley thistle lose out on lots of money. 

Any idea how badly this will hit us. 

We will lose no money as there is never any guarantee with a sell on clause.

As has been said above, if he sees out his contract we will get nothing at all.

If he moves for the reported fee of circa one million pounds, we will get a sum which the club will not have budgeted for which may enable us to recruit one, or possibly two, decent players, in January to strengthen our promotion push, which will hopefully still be on track by then.

Whichever way you look at it, while the figure might be disappointing compared to what we might have got had he been sold a year and a half ago, it is a bonus for the club right now to get anything at all.

• Agree 2

The Sun say Transfer fee is £1m, Record says £1.5m and perhaps less credibly one or two Tweeters say £2.5m.

Whichever, Bournemouth are getting a bargain and ICT are hopefully getting a 6 figure sum in a season when it is very much needed.

It's too easy to get caught up in the rumours brandished around about sell-on clauses and at times they're not worth the paper they're written on.

It should only ever be seen as a bonus for the selling club and never be counted on, any board that does needs their heads checking. Any money we get can only benefit if it's seen as an unexpected income.

If anyone is disappointed by the amount then they need to look back at the original sale of Christie and question the amount we got then, in my opinion it was nowhere near enough.

• Agree 2

I believe we're in for 20% but this is a breathtakingly poor move for Ryan from a purely footballing perspective. Good to see him get away from Celtic and the toxic abuse he received from the greatest fans in the world but his agent needs shooting. Would have liked to see him try his hand abroad so to see him end up at a bang average Championship side is really disappointing and selling the lad well short. 

Edited by ymip

21 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I would hope they have built in further payments after so many games etc and a sell on %. If this is the case, we should be due our cut when/if celtic receive any more cash for Ryan.

I'd expect Celtic would have thought about that , but doubt we thought that far down the line.

Edited by Satan
Sp

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

I would hope they have built in further payments after so many games etc and a sell on %. If this is the case, we should be due our cut when/if celtic receive any more cash for Ryan.

I suspect the deal between Celtic and Bournemouth will contain a significant add on in the event of the latter being promoted back to the English Premiership this season which, assuming our sell on clause was carefully drafted, we should alsi benefit for.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Cherries through their Inverness connection in Ted Macdougall will now be following their progress this season with even greater interest.

• Like 2

By definition I know Bournemouth well and Ryan will be very relaxed there. If he settles in quickly and the Cherries get going again he should become a regular rather than a seat warmer which enhances his chance of playing in the EPL either for Bournemouth under a very good manager or an EPL side. It was a surprise move but I can see the logic. Ted was quite a character. Ryan is slightly different in that respect.  Waiting to see how Shinnie copes with him!! On the face of it ICT will now get a decent amount of money from the deal which will be a major bonus.

3 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Wow £3m . 

Thats brilliant for caley. 

20% 💰💰💰💰💰

I don't know where you are getting that from.

The figure being generally accepted is half of that.

Still a decent little windfall in finsncially constrained times.

Transfer fees quoted in the media are often the maximum it can get to with add ons etc. Also, the amount the buying club pays is more than the selling club actually receives because of agents taking their cut.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Transfer fees quoted in the media are often the maximum it can get to with add ons etc. Also, the amount the buying club pays is more than the selling club actually receives because of agents taking their cut.

Very much so. I suspect that the figure which will be used to calculate our share will be in ths ballpark of one and a half million.

Still a very welcome six figure sum we would not have received if he had decided to sit out the remaining months or his contract.

10 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Very much so. I suspect that the figure which will be used to calculate our share will be in ths ballpark of one and a half million.

Still a very welcome six figure sum we would not have received if he had decided to sit out the remaining months or his contract.

Off topic but, given the progress he has made this season and his obvious future potential, I am pleased and relieved that the window has closed without a bid for Roddy Macgregor.

6 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Off topic but, given the progress he has made this season and his obvious future potential, I am pleased and relieved that the window has closed without a bid for Roddy Macgregor.

Still an hour to go before it closes in Scotland!

8 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I suspect the deal between Celtic and Bournemouth will contain a significant add on in the event of the latter being promoted back to the English Premiership this season which, assuming our sell on clause was carefully drafted, we should alsi benefit for.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Cherries through their Inverness connection in Ted Macdougall will now be following their progress this season with even greater interest.

I was the same, I have followed Bournemouth since 1971, as they played in the same strips as Inverness Thistle, and Celtic were my big team when Inverness didn't have a Scottish league team, so it's a win win for me, but I thought he would have moved to the Premier league or abroad. I think he was harshly treated by a section of the Celtic support and maybe needed a change. He will now be down on the South Coast with Stuart Armstrong. 

• Like 1

If we do get any money from the Christie move, and I'm still not convinced we actually will do, then hopefully it can be used to extend the contracts of some our promising young players like MacGregor, Deas and Gardyne.

• Funny 1