Where is it going wrong?

CaleyTennis

Hi peeps, I thought I'd start this thread to find out where you guys think things are going wrong because it certainly isn't due to a lack of effort or commitment nor do I think it's a manager issue. 

I really look forward to the contribution from you guys and I know it will go better than my one from yesterday on pie and bovril lol but that one was planned ahaha, I really want banned altogether from there lol so I tried but it didn't work, its idiots that use that forum and tbh I only use it for the Tartan Army ramblings section. 

I prefer this forum anyway and will try not to get warnings etc hence why I don't post as much, in fact I'm trying to cut down my time on football forums. 

• Well Said 1

Shane Sutherland has been missing - Dodds said the defence started up front. He did so much work. Allardice and MacGregor were in the midfield when we won most of those matches. Since then We’ve lost some really silly goals. We played some lovely stuff against Patrick recently but didn’t get the luck. We’re not a million miles off it. It’ll come 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Hi peeps, I thought I'd start this thread to find out where you guys think things are going wrong because it certainly isn't due to a lack of effort or commitment nor do I think it's a manager issue. 

I really look forward to the contribution from you guys and I know it will go better than my one from yesterday on pie and bovril lol but that one was planned ahaha, I really want banned altogether from there lol so I tried but it didn't work, its idiots that use that forum and tbh I only use it for the Tartan Army ramblings section. 

I prefer this forum anyway and will try not to get warnings etc hence why I don't post as much, in fact I'm trying to cut down my time on football forums. 

Welcome back. Good question with no easy asnwer but sloppy defending of late has not helped.

Although it made no difference against the Pars, I think that Dave Carson's return will help in the long run.

• Agree 1

Yes, we have let in some silly goals, but I think the problem is at the other end.

Not enough creation of goalscoring chances.  Poor service to the strikers.  And usually woeful finishing whenever someone does have a chance.

If I could fix only one of these, I would provide better service to the strikers. We could have Harry Kane up front, but he is still pretty useless without good service. OTOH, even mediocre strikers will get lucky if they have enough chances.

• Agree 1

Dominate the midfield,  keep pushing forward, get numbers in the opponents box quicker then it will start going right.

Attack is the best form of defence, use it.

Basically the Team haS GOT IT but they must be consistent keep the pressure on. moistakes in the box lead to goals and that is what we are lacking.

• Agree 2

One part of the club that is going very right is the youth because I see we beat County under 18s today so I thought I would praise them :ictscarf:

Oh and to the article above, no way is BD giving up a manager job to go back to being a number 2 😛

4 hours ago, Shoot said:

Maybe we'll see who is not on the bus tonight!

From what I understand BD may still be isolating (wasn't at game at the weekend) so who's on the bus or not may be affected by other things. 

43 minutes ago, Robert said:

Tonight showed we are not far away. We’ve missed Carson and Sutherland. Both back and we win…….

Totally agree.   Carson can be a match winner with his crosses,  Sutherland such a miss in midfield, when he’s not in the team there’s such a difference of loss of good passes.   Particularly noticed when he has to go off injured - the team loses shape.   Onwards now for ICT with them both in the team plus of course Billy and  Roddy.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, lizi said:

Totally agree.   Carson can be a match winner with his crosses,  Sutherland such a miss in midfield, when he’s not in the team there’s such a difference of loss of good passes.   Particularly noticed when he has to go off injured - the team loses shape.   Onwards now for ICT with them both in the team plus of course Billy and  Roddy.  

Absolutely agree. It should now be blidingly obvious that, when fit, all four players mentioned should be in the starting XI.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrontRow said:

Looks fairly clear as to what the problem was. No matter how good an individual is the team is what wins the game. 

If there is a problem with an individual then its as simple as it has always been. no-one is (or ever has been) bigger than the team and they have to go unless management can resolve the issue internally. We don't need to know the details, even if we want to, especially if they are salacious, but they need to handle it and communicate that, even if its a simple one line sentence saying its been dealt with internally, or that someone has had a contract terminated by mutual consent etc. 

We are still right up there in the league and an internal problem festering from within can derail that pretty quickly .... We have seen that before, and I have seen that this year with Toronto FC ... [League runners up last year despite playing all games behind closed doors in Florida, to 2nd bottom of the entire two division table this year ... 2 coaches in a season, 3 designated players who hardly saw any game time together, and the highest payroll in the entire league ...  rumours of disfunction in the dressing room after the 1st manager suspended one of the fan favourites and the replacement manager reinstated him after he took over. A season where many of the players just looked like they were going through the motions] ....  I dont want that to happen at ICT so whatever the issue is then get it sorted, one way or another and move on.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1