Raith Rovers v Inverness CT - Preview

Robert

38 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

The Raith commentators were really good, as always, and I did like their taking the mickey out of the referee.

"Take 30 lines.   "I must not backchat to the referee".  Before the start of the second half!"   🤣🤣

Yes I liked that one!  They were good as you say it was good coverage and I am glad you managed to see it.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Problem with googling 'Top 5' of anything like VPN (or hosting)

It wasn’t quite like that…  😜I just quoted the kind of thing that came up. Yes I get all that, I’ve used cnet in the past.

After the Raith support guy wasn’t forthcoming with any more help it was about 45 minutes to kickoff and I wasn’t going to commit to something that I might use once, without researching it a bit more. £14 to watch a game on a tablet is bad enough. So I got the Hearts game on the radio while watching the Lewis rain battering off the window. Sounds like I didn’t miss all that much.

Raith fans must dread playing us. They haven’t beaten us in any of the last 20 league fixtures, going back 21 years. For 2 fairly equally resourced clubs, that is a remarkably one sided run.  
Prior to 2001 we had only taken 1 point from the first 6 fixtures against them. Then Wyness started tearing them apart and they’ve been traumatised ever since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

How about instead, we aim to lead the table from start to finish ?

We should be trying our best to stay on top as it puts more pressure on the teams below. The last thing we need is to start slipping down the table. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I think for Tuesday night against arbroath, we need to get Walsh back on the right wing, to try and drag their back four wide, and get behind their defence. There's too many sideways passes and not enough getting to the byline. We also need to start the game like the way we play after we are behind. There have been games, like the second half against partick, where we throw the kitchen sink at them, but we should be doing this from the first whistle and then manage the game to the final whistle. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
On 10/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, RiG said:

On another note Jamie MacDonald is absolutely brilliant. A good keeper and, as always, he took the gentle ribbing we always give him very well. A top guy.

There was a wee feature on him on A View from the Terrace in which he came across well. He mentioned that the moment which handed us the Scottish Cup was the lowest point in his career. Helpfully, the show’s producers showed the goal several times.

• tm4tj locked this topic