Top of the table clash: Partick Thistle (H): 11 September

Robert

I'm with Johndo on Duku. He is awkward and gangly, often doesn't play the simple ball.....in short he is unpredictable. But he is the type who will unsettle defences and force mistakes. His audacious backward header in the first half would have been spectacular but for a good save. But Ridgers point blank save was out of this world. It was a sure fire goal all the way. That kept us in it......no way back if that had gone in. Or was there?  Inexplicable complete dominance in the second half came from nowhere.  Quite a day and the table makes good reading. We also have some depth to the squad and expectations are realistically rising. It's always a difficult league and a good start ;points on the board is part of the key to succeeding. We are well placed. All that is missing it seems is bums on seats. Surely folks will trickle back with this sort of performance: let's hope so. The players must be enjoying this as much as us and momentum is what we currently have. Long may it continue. I'm debuting at dunfermline hopefully and it's an exciting prospect. See ya there 

• Agree 2

As the effects of the “Doddsies” clear my noggin I can reflect further. Duku isn’t my type of centre forward. Strange to say that he is probably too skill full and not physical enough. However the opposite could be said about Shane. What we need is a Shane Duku !! I think that we may have to witness the separate pairings of both with McKay before making a decision. My other major good feeling about this season is that we have more cover than usual and a number of players who can step up, fit into the system and not look out of sort playing out of position. Perhaps I purposely blanked out the Graham sclaff in the first half, in a suspiciously looking offside position. Now if that had gone in and we had gone 2-0 down then things may have been different. But when things are going well Lady Luck tends to go with you. We would probably have won 3-2!in any case. Anyway I am heading home to care for the mentally ill of Lancashire. What a great day out and so good to see so many “old” faces - and a Lizi Hug ❤️. Look forward to my next away adventure and sinking a few more celebratory Doddsies 👍

Stunning turnaround. Absolutely stunning. Probably the first game this season we have actually gotten out of second gear and we ended up tearing Partick apart. First half was pretty even although Partick had the best chances with the Tiffoney strike and the Graham sitter. Carson seemed well out of position for the opener and Broadfoot and Devine didn't really handle the situation well either but after Ridgers stood up well to deny Graham and we got to half time at 0 - 1 you still felt if we got an early goal then we might go on to get something.

And we absolutely did that and then some. The second half performance was just sublime. I can see why Partick felt they could let Broadfoot rumble forward for about 40 yards unchallenged as I don't think anyone in the ground expected him to find the bottom corner with a trundling effort but it's what he did and we again benefitted from another goalkeeping cock up when Sneddon forgot to grab the ball and Sutherland finished well from a narrowing angle. The best was the third with a lovely dummy from Duku and a cracking whipped shot from Doran to complete the turnaround. A utterly fantastic performance!

What a shame that less than 2,000 ICT fans were there to see it. Maybe some are concerned with COVID and staying away (and that's fine) but if you know anyone who isn't going along to the stadium on match days then do your best to get them to come along because we have a real shot here at going up. It's probably as strong a squad as we've had in seasons (Billy Mckay on the bench not getting a game FFS!) and when we get going we are playing some excellent stuff. Bring on Dunfermline away!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

• IBM unfeatured and unpinned this topic