Inverness CT -V- Hamilton - Preview

tm4tj

Xmas is coming

We face Hamilton Accies on Saturday in the Championship, fresh from our mauling of Morton last weekend, but can we sustain that level of intensity as we enter the heavy winter schedule? The game kicks off at 3:00pm at the Caledonian Stadium with live streaming available from ICTV at £15 if you are unable to get to the stadium. We are due Accies a doing after our lousy performance down there on 2nd October against ten men for over an hour. Let's hope we can continue to build on our performance from last weekend. If not, Raith, Arbroath, Killie and Partick are waiting in the wings...

OFFICIAL PREVIEW 

MATCH INFO*TICKETS*STREAMING

Venue - Head 2 Head Pld Won Drn Lst For Agst + / -
Home 13 4 4 5 20 17 +3
Away 10 6 1 3 16 12 +4
Neutral 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 23 10 5 8 36 29 +7
First Competitive Meeting
Jan 25th, 1997 Scottish Cup (Rd 3) (H) 1 - 3
Most Recent Competitive Meeting
Oct 2nd, 2021 League (Championship) (A) 1 - 2
Last 10 Competitive Meetings
loss.png
1 - 2
(A)
win.png
2 - 1
(H)
loss.png
0 - 3
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)
draw.png
1 - 1
(A)
win.png
1 - 0
(A)
loss.png
0 - 1
(H)
win.png
4 - 3
(A)
loss.png
0 - 2
(H)
win.png
2 - 0
(A)

The first meeting of the clubs this season saw Inverness fail to beat ten man Accies at NDP despite the hosts playing over half the game a man short. Lewis Smith and Andy Ryan had put Accies two up inside twenty-six minutes before Reegan Mimnaugh was red carded after half an hour. We huffed and puffed for the next hour before eventually getting an injury time consolation by he who shall not be named, but it was too little too late to retrieve the situation. That was our first League defeat of the season at the Fountain of Youth, but it left us three points clear of Kilmarnock in second place at the beginning of October. Since then we have gained a further fifteen points and remain top, but with Raith Rovers and Arbroath breathing down our neck. Accies have added nine points since that first meeting and are heading the bottom half of the table in a League where anyone can beat the rest on their day.

Other fixtures this weekend

Arbroath v Morton

Kilmarnock v Dunfermline

Partick v Rovers

Queens v Ayr Utd

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts

1. Inverness CT 17 10 4 3 25 12 34
2. Raith Rovers 17 9 6 2 27 16 33
3. Arbroath 17 8 7 2 28 13 31
4. Kilmarnock 17 9 2 6 20 11 29
5. Partick Thistle 17 8 4 5 29 16 28
6. Hamilton Ac. 17 4 5 8 15 30 17
7. Ayr United 17 3 6 8 16 29 15
8. Dunfermline 17 2 8 7 18 28 14
9. Q.O.S. 17 3 5 9 16 26 14
10. Morton 17 2 7 8 15 28 13

Last Time Out

We trounced a hapless Morton 6-1 at Cappiellow. Doran, Sutherland (2), Mckay, McAlear with a screamer and Jamieson scored the goals in a one sided affair. Ugwu replied for Morton just on the break from the spot. 

Accies drew 1-1 at Somerset Park with Ayr United in a highly competitive encounter. They opened the scoring through Lewis Smith five minutes before the interval but Tomi Adeloye headed Ayr level three minutes after the break and that's how it ended.

Latest Team News

Sean Welsh will require more time to rest up. Other than that we should have a fairly healthy squad although Roddy MacGregor was also missing last week.

View full article

Our last performance against Hamilton where we couldn't even salvage a point despite playing most of the match against ten men was possibly our worst of the season.

We are better than Accies, the league table does not lie at this stage of the season, and should continue our latest winning run but we will have to play a great deal better than we did at New Douglas Park to do so but what an incentive to go into the big Boxing Day fixture still leading the league.

10 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Is it on? How foggy is it?  Have just driven up from Falkirk.  Clear on the high ground between Blair Atholl and Moy. Otherwise, fog everywhere.

OK at Simpson's Garden Centre.

I hope so I am getting ready to go 😃

26 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Is it on? How foggy is it?  Have just driven up from Falkirk.  Clear on the high ground between Blair Atholl and Moy. Otherwise, fog everywhere.

OK at Simpson's Garden Centre.

More than clear enough, foggy yes, but can clearly see the length of a pitch and more

I am sick fed up of watching the same thing and posting the same thing.

The number of points we have squandered from winning positions this season is a disgrace for professional athletes and coaches and is increasingly likely to cost us promotion.

I have watched good ICT teams over the years, sometimes very good, I have watched poor ICT teams  sometimes extremely poor, are you listening Mr Foran ?

However, I have never ever witnessed a team so inconsistent so that you never know what sort of performance you are going to get, not just from one match to the next but from one minute to the next.

Get it sorted Billy and soon. I don't relish the prospect of spending next season in the same division as Cove Rangers!

• Agree 1

I would describe that as a collapse. We had control of the game at 1-0. Sutherland nearly made it 2 but for the keepers heel. Did they think the game was over? Hamilton using rough house tactics at corners and bish bosh 2 goals in quick time. Had to pinch myself. Also we had time to make changes but not till desperate at end ?? 

• Agree 2

As things stand, if the league gets called due to Covid, it’s Arbroath going up!

Some folk here were critical of us after our hard fought 1-0 win there at the start of the season, but Arbroath have only lost one other match this season.

• Agree 1

I have now come to the conclusion that Billy Dodds is incapable of changing tactics when things are not going well. We play the same way for 90 minutes, no change no matter what takes place and subs used far too late on in the game. Simple passes were needed to just keep the ball but we just keep punting it up the park to the opposition and it just keeps coming back, it was just a matter of time till they scored, very poor. We had a chance today to consolidate our place at the top of the league, and we blew it big time. The ref was woeful as well.

• Agree 2

Poor first half with few chances. We started the second half much better, and Harper was instrumental to that as he was effective playing wide left.

We deservedly took the lead when Harper finished a cross after good work from Mckay.

Sutherland nearly got a second shortly after but the ‘keeper’s outstretched leg saved Hamilton.

After then, we were shocking and couldn’t keep the ball. Hamilton pressed us hard and had us pinned back for an eternity with a series of corners that rattled us. They basically outmuscled us and once they equalised, I felt we were going to lose.

Their striker was a handful, and we struggled to cope with their quick breaks, particularly down the left in the first half.

That’s a game we shouldn’t have lost, but we could not manage it after going ahead so in many ways we got what we deserved.

We need to be more consistent.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 4

Utterly pathetic. Go one up at home and just fold. Just bizarre, no resilience, grit or leadership on the pitch shown at all. Handed it to Hamilton on a plate after making our usual hard work of scoring.  

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Doesn't say much for the standard of our league when it is topped by a part time side. 

It's how hard you work and how well you're coached that matters most. The main problem with Arbroath being up there is that nobody at ICT can use the 'Och, we're just a wee team wi a wee budget' getout.

• Agree 1

That's a hard one to take.  First half was pretty lacklustre but we came out well in the 2nd half with Harper looking far more effective than Doran down the left.  We looked increasingly threatening and then Harper was rewarded by getting on the end of a slick team move.  We continued to play well for a few minutes and  could have got a couple more.  We were well on top and looked by far the better side.  Then with 15 minutes to go we inexplicably completely fell apart.  Whenever we got the ball we gave it away and Hamilton piled men into the box and bullied their way to victory.  What should have been a comfortable victory turned into one of the most demoralising defeats I can remember.

Looking on the bright side (or the less dark side), if we had played the whole match the way we played in the last 15 minutes we would have lost 10-0 and been 3rd in the table rather than 2nd. I hope that thought has cheered you all up as we move into Christmas week!  :santa:

• Thoughtful 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic