Sad News - Colin Macfadyen

Scotty

cm.jpgColin-MacFadyen-OOS-and-FB-cropped.jpgWord has just reached me, and it is with great sorrow that I have to report that Colin Macfadyen, a good man, true gentleman, and previous landlord of the Innes Bar, passed away in Raigmore last weekend.

[note: click images for full size]

Colin was a big reason, maybe the only reason - other than Big Stewart moving across the road from the bar - that the supporters group, loosely formed by users on this website, and formerly housed in the Caley Inn moved to the Innes when Don and Bridgit sold the Caley Inn.

Colin welcomed us with open arms and many a great night was had in there both drunken and sober! He retired from the bar a good few years ago now, and left it in the very capable hands we see it now, but there are so many fond memories of times there with Colin. I will raise a glass to you my friend, and drink from the nice malt you gave to myself and Christe that was bottled with our names on the label, and I will always treasure the embroidered flag you gave me for the Innes Bar ICT Supporters Club when I left for Canada in 2003. Just a couple of the many touching gestures over the years.  I know others in our group, and the Innes Bar clientele can also speak to similar acts of generosity and friendship. 

I had actually come across Colin many times over the years before we moved in there with the CTO supporters ... first as a darts player, playing against the Innes (for the Loch Ness) in the Mike Sutherland days and then as the secretary of the (IDPA) pool league delivering fixtures and again playing against one of his pool teams on a regular basis. It was always a good time in the Innes and that came from the attitude, kindness and demeanour of the host. You always felt welcome. 

Rest in Peace my friend. You will be truly missed. 

Trying to find a good picture of Colin - I know I have some - but this seemed fitting. While all the folks are in the foreground enjoying things, Colin can be seen in the background making sure those things worked flawlessly ...... 

IMG_9197.jpg

Here's the article we wrote when Colin left the Innes Bar and Craig took over. This was back in July 2011.

Cheers Colin

With Terry Butcher ringing the changes on the field of play at the end of last season, it's also the end of an era off the pitch as well for many Caley Thistle fans as news that the Innes Bar will be changing hands had filtered through.  No big deal I hear some say as pre-match aperitif's will still be available, but what will not be available is long time custodian Colin MacFadyen serving your choice of thirst quencher, or shouting juice, whichever cranks your handle......

• Agree 1

What a wonderful man he was. So sorry to hear of his passing. I will always remember those wonderful days in the Innes Bar before and after the match. R.I.P Colin and I'll raise a glass of single malt in your memory. 

• Agree 1

Very sad news. I mind getting to see his ridiculous whisky collection behind the bar not long before The Innes changed hands. He said that was his retirement fund :laugh: 

Thoughts are with his friends and families.

Many a good day spent in the Innes pre and post match.  That's a great photo Scotty.  I met Colin and his family in a hotel in New York. As we were checking out they were sitting waiting to check in lol

A true gentleman who will be sadly missed by many

1 hour ago, L_G said:

I met Colin and his family in a hotel in New York. As we were checking out they were sitting waiting to check in lol

That is some coincidence !! ... or was that in the days of travel agents and you both used the same one so ended up in the same hotel? 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic