Ayr United -V- Inverness CT - Preview

Robert

Same players providing same dross every week. 1 player with any quality os Gardyne, rest are poor. Has McDonald made a pass at Dodd's mrs...Duku waste of a jersey, Walsh gives you 10mins and then nothing, Dorrans anonymous..must be a sivkner being on the bench in that team...they seriously are clueless...no creativity,  no quality, tactically poor..lucky to get away with a draw....

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Another draw in a game we could have (maybe should have) won.  How costly will these missed opportunities be at the end of the season?   At least, Killie are still losing.  Let us hope that game stays that way!

You think we should have won. I thought Ayr dominated 2nd half and had 3 clear chances, think we offered very very little. Basics poor, tactics poor, no movement. 2nd half Gardyne nullified and that gave us no attacking threat...

5 minutes ago, ForresJag said:

Same players providing same dross every week. 1 player with any quality os Gardyne, rest are poor. Has McDonald made a pass at Dodd's mrs...Duku waste of a jersey, Walsh gives you 10mins and then nothing, Dorrans anonymous..must be a sivkner being on the bench in that team...they seriously are clueless...no creativity,  no quality, tactically poor..lucky to get away with a draw....

That’s extremely harsh. We were good in the first half and, whilst we were not nearly as potent in the second half, the Ayr ‘keeper made several good saves or we would have won it.

I enjoyed the game, which was in difficult conditions, with both teams trying to get forward.

Gardyne was my pick in the first half, but had a quieter second half, whilst I thought Allardice was good throughout the game.

I am very frustrated at losing the PPV stream, so may be seeing the second half performance through rose tinted glasses.

Other results have largely suited us today though.

• Agree 1

The only positive to take from today is that somehow we managed to lose no ground to anyone else in the top four.

However, what a wasted opportunity to seize the practical and psychological advanage we could have had by going back top of the league if we could only hold onto the lead, not once but twice, against a poor Ayr side.

We were fortunate with other results this week but that will not always be the case and if we are going to remain competitive we will have to be very much better

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

E-mail sent. Will let you know if I get a favourable response. 

Have sent in a refund request using the form on their website - which is how I got a response from them earlier in the week.

Their terms and conditions say "Ayr United FC cannot guarantee the availability or level of service of the stream at all times".  I am not a lawyer, but I can't see that standing up to any legal scrutiny.  No one would enter into a contract with them to see anything other than the entire game, especially given the amount they charge.

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

That’s extremely harsh. We were good in the first half and, whilst we were not nearly as potent in the second half, the Ayr ‘keeper made several good saves or we would have won it.

I enjoyed the game, which was in difficult conditions, with both teams trying to get forward.

Gardyne was my pick in the first half, but had a quieter second half, whilst I thought Allardice was good throughout the game.

I am very frustrated at losing the PPV stream, so may be seeing the second half performance through rose tinted glasses.

Other results have largely suited us today though.

Not sure what part is harsh. 1st half was decent but dont remember Ayr keeper having to pull of a number of saves, 1 from header was exceptional. Once they nullified Gardyne we offered nothing. Walsh\Dorran offered nothing in the 2nd half, Duku is a waste of time....it seems that its the same players every week , same subs and for last 4-5 games the same results. Last week we were decent but thats a one off. Maybe harsh but thats what I see, stop 1 player you stop us scoring!!!

Edited by ForresJag

8 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Have sent in a refund request using the form on their website - which is how I got a response from them earlier in the week.

Their terms and conditions say "Ayr United FC cannot guarantee the availability or level of service of the stream at all times".  I am not a lawyer, but I can't see that standing up to any legal scrutiny.  No one would enter into a contract with them to see anything other than the entire game, especially given the amount they charge.

I am a lawyer and, in all probability, harsh as it seems, that clause would probably be upheld.

However, I do think it would be a reasonable goodwill gesture from Ayr to refund maybe £8

Edited by Kingsmills

I agree that when they quietened Gardyne we did seem to be less of a threat but we did have 9 attempts on target.

I have just read the BBC live text to remind myself of the efforts.

Mckay had an effort well saved just before we scored our first. That was the only save the Ayr ‘keeper made in the first half.

In the second half, efforts by Mckay, Gardyne, Mckay again. Gardyne again, Welsh and Mckay again were saved. My recollection is that some of these saves were good.

We should have won but could easily have lost so a draw is a fair result.

We need to start winning again and to put teams to bed when we are on top.

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

I agree that when they quietened Gardyne we did seem to be less of a threat but we did have 9 attempts on target.

I have just read the BBC live text to remind myself of the efforts.

Mckay had an effort well saved just before we scored our first. That was the only save the Ayr ‘keeper made in the first half.

In the second half, efforts by Mckay, Gardyne, Mckay again. Gardyne again, Welsh and Mckay again were saved. My recollection is that some of these saves were good.

We should have won but could easily have lost so a draw is a fair result.

We need to start winning again and to put teams to bed when we are on top.

In context, I remember 1 save in 2nd half from Walsh sidefoit volley...Ayr keeper certainly dudnt have a blinder. Ayr certainly had better chances, one great save from Ridgets, 2 put wide and one whick looked harder to miss. My argument is its the same every week. Players flatter to deceive and square pegs in round holes. Got young , good players on the bench, maybe its time they were given their head, certainly cant be any worse than what us getting minutes every week. This isnt a 1 off, even when winning games the performances werent very good but you take axwin over performance every week...now there are no wins...time to change the personnel, 

• Thoughtful 1

I agree with what others have said regarding subs. It's all very samey most weeks with any changes we make. Jamieson looks far more dangerous than Duku and has scored goals for us. And it would be nice to see more of Mcdonald. Always liked him when he was with us previously. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

I agree with what others have said regarding subs. It's all very samey most weeks with any changes we make. Jamieson looks far more dangerous than Duku and has scored goals for us. And it would be nice to see more of Mcdonald. Always liked him when he was with us previously. 

I was impressed with Duku when he first arrived and was convinced he would make a very positive impact.

Now I see why he never seems to last more than a season at any club.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

I agree with you I have liked the look of Jamieson as well and as you say he has scored.  Not sure why  Mcdonald is not played either he might have something different to offer.

30 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I was impressed with Duku when he first arrived and was convinced he would make a very positive impact.

Now I see why he never seems to last more than a season at any club.

Duku was more dangerous when he played against us last season for Raith Rovers but seems to have gone off the boil!

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic