Ayr United -V- Inverness CT - Preview

Robert

At tje prices

4 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

If I was a lawyer with infinite time and resources, I might argue that:

a) there was a contract between them and me explicitly to allow me to watch the game (unlike, for example, a contract between me and my ISP to allow general access to the internet, or the licence fee allowing me to generally watch broadcast TV)

b) it was reasonable to expect to be able to watch the entire game - no one would buy a ticket to watch only part of the game

c) in the event of failure to supply the service, they are responsible to me, in a manner similar to a retailer (not manufacturer) being responsible for remedying problems with faulty goods

d) the get-out clause about not guaranteeing the stream is therefore not valid

e) they should thus compensate their customers, and then seek redress from their service supplier (as a retailer of goods would seek redress from a manufacturer) if they can establish where the fault was - their contracts with their suppliers should include service level requirements and provisions covering service failure.

Now you can probably see why I'm not a lawyer  :lol:

Judging by the amount of words you used, you're on the right track.

Just need to come up with an exorbitant fee per word and you are almost there.

I’ve had another e-mail from Ayr advising of a £5 refund. I’ve not responded pending knowing what others are doing but probably better than we are entitled to given their disclaimer. 

Edited by Robert
Changed “offering” to “advising”.

13 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Just received one, too, but mine isn't an offer.

"As a goodwill gesture, we will issue a refund of £5. This will be processed today and will be in your account within the next few days."

Happy to accept that, since we saw about 85% of the game.

Same. Whilst it would have been nice to have a freebie for the next virtual visit to Somerset Park, £5 seems reasonable compensation for the interuption suffered.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic