Inverness CT -V- Morton - ScCup

tm4tj

The club’s report with “highlights”:

https://ictfc.com/match-report-and-highlights-ictfc-1-1-morton-27-11-2021

I was going to comment recently about some slack play at the back by Broadfoot, particularly passes, but he had a few in those highlights and, whilst he was maybe fouled, he was outmuscled for the equaliser.

Time to restore the Devine / Deas partnership and see how Harper does at left back?

The comment above about Sutherland is a bit harsh. His perseverance led to our goal.

I hope McDonald and Jamieson feature on Tuesday to see what they can do.

We need to sort our inconsistency out quickly. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Power and the ability to communicate with the outside world finally resored to Chez Kingsmills after what seems like a, bitterly cold, eternity.

What's being going on? Is there still a suggestion that Sergei Baltcacha is about to be replaced by young Steve Paterson?

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic
2 hours ago, IBM said:

It will depend if they have someone in to replace him lined up.  I hope we can get two wins before they get sorted!

Two wins would be great but the important one is the league fixture on Saturday with a win in the cup being a less vital but welcome bonus.

25 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Two wins would be great but the important one is the league fixture on Saturday with a win in the cup being a less vital but welcome bonus.

Have you got that right this time Kingsmills :lol:

• Funny 1

On 12/5/2021 at 12:10 AM, Jack Waddington said:

Just wondering, has there been an increase of interest for Tuesday's game following last (last) nights victory over Killie, or would it be too late to book the coach on such short notice?

Never too late but bus costs £750

Replay

It's a Scottish Cup replay at Cappielow on Tuesday night as Inverness take on Morton to see who travels to Motherwell in the next round. The first game ended at 1-1 in the Highlands with strikes from Billy Mckay and Gavin Reilly taking the game to a replay, probably something neither club will relish.

Since then an Inverness XI went out of the Challenge Cup to Raith Rovers on penalties. That was largely a squad littered with fringe players ahead of the big fish which was played out on Friday night. That game went well when Sean Welsh scored a screamer as Inverness beat Kilmarnock in a televised game to go to the top of the table.

Whilst Inverness were slinking out of the Challenge Cup, Morton were also departing that competition as they went down 2-1 to Queen of the South at Palmerston. On Saturday, Morton drew 2-2 with Ayr United with Reilly and Oksanen scoring to tie the game.

League form indicates that Inverness should be favourites to go into the next round, but on the evidence of the original tie, Morton were the ones forcing the pace of the game and deserved a second bite at the cherry.

This is the first of a double header against the 'Ton as we play them again on Saturday in the Championship. That is surely more important for both clubs, especially given our good result against Killie, and for different reasons given Morton's result against Ayr in the bottom half of the table.

MATCH INFO & TV STREAMING

ImageLatest Team News

Reading between the lines, I think it's fair to say that Mr Gardyne has probably left the building. His footballing skills will be missed, but his team bonding efforts were uncalled for and disruptive. Would be good if we could draw a line under this and a statement from the club would be appreciated.

Hopefully we have no more niggles to worry about although Manny Duku and Wallace Duffy were not in the squad for the Killie game. However, will we be putting all our eggs in one basket, or will we put our fingers in more than one pie. That my friends is the burning question.

Morton; well we should not be too concerned by what they do, but what we do ourselves, so let's not get too hung up about them.

• Like 1

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Suspect it will be wet and windy, and the pitch can be muddy at the best of times.

Hopefully it is on, as another midweek away trip will not be welcomed by the players.

I’ve just purchased the livestream. 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:12 PM, Robert said:

For those south of the border, the livestream is available.

Despite them saying that, after I have bought a ticket and tried to view it (to check), it says that it is not available in my region.

Will check again later, but may need to make a quick dash across to the Netherlands, where I have just confirmed that I CAN see it  :wink:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

An unchanged team from Friday. Duku on the bench, so only Duffy missing (assuming Gardyne “has left the building”):

https://mobile.twitter.com/ICTFC/status/1468291010446962693/photo/1 

I’m on the stream now. That’s a disgrace that they promoted it being available in England but are not allowing access. 

Edited by Robert

53 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Despite them saying that, after I have bought a ticket and tried to view it (to check), it says that it is not available in my region.

Will check again later, but may need to make a quick dash across to the Netherlands, where I have just confirmed that I CAN see it  :wink:

That's me paid with 'Scottish Pounds' and logged in no problem :smile:

• Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Same has happened to me  Paid, and now told match is not available in my area (south of England).I guess I'll struggle to get my tenner back now.

If you are confident making changes to your system, download and install this - https://protonvpn.com/  .  It looks as though it's available for Windows, Apple, Android and Linux.   You'll have to set up an account, which takes seconds.  Then simply run it (the free version) and decide whether you are going to connect via the Netherlands, Japan or USA.  Connection is instant, and you then look to the outside world as though you are located in wherever you have chosen.  It works a treat.

You have time to do it before kick-off! 

• IBM unfeatured and unpinned this topic