Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock - Preview

tm4tj

5 hours ago, IBM said:

What's all this talking about a draw?  We are at home and live on TV so I will be disappointed if we don't get a win and back up to the top after our recent poor form.  Come on guys play the full 90 minutes get us 3 points and send Kilmarnock back down the A9 with nothing :ictscarf:

Well I am happy tonight :smile: that was a good game, a great goal and we held on for a change on recent form to get the three points well done to all the team :clapping:  It's a long road home for the Kilmarnock team and their fans tonight.

• Agree 1

Great result, strong performance, perseverance rewarded. Great work by Allardice before passing to Welsh. I expected a behind the sofa ending, but we saw it out coolly and confidently, and could have scored another. This league is so competitive it will be an exciting, nerve shredding season. But on the evidence tonight we are up there on merit and can give a game to anybody.  Doddsy saying he expects to do business in the transfer market in January. Striker top of the shopping list?

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

Great result, strong performance, perseverance rewarded. Great work by Allardice before passing to Welsh. I expected a behind the sofa ending, but we saw it out coolly and confidently, and could have scored another. This league is so competitive it will be an exciting, nerve shredding season. But on the evidence tonight we are up there on merit and can give a game to anybody.  Doddsy saying he expects to do business in the transfer market in January. Striker top of the shopping list?

...and some cover in defence I hope as we enter the season of injury and suspension.

• Agree 1

Great result. We were the better team, and we kept up closing them down for the whole game. Everyone played their part and the game management towards the end of the match was so much better. We just need to pick better passes in the final third and more goals will come. Sean's goal was a thing of beauty. 

• Agree 4

Fantastic game. I must admit that when it was pouring down at 7pm I was thinking twice about attending, but I'm so glad I did. That is the kind of game that fans pay their season ticket for. The atmosphere was great and although it took a while, the boys just kept plugging away until they got the goal, showing some talented footwork along the way.

A special mention for those fans in the new 'noisy' stand - the rain failed to dampen their enthusiasm and it was great to see the team cheering them at the end too. 

Finally the pink strip looks surprisingly amazing under the floodlights. Maybe 'Pretty in Pink' could be added to the playlist at games - they certainly looked pretty damn good tonight.

Well done and thanks lads.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

I really enjoyed the game tonight. We played for the full 90 minutes and were solid as a team, with good team spirit.

We outplayed the promotion favourites and deservedly won.

This should give us confidence to beat Morton twice next week before two home league games.

There was not a failure in our team tonight with all 14 players used doing their jobs well. Welsh and Allardice are rightly being praised, but a shout out too to Sutherland who I thought was immense tonight.

Broadfoot clearly enjoyed getting the better of his old team, with Polly being subbed after a quiet game.

Hopefully our wobble in October and November is behind us and we kick on from this.

Well done to all and given the sad events this week with him losing his mother, hopefully it has given Barry Wilson a lift too:

https://ictfc.com/jessie-wilson

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 7
  • Thoughtful 1

That was a great win. Every team in the league is going to go and have a spell where they don't win games and drop points.  Hopefully we have had our spell and we can build on two very good wins in our last two league games. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Finally the pink strip looks surprisingly amazing under the floodlights.

We tend to do well when playing in pink.  I have wondered if it stands out so well that the players pick each other out just a fraction of a second more quickly. The opposite of the infamous Man U grey strip that lasted only 45 minutes because they couldn't see each other.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Robert said:

The Killie players were booed off by their travelling support. 

Long journey for their travelling fans to see a defeat and very poor performance from their team, to be followed by either a long delay or lengthy detour due to the A9 being closed. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, The Long Man said:

Full backs hopefully ?

32 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

We tend to do well when playing in pink.  I have wondered if it stands out so well that the players pick each other out just a fraction of a second more quickly.

For this same reason, but the opposite if that makes sense, I always think there is a slight advantage to having your own goalie wearing a grass green strip, so that the opposition are not so aware of where they are. Avoid the fluorescent strips Ridgers, at all costs! 

• Sad 1

Yep excellent performance and goal which was deserved.  Killing were kept quiet by our work rate for the whole game.

Allardice does so much work un-noticed, Broadfoot coasted and the killie attack was in his pocket, Mention for Billy Mackay who does so much work off the ball, even made an excellent tackle at the edge of the box!

Large celebratory malt was enjoyed... (15 Yr old Aberlour)

• Agree 2

Good performance all round, defence looks pretty strong, and Billy Mac back to his best. A great goal by Welsh, but the man who caught my eye was Shane Sutherland, one of his best games foir us, won the ball so often and rarely got it taken from him, unlucky not to score.

• Agree 2

• IBM unfeatured and unpinned this topic