Inverness CT -V- Arbroath - Preview

Robert

• Robert changed the title to Inverness CT v Arbroath: 26 October
2 hours ago, Satan said:

26th March!!...made me look anyway.

Wish I could say I did it on purpose to grab your attention…..

Must just be senility kicking in!

Thanks for pointing it out, now updated. 

• Funny 1

Matchday 11

A busy night of Championship Football has Arbroath heading North to the Caledonian Stadium for a 7:45 kick-off on Tuesday night. The Smokies sit seven points behind the league leaders in fifth place despite being the second highest scorers in the Championship, but four draws and two defeats have held them back slightly.

The first game this season at Gayfield ended in a scarcely deserved away win thanks to a neat dinked finish from Shane Sutherland as he bore down on Gaston in the Arbroath goal. 

Dinky Shane

Matchday Info - Tickets - Streaming

Venue - Head 2 Head Pld Won Drn Lst For Agst + / -
Home 19 15 2 2 53 17 +36
Away 18 9 3 6 26 22 +4
Neutral 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 37 24 5 8 79 39 +40
First Competitive Meeting
Aug 13th, 1994 League ((Div 3)) (H) 5 - 2
Most Recent Competitive Meeting
Jul 31st, 2021 League (Championship) (A) 1 - 0
Last 10 Competitive Meetings
win.png
1 - 0
(A)
win.png
1 - 0
(H)
draw.png
1 - 1
(A)
win.png
3 - 1
(H)
loss.png
0 - 1
(H)
loss.png
0 - 3
(A)
win.png
2 - 1
(H)
loss.png
0 - 3
(H)
win.png
7 - 0
(H)
win.png
2 - 0
(A)
Biggest Victories
Jul 30th, 2016 League Cup (Group C) (H) 7 - 0
Heaviest Defeats
Nov 9th, 2019 League (A) 0 - 3
Aug 2nd, 2016 Challenge Cup (Under 20s) (H) 0 - 3
Highest Attendance
Aug 10th, 2019 League (H) 2,298
Highest Home Attendance
Aug 10th, 2019 League (H) 2,298

The stats for this home fixture lie heavily in our favour with 15 wins from 19 fixtures and only 2 defeats. However, those defeats have come recently and we lost this one 0 - 1 in December 2019 when Luke Donnelly scored the only goal in December 2019. Fortunately, we won both home fixtures last season, but we seem to have difficulty breaking Arbroath down and end up clinging on somewhat. Changed days from the 7-0 results of yore.

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Inverness CT 10 7 2 1 13 5 8 23
2. Kilmarnock 10 6 2 2 13 7 6 20
3. Raith Rovers 10 5 3 2 17 12 5 18
4. Partick Thistle 10 5 1 4 23 14 9 16
5. Arbroath 10 4 4 2 18 9 9 16
6. Ayr United 10 3 3 4 10 14 -4 12
7. Queen of the South 10 3 1 6 10 14 -4 10
8. Hamilton Academical 10 2 2 6 10 23 -13 8
9. Morton 10 1 4 5 7 14 -7 7
10. Dunfermline 10 0 6 4 6 15 -9 6

Despite those defeats for Arbroath, it's still been a successful season so far and Dick Campbell can be pleased with his part time sides progress. The two losses were against Inverness & Raith Rovers which tells you all you need to know about their resilience.

Fixtures on Tuesday night

Morton 19:30 Partick Th

Ayr United 19:45 Kilmarnock

Dunfermline 19:45 Raith Rovers

Hamilton Accies 19:45 Queen of the Sth

Inverness CT 19:45 Arbroath FC

On Saturday we face a tough trip to Partick

Last time out

We laboured for a point against ten man Raith Rovers. Aidan Connolly had given Raith the lead but Sean Welsh drove through a ruck of players from just outside the box to earn the point. Disappointing given Raith played the whole of the second half with ten men and also had to replace to important players through injury. However, a point would have been acceptable before the game and no major damage to our title aspirations with Killie the only ones to close the gap.

Here's the goals from Starks Park

Arbroath had to settle for a draw at the weekend as Ayr United came from behind to get their point in a close encounter. Form player Michael McKenna opened the scoring ten minutes into the second half only for Jonathan Afolabi to level ten minutes before the end. No wins in the last four for Arbroath.

Latest Team News

Billy Dodds has been without David Carson for a few weeks through injury now and he has been on compassionate leave for a couple of weeks now. Cammy Harper missed out against Raith Rovers with a groin injury. As usual, little info filtering through regards injuries and availability.

Dick Campbell has been without Nick Low and it's unlikely he will make this game. Joel Nouble was a big nuisance in the first game with his robust style and will be a danger. At over 6ft 3in he will be a problem for most defences.

Here's Bazza

May be an image of text that says "SCOTTISH CUP THIRD ROUND DRAW WILL PLAY MORTON CERNEN ------ Fር 18 Inverness aledonian Thistle INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE 74 GREENOCK MORTON SCOTTISH CUP ORIGINAL MOMENTS. UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES. 1873"The Caley Jags will face Morton at home in the Third Round of the Scottish Cup

Third Round Ties to take place weekend of November 27th

Unfortunately it's a bit of a damp squib for those looking to visit new grounds. I suspect the Morton fans will be even less enthusiastic given the tie will be played in the Highlands.

However, it's a great opportunity to progress into the hat for the 4th round draw, alas, Morton will feel the same.

View full article

• Like 1

• tm4tj changed the title to Inverness CT -V- Arbroath - Preview
  • tm4tj pinned and featured this topic
26 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Not quite as fine as I will be sitting on my couch watching on PPV and nursing a wee Glenmorangie 🥃😁

I hope you enjoy the game and will be having a "double dodsie " after :wink:

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Not quite as fine as I will be sitting on my couch watching on PPV and nursing a wee Glenmorangie 🥃😁

That conjures up a cosy scene, but we will brave it, in the hope that IBM is correct in his assumption that all will be fine at the back of the North stand.

Better go and look out the winter woolies - brrr. The boys won't hear you cheering them on from the sofa.

24 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

That conjures up a cosy scene, but we will brave it, in the hope that IBM is correct in his assumption that all will be fine at the back of the North stand.

Better go and look out the winter woolies - brrr. The boys won't hear you cheering them on from the sofa.

Very true and I will miss being there but I have reached the stage in life where a 200 mile round trip for a midweek match is likely to be an increasing rarity.

Gets me home way past my bedtime 😁

Carson isn't at the club because of a well documented family bereavement. Poor form to be speculating about any other reasons for his absence, whether they are true or not, at this time.

• Well Said 2

41 minutes ago, ictbob said:

Thoughts are with David and his family but if he's walked out on his contract then fans have right to discuss that. Fail to see why its poor form?

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that he has. At this time I'd say the guy needs support not folk calling into question his level of professionalism.

Edited by RiG

A truly terrible evening for us compounded by Kilmarnock's late winner at Ayr.

If we can't somehow find a way to turn round this abysmal run of form and win at Firhill on Saturday then we can probably forget about our ambitions for automatic promotion.

Arbroath are, very typically of Dick Campbell sides, very well organised but, much like Alloa last term, if we can't find a way to beat part time teams, especially at home, we will win nothing and deservedly so.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic