Inverness CT -V- Morton - ScCup

tm4tj

Creativity is a problem. Gardyne provided some and won't play again so he needs replaced. 

Doran is getting a good run in the team. He is looking leaner and last night I thought he was looking slightly better than a very average performance that we are used to this season. Really need him to kick on and contribute some assists and goals.

I do think we have looked better when Sutherland plays in behind McKay as he runs beyond the last man but we need Walsh, Roddy, Doran etc to do the same starting from the wide areas then driving into the middle on the last man's shoulder. Sometimes our play is pretty but easy to defend against. 

There is lots to fix, but if we do fix them, we are starting from a great position...well in the league anyway.

• Agree 2

On 12/8/2021 at 9:36 PM, Stirling Observer said:

Creativity is a problem. Gardyne provided some and won't play again so he needs replaced. 

Doran is getting a good run in the team. He is looking leaner and last night I thought he was looking slightly better than a very average performance that we are used to this season. Really need him to kick on and contribute some assists and goals.

I do think we have looked better when Sutherland plays in behind McKay as he runs beyond the last man but we need Walsh, Roddy, Doran etc to do the same starting from the wide areas then driving into the middle on the last man's shoulder. Sometimes our play is pretty but easy to defend against. 

There is lots to fix, but if we do fix them, we are starting from a great position...well in the league anyway.

I felt Doran was a bit scared to get forward on the break and often slowed the pace right down allowing Morton to regroup. Once this happened we had no plan to get through and they dealt with it easily enough. We’re missing Gardyne just now and we really need to look at getting in someone similar in the next window, especially if we’re serious about winning this league. 

• IBM unfeatured and unpinned this topic

An ex ICT player, Gary Wood, missed one of the Brechin penalties.

For me, I’d rather be in the cup than out of it, but this season is all about getting promotion. We now have no distractions, so it is our best chance in recent years, so let’s focus and get the job done.

As mentioned elsewhere, with the Omicron risk, staying on top is vital in case the virus intervenes again and caused a curtailment. 

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Robert said:

An ex ICT player, Gary Wood, missed one of the Brechin penalties.

For me, I’d rather be in the cup than out of it, but this season is all about getting promotion. We now have no distractions, so it is our best chance in recent years, so let’s focus and get the job done.

As mentioned elsewhere, with the Omicron risk, staying on top is vital in case the virus intervenes again and caused a curtailment. 

I agree cup runs and winning them are great, not this season though and we have to give it all now in the league and keep the current form going against Hamilton on Saturday.

• Agree 3

15 hours ago, IBM said:

I agree cup runs and winning them are great, not this season though and we have to give it all now in the league and keep the current form going against Hamilton on Saturday.

I too agree. Disappointing to be out of all three knockout tournaments but we now have the advantage of being able to focus on one prize and it is a huge one.

• Agree 1