Gardyne

Donald1973

Could be just rumour, but story is Gardyne has been released by club due to breaching club discipline rules.... In regards to again the rumour but widely accepted rumour that he had it off with Carsons wife prior to the Raith away game . Would certainly explain a lot recently 

Ok, as much as I have also heard the same rumour, and it may be confirmed as fact in the near future ... because there is no official word or source I have moved this to the rumour mill for now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ok, as much as I have also heard the same rumour, and it may be confirmed as fact in the near future ... because there is no official word or source I have moved this to the rumour mill for now. 

That's fair enough scotty. Explains a lot and today one of my mates seen him with Carsons ex.... Poor show 

Oh dear. A neighbour who supports County told me a few weeks ago that he’d heard Gardyne “had been up to his old tricks”. I had no idea of the circumstances but, if the rumour is true, it explains a lot.

Hopefully, if it is true, the club has handled it professionally and the players will not let it upset team spirit or performances going forward.

Again, if true, it’s a great shame that Gardyne has messed things up as he had established himself as a vital player for us.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Donald1973 said:

That's fair enough scotty. Explains a lot and today one of my mates seen him with Carsons ex.... Poor show 

If this is true, then I am disappointed in both Kira and Michael.  

Been widely circulating for a while now.

It will be a shame to lose Gardyne who added experience, skill and guile up front but it would have been a greater shame had Dave Carson sought to terminate his contract which had also been widely rumoured and dressing room harmony will will be maintained.

17 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Been widely circulating for a while now.

It will be a shame to lose Gardyne who added experience, skill and guile up front but it would have been a greater shame had Dave Carson sought to terminate his contract which had also been widely rumoured and dressing room harmony will will be maintained.

Im kinda torn on this one tbh. Without comment on ethics of what happened would someone lose their job in another workplace environment re something like this? 

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Im kinda torn on this one tbh. Without comment on ethics of what happened would someone lose their job in another workplace environment re something like this? 

Well it's cleared the way for him to become Prime Minister :wink:

I assume that his contract - like most contracts of employment - had a clause about behaviour damaging the club's reputation or bringing it into disrepute.  And that the club thought that they had a strong enough case - perhaps with a payoff to make sure he agreed. 

In most other workplace environments, an employer could probably make changes to keep the two men apart - but not in a football team.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, old caley girl said:

You are right. Even if the rumours true, the incident was not connected to his employment with the club or the workplace so the club would have no grounds to terminate his contract under employment law.

If Gardyne has indeed left it must have been by mutual consent and possibly on the basis of paying up at least part of his contract.

• Like 2