Ayr United -V- Inverness CT - Preview

Robert

41 minutes ago, TheCaleyOne said:

I was trying to purchase game to watch online but I can't find price or how you pay to subscribe to it. Has anyone else tried yet?

After seeing Roberts note above I was going to try about lunchtime on Saturday. 

9 hours ago, TheCaleyOne said:

I was trying to purchase game to watch online but I can't find price or how you pay to subscribe to it. Has anyone else tried yet?

I just had a look, and I agree with you - I can't see any way to buy a PPV ticket.  Will have another look later in the week.

And, for those like me who are south of the border (or using a 4G connection in Lewis :lol:), I see that they are enforcing the UEFA/FA ban on selling Saturday afternoon PPV tickets to anyone whom they think is in England. 

30 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I contacted Ayr about purchasing PPV, and this is their reply:

"The PPV purchase functionality will be set live tomorrow (Friday) round about lunch time if you want to try again then."

Might have been useful for the site to have clearly and prominently stated that in the first place.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Might have been useful for the site to have clearly and prominently stated that in the first place.

It's simple things like that they can't seem to get right, no wonder people complain.

Crackers or Damp Squibs

Another away day for the Caley Jags as we head to Somerset Park Ayr to take on mid table Ayr United in a cinch Championship match. Kick off is at 3:00pm on Saturday with live streaming available from Ayr TV if you can't attend the game. First encounter this season saw Tom Walsh win the game in unorthodox fashion as he bundled the ball into the net from six yards. Inverness will be looking to get back to winning ways and Ayr will be hoping to steer clear of the relegation zone. Can we expect fireworks for Guy Fawkes? Or will we be left smouldering... 

PPV STREAM

OFFICIAL PREVIEW

MATCH INFO & TICKETS

SUPPORTERS BUS 07462 218717

Venue Pld Won Drn Lst For Agst + / -
Home 21 10 10 1 35 20 +15
Away 21 10 4 7 40 26 +14
Neutral 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 42 20 14 8 75 46 +29

The recent trend shows us only one defeat over the last ten meetings and the last visit to Ayr resulted in a 2-0 win for Inverness. Daniel Mackay and Shane Sutherland scored the goals that day in February 2021. The first meeting this season ended in a narrow 1-0 win for the Caley Jags in the Highlands when Tom Walsh chested the ball into the net as Sean McGinty tried to clear his lines. Shame!

First Competitive Meeting
Aug 28th, 1999 League (A) 0 - 1
Most Recent Competitive Meeting
Aug 21st, 2021 League (Championship) (H) 1 - 0
Last 10 Competitive Meetings
win.png
1 - 0
(H)
draw.png
2 - 2
(H)
win.png
2 - 0
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)
loss.png
0 - 1
(A)
win.png
2 - 0
(H)
win.png
2 - 0
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)
win.png
3 - 1
(A)
win.png
1 - 0
(A)
Biggest Victories
Apr 24th, 2010 League (A) 7 - 0
Heaviest Defeats
Nov 28th, 2001 League Cup (Quarter Final) (A) 1 - 5
Highest Attendance
Aug 15th, 2009 League (H) 3,297
Highest Home Attendance
Aug 15th, 2009 League (H) 3,297

It was a great week for Killie as they overhauled a five point deficit to Inverness and now head the table by two as we garnered only two points from the last three games. Arbroath provided the performance of the week by coming from two goals down to beat Dunfermline 4-2. Makes our defeat to Arbroath look like a great result. Mon the Smokies! Subsequently, Peter Grant was removed from his post at East End Park.

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Kilmarnock 12 8 2 2 18 7 11 26
2. Inverness CT 12 7 3 2 13 6 7 24
3. Arbroath 12 6 4 2 23 11 12 22
4. Raith Rovers 12 6 4 2 20 14 6 22
5. Partick Thistle 12 5 3 4 23 14 9 18
6. Ayr United 12 3 3 6 11 17 -6 12
7. Hamilton Academical 12 3 3 6 12 24 -12 12
8. Queen of the South 12 3 1 8 10 19 -9 10
9. Morton 12 1 6 5 8 15 -7 9
10. Dunfermline 12 0 7 5 9 20 -11 7

Saturday's Championship fixture list

Ayr Utd v Caley Jags

Pars v Morton

Accies v Arbroath

Killie v Partick

Queens v Rovers

Last time out

We dropped more points at Partick in a no scoring draw although the performance was much improved from the abyss of the Arbroath game. A penalty miss and two off the woodwork was more unfortunate than poor play, but we still need to get back to scoring goals. However, the wins have dried up considerably although two points off the top after a dozen games is not too shabby.

Ayr have played three tough games in a row and lost the last two by a single goal. A 2-1 defeat at Raith on the last outing where they fell just short in a close encounter, Jack Baird pulling Ayr back into the game to set up the grandstand finish. So, despite only picking up one point in their last three, they are far from being whipping boys. 

Latest Team News

No word on David Carson but Cammy Harper is back training and could be added to the squad. Shane Sutherland was missing last week at Partick. Apart from that, it should be as you were.

Jim Duffy could be without defender Aaron Muirhead and midfielder Steven Bradley who has a shoulder injury. 

Ayr starting XI v Raith: McAdams; Houston, Baird, Fjørtoft, Reading, McAllister, Murdoch, Chalmers, Maxwell, Adeloye, Salkeld.

View full article

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

10 minutes ago, Satan said:

The sooner the livestreams bite the dust the better, gone on too long now, with most restrictions gone there is no need for this anymore.

They are good for away games that you would not be able to get to and for home games that those that are unable to get to due to ongoing medical conditions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

£18 is steep but I will cough up. I think we charge £15 for our games so we are at the higher end of the scale too.

I understand why they don’t want to lose out on paying customers, but matching the entrance fee for adults is excessive. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would hope the live stream is here to stay.  Not only does it allow supporters who live too far away to attend in person to watch home games, it also allows local supporters who are unable to attend for whatever reason to watch.  There are long standing supporters who can no longer get to games  because of mobility or other health reasons or because they have carer responsibilities.  The live streams allow these folk to watch their team and put a bit of cash into the club's coffers.  Hopefully there will also be parents of young children who will watch at home, and the experience will inspire the children to want to come to the stadium to watch in person when they are old enough.

• Agree 6

I'd be interested to know the financial returns, even though it's none of my business.

200 people paying £15 totals £3,000 - and I'm sure that some of the clubs with larger followings could attract substantially more than that.  Not counting Cup games, 18 league games would thus bring in £54,000.   Costs of equipment and payments to the internet and streaming providers would come off that, and I'll guess that commentators are all unpaid volunteers. So a club may well take in enough money to employ, say, an additional member of staff, on or off the field - or could use the money for other things.

I haven't seen any suggestion that actual physical attendances have been hit by the livestreaming.  Although, as I once said, wait for a freezing mid-week night in February!

16 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

To all those making the long trip to Ayr, have a grear day at the seaside.

Can you please bring me back some shells from the beach, a stick of rock and three points.

The three points will do me ta

• Agree 2

Regarding streaming, I’m an example of a former season ticket holder now disabled and housebound. Getting to see my team on a Saturday again has been a real treat and I do hope it continues. Not sure about coughing up £18 to aid Ayr’s coffers though!! If it were a home game I’d have no hesitation!

• Like 5
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic