Curses.....

tm4tj

I was dubious when he was appointed as assistant last season but, since then, almost everything he has done has proved me wrong and I have seldom been more delighted to be wrong.

Well deserved and time to expunge the curse by winning several more such awards this season starting by adding Manager of the Month for September.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It is more about toasts than curses. I am probably making a significant personal gesture but when I raise a double voddie and coke in celebratory fashion in the future I will refer to the joyful glass as “Doddsie” and savour the moment -This experiment is still in the research period but I assure you that I am working as hard as I can. Hopefully some peeps may be able to join me in an experimental scoop later today. 😎

31 minutes ago, jagster said:

Didn’t Richie Foran get MoM after two or three months and that season didn’t pan out too well 

I think that was Miracle of the Month!  Billy is a much more experienced guy than Richie was and Billy is surrounded by rather more experienced people to support him.  We are a division below so I can't see the same kind of colapse happening this time round.  This is a well deserved award for Billy and should set us up well for the rest of the season.  No doubt we will have some poor performances and a bit of bad luck along the way, but it's looking promising for a good push for promotion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I think that was Miracle of the Month!  Billy is a much more experienced guy than Richie was and Billy is surrounded by rather more experienced people to support him.  We are a division below so I can't see the same kind of colapse happening this time round.  This is a well deserved award for Billy and should set us up well for the rest of the season.  No doubt we will have some poor performances and a bit of bad luck along the way, but it's looking promising for a good push for promotion.

There will almost certainly be a slump in performance and results at some point in the season. However, the more points we can put on the board now and the greater the distance we can put between us and the rest the better able we will be to weather any such storm.

• Agree 1

Great to come away from the game with a smile although I must say first 10 min had me a little worried it is great that they were able to sort it out and shows we now have leaders on and off the park.

• Agree 1

On 9/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, Kingsmills said:

There will almost certainly be a slump in performance and results at some point in the season. However, the more points we can put on the board now and the greater the distance we can put between us and the rest the better able we will be to weather any such storm.

Why? 

HappyClappySupporters

19 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Why? 

HappyClappySupporters

I would be as delighted as anyone to be proved wrong and for us to continue to win match after match after match until the end of the season and secure the title with four or five games to go.

However, this is a very competitive division, we have a relatively thin squad and, being realistic, I suspect injury, suspension and dips in form to play a part during the course of the season which is why the more hay we can make while the sun continues to shine the better.

• Agree 1