Robert

This inability to play decently in both halves of any match has gone from frustrating to deeply damaging.

Worse still, our chronic and worsening inability to hold on to a lead has, almost certainly, already cost us the chance of automatic promotion and if this collective flaw in the psyche of the team and coaching staff is not resolved soon it could well cost us a play off spot as well come the end of the season.

Against the bottom team in the division, who are bottom for a reason, this is deeply deeply disappointing and frankly wholly unacceptable.

• Agree 1

Say the sane thing every week. Same players producing same dross every week and the management stick with them. Zero attacking threat in 2nd half, again because Gardyne nulified. Doran and Walsh contributed nothing and then its the panic changes and expecting players to come on and change whole focus of the game in 15-20 mins. No creativity, no pace in play, simple decisions wrong, playing players who offer very little on a consistent basis.

• Agree 2

Headless Chickens 1, Dunfermline 2.

Lots of frantic running around, but no direction.  With the possible exception of Gardyne, we don't have the skills for anything fancy.  So keep it simple.  Run at the box, run at the goal, run at the defender. They can keep you out on the wing or outside of the box forever.  Put them under pressure - force them to stop you.  Be direct.

Do lots of shooting practice.

And FFS learn the offside rule.

PS.  The livestream was rubbish too.  Stuttering constantly, and frequently frozen.  Unfortunately I didn't miss anything.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
Added moan about livestream
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ymip said:

Absolutely dreadful second half. Should have been home and hosed at half time. Going to be a long season....hugely frustrating after such a strong start. 

I think the strong start was more to do with others being slow starters than us being good. A lot if tgecgames the result hid the poor performance BUR I would take result over performance every week...now it is neither and we have a manager with no experience of trying to turn it around when things are going against you. What he does is the same thing every week...and that isnt going to happen.

Naive to be done like that. I watched Hughes running round to Dunfermline changing room at half time. I thought he would be saying get at them and surely ICT team and coaching staff would have known that's the one thing he would say !! They collectively couldn't respond. Very disappointing. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ForresJag said:

I think the strong start was more to do with others being slow starters than us being good. A lot if tgecgames the result hid the poor performance BUR I would take result over performance every week...now it is neither and we have a manager with no experience of trying to turn it around when things are going against you. What he does is the same thing every week...and that isnt going to happen.

Don’t think Dodds was on the touch line today

• Agree 1

We were only comfortable until we scored, thereafter we were absolutely honking. Pars almost scored three just before the break. Devine's clearance was magnificent averting a certain goal, Ridgers' point blank save and a header clearance off the line. So no, we were not comfortable in the first half, fortunate is more appropriate.

Too many passengers like Walsh and Doran and not enough industry and guile. No directness, caught offside time and time again, all in all a very frustrating afternoon. 

Lack of depth of squad is a major worry with festive games coming up.

Raging mannie.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

.PS.  The livestream was rubbish too.  Stuttering constantly, and frequently frozen.  Unfortunately I didn't miss anything.

Yeah mine was atrocious. Only saw one of the 3 goals and it was especially bad in the 2nd half after they did something at HT to try and fix it.

That game sums up our performances in October and November. In the first half, we were the better team but lacked potency to kill the game off. After half time, we didn’t play at all and didn’t trouble Dunfermline, who deserved the three points.

Looking at the season so far, it has all gone downhill since the end of September:

First 7 games: 6 wins, 1 draw, 19 points.

Last 7 games: 1 win, 3 draws, 3 defeats: 6 points.

We all knew our league position was a bit false on 25 September, but the wheels have come off in terms of our results. What has changed and how do we sort it?

Friday’s game in Dumfries could be pivotal if we want to stay in the mix at the top and not be dragged into the fight at the bottom.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

That game sums up our performances in October and November. In the first half, we were the better team but lacked potency to kill the game off. After half time, we didn’t play at all and didn’t trouble Dunfermline, who deserved the three points.

Looking at the season so far, it has all gone downhill since the end of September:

First 7 games: 6 wins, 1 draw, 19 points.

Last 7 games: 1 win, 3 draws, 3 defeats: 6 points.

We all knew our league position was a bit false on 25 September, but the wheels have come off in terms of our results. What has changed and how do we sort it?

Friday’s game in Dumfries could be pivotal if we want to stay in the mix at the top and not be dragged into the fight at the bottom.

One thing that has changed is that we appointed a video analyst in the middle of September.  I thought this would be a really positive thing in that it would allow the players to understand where they could improve in terms of positioning and choices of pass etc., but it is not obvious what benefit it has brought in practice.  I'm not suggesting it is a cause of our drop in results, but it would be interesting to know how useful the players and coaching staff find it.  There will be a number of reasons why our results have dropped off and video analysis should be a helpful tool in identifying some of those.

The absence of Carson  has been a factor I'm sure.  It was good to see him back today but he was clearly not back to full fitness.  I guess he only started because others were not available.  Sutherland has also been absent for much of our recent poor run and I think he has also been one of our best and hardest working players this season.  Get the 2 of them back to full fitness and our form should pick up.  

With the announcement of Yogi taking over at Dunfermline, it was written in the stars that they would get their first win against us today.  It was a bad day at the office for us, but I'd rather be where we are in the league than where Dunfermline are.

• Agree 1

There is a great deal i could say about our latest performance but thinking about it just makes me il.

So all I what I will say is the first thing ICT board  should do is look at the performance of our so called management / coaching set up

Saturdays duo of Tweedledum and Tweedledee couldnt motivate a man dying of thirst to take a sip of water.

Oh yes a  bit of raging at an individual and a scratching of heads was their sole contribution in their dugout box.

MR Dodds please take a close look at your  assistants, reassess and make amends quickly before we sink into the relegation zone.

This is just not good enough, we as supporters deserve better....act fast before you lose all of us too

No dont blame a covid related blip it was pure bad management.

Disgusted.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic