January additions?

CaleyTennis

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

Don't ask me why but I think Billy and Robbo will have already sown the seeds for one or two signings this month and will balance the books by releasing at least one.

Hope so .... If Gardyne was punted for what was alluded to earlier in the season then his wage should (hopefully) not be getting paid or at worst can be got rid off this month. There has never been any official announcement from the club and he hasn't signed for anyone else (yet) so perhaps he will just quietly turn up elsewhere during the window freeing us up that wage. Someone with similar on-field qualities would be good. Very important window for us this season, we are sitting nicely and a couple of additions in key areas could give us a little bump of momentum needed to sustain our push to the end of the season.  

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

One of the journos on Twitter said he couldn't see anything happening soon? 

Do we need to get rid of a wage to recruit? Gardyne? 

I very stongly suspect that we are still paying Gardyne, probably one of the highest earners if not the highest.

Finding someone to take him off our hands this month would be, by far, the best thing all round and for all concerned.

County are stuggling for goals towards the foot of the Premiership. I wonder if there is any prospect at all of his making his way back Overthebridge ?

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

County are stuggling for goals towards the foot of the Premiership. I wonder if there is any prospect at all of his making his way back Overthebridge ?

I would happily point him in the right direction. 

One exiting which will allow one in as a replacement with hopes to shuffle things around and depending on other movements up to another 3, but likely may just be the one.

If we have any expiring players in the summer and there can be deals agreed with prospective parties then I guess that will allow for new blood. Doubt there will be too much to get excited by this window TBH (which is fine).

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I very stongly suspect that we are still paying Gardyne, probably one of the highest earners if not the highest.

Finding someone to take him off our hands this month would be, by far, the best thing all round and for all concerned.

Given they let him go in the summer, I’d be amazed if they wanted him back, particularly with his alleged extra curricular activities.

I suspect he is either still in our payroll, remaining so until his contract expires, or he has had his contract paid up in full.

Loan deals could be our only option, but I like the Philip Roberts suggestion. He looked good when here before. I see our priority as someone who can create chances for Mckay, Sutherland and Duku. 

Edited by Robert

7 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Some people on P&B saying he’s off to Dundee in the window, maybe just the usual chatter but that’s where he’s from.

In which case it hopefully releases us from any future wage costs and we can bring someone in.

If it happens and we end up playing Dundee in the play offs, with Carson at right back what would the odds be on who gets the first yellow and red cards??

• Funny 1

I could never understand that clubs must continue paying wages to someone who has (allegedly) transgressed in such a way. Surely any contract would include a clause along the lines of ....any behaviour bringing disrepute to the club shall result in immediate termination of contract......................surely!

• Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Employee rights have to be respected. None of us would expect to lose our jobs in similar circumstances, for what is an outside of work matter.

When it makes the situation untenable at work, causes another employee to effectively resign unless the other is removed from the workplace (allegedly), and generally causes ill-will all round given that it all came to light during the other player's bereavement, then a mutual termination is sometimes the best thing .... I assume the club would have offered this, and he would have been free to sign for a new club immediately (?) ... perhaps the player did not accept this and the club's legal advisors determined they had no way to play the "gross misconduct" card. I have seen people sacked all the time for things in their private life that got in the way of their professional life. Either way, if he turns up in Dundee it will be for the best all-round. Shame though, as without those shenanigans I feel his experience may have helped us to earn a few more points up to this stage of the season.  

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

When it makes the situation untenable at work, causes another employee to effectively resign unless the other is removed from the workplace (allegedly), and generally causes ill-will all round given that it all came to light during the other player's bereavement, then a mutual termination is sometimes the best thing .... I assume the club would have offered this, and he would have been free to sign for a new club immediately (?) ... perhaps the player did not accept this and the club's legal advisors determined they had no way to play the "gross misconduct" card. I have seen people sacked all the time for things in their private life that got in the way of their professional life. Either way, if he turns up in Dundee it will be for the best all-round. Shame though, as without those shenanigans I feel his experience may have helped us to earn a few more points up to this stage of the season.  

Yngwie is absolutely right.

Whilst the conduct alleged is reprehensible and, in most people's book, immoral, it is not a breach of his contract of employment and I would be astonished if any employment  tribunal would regard it as any business of the employer, far less grounds for dismissal.

Gardyne is almost certainly still on the payroll although, like most ICT fans, I would be delighted if that was no longer to be the case come the end of the month, preferably sooner, especially if that means we are able to recruit to bolster our title challenge.

16 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

the contracts should be tighter.

“Cristiano Ronaldo’s shock move to ICT has fallen through at the last minute after the Highland club insisted on a clause forbidding him from….” 😄

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Aaaaand Nicky Ross has gone to Sacramento Republic in the USL Championship. Much prefer it if it was Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Scottish Championship, though, but hopefully we'll see him in red and blue one last time before he hangs up his boots...

Maybe one reason he hasn't returned home is that he hasn't forgotten the completely unmerited abuse he was getting from the boo boys before he left.

Some people don't appreciate what they have until it's gone 

• Agree 2

Seems to be pretty well thought of in USL so a move from Texas to California ..... Not in that league for the money though. Average salary in USL Championship is somewhere between US$40,000 to US$60,000 per year. (£30K-£45K per year or £865 per week at the top end of the scale!) ..... compare that to Jake Mulraney at Atlanta in MLS on $312K per year (ie. £230K or £4400 per week)

Nice to see the ICT name getting a mention though ..... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

I thought you were a maths teacher (retired) rather than a frustrated Ingerlish teacher? I think it's fair to say we could do with a certain Physics teacher (retired) to keep us right on matters of neurolinguistic and grammatical competence, dressing room decorum and employment law jurisprudence. I blame those pesky nats for this (frankly lamentable) decline in standards.....🤣

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Maybe one reason he hasn't returned home is that he hasn't forgotten the completely unmerited abuse he was getting from the boo boys before he left.

Some people don't appreciate what they have until it's gone 

Sounds like,an,acute,case of Polworth syndrome.

I don't recall abuse,  he wasn't getting game time and left. Simple.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:01 PM, Naelifts said:

I could never understand that clubs must continue paying wages to someone who has (allegedly) transgressed in such a way. Surely any contract would include a clause along the lines of ....any behaviour bringing disrepute to the club shall result in immediate termination of contract......................surely!

The same contractual stipulation could have seen an (alleged) assault being punished to the same extent, would you want two players to go?

Thought not.