Drummin' up support for the team

DoofersDad

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Not sure if it's cos of the lack of attendees, but as it sounds, this move has been disastrous. Can only really hear the drum...

I did hear the drum in the distance a couple of times in the second half and a young schoolkid shouting but that was it.

11 minutes ago, Fontaines ICT said:

The west stand sounded great on tv and looked like a decent turnout there. Pity the location doesn't show on tv but at least the players felt it which is the main thing. Shift it behind the goals and we're on to a winner.

They sounded good even in the rain but in the north stand you could hear the Kilmarnock fans more although they had a big support up.  If they were in the north stand some of us might have joined in as well.

17 minutes ago, Fontaines ICT said:

Shift it behind the goals and we're on to a winner

Unfortunately, that won't be happening any time soon. According to Louis Lockhart (not sure if he's on CTO, but he was one of the leads in the move) that this was the fans approaching the club for a move, rather than the other way round.

So it's all being self policed, and everyone who's up for being on their feet and belting it out for the full 90 is welcome, you don't need to be associated with anyone in the Young/Vocal Team, just turn up.

4 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Unfortunately, that won't be happening any time soon. According to Louis Lockhart (not sure if he's on CTO, but he was one of the leads in the move) that this was the fans approaching the club for a move, rather than the other way round.

So it's all being self policed, and everyone who's up for being on their feet and belting it out for the full 90 is welcome, you don't need to be associated with anyone in the Young/Vocal Team, just turn up.

If they are happy then that's fine, I thought it was the club that were putting them there.  The more young support we can get the better!

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

They should start a gofundme or something for flags and flares and stuff. I'm sure the monied old codgers on here would be happy to contribute generously.

• Funny 3

36 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kirk Broadfoot seemed to enjoy the atmosphere. His knee slide at the end of the game was brilliant to see.

Saw that (on telly) and thought it was great of him to acknowledge the support, which had been loud all through the game.  Just hope that the BBC doesn't object to it - they were clearly broadcasting a chant which was casting doubts on the marital status of someone's parents :lol:

I see from Robert's post on hospitality that Kirk also spoke to the paying folks after the game.

The commentators were full of praise for him before and during the game, for his football skills and for doing everything he can to prolong his playing career.

Truly the epitome of a professional footballer.

6 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

That was the best atmosphere I've heard at a home Caley game on TV for a while probably helped by the location near the TV camera box?  I saw some glimpses of the crowd there and it looked good!

Don't tell Dougal!

• Funny 2

They looked to be having a ball over there in the pishing rain so fair play. Hopefully once a proper roof goes in (not some tarp please God) it'll amplify the sound even more and be even better. 👍

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

I heard rumblings in the north stand of folk wanting to know what was being sung/chanted. Might be a good idea for any new fans attending or anyone really to have song sheets. Maybe there is something in place, not sure. 

The YT done a great job on Friday and looked like they were having the best time!! Well done lads & gals 

• Facepalm 1