Inverness CT -V- Hamilton - Preview

tm4tj

17 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

What's the PPG Table looking like? Presuming the losing run has been a kick in the teeth in what could be our last chance at promotion if the league ends up getting called as is...

Despite today's unwelcome, if not unexpected, news, I would doubt very much if this will mark the end of the season.

We just need a bit of a 'circuit breaker' to get more folk vaccinated and boosted and for more data on omicron.

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

What's the PPG Table looking like? Presuming the losing run has been a kick in the teeth in what could be our last chance at promotion if the league ends up getting called as is...

We’re second, behind Arbroath on goal difference.

Today’s restrictions are hopefully temporary and we get back to “normal” in the second half of January. However, it should act as an incentive to win points in case there is a curtailment at some point. 

Looking at our fixtures, we will have 5 games with restricted crowds, 3 of them at home.

As Queen of the South are also out of the cup, it would be good if that home game could be moved from 15 to 22 January so fans are allowed in as normal. 

Edited by Robert

13 hours ago, Robert said:

Looking at our fixtures, we will have 5 games with restricted crowds, 3 of them at home.

As Queen of the South are also out of the cup, it would be good if that home game could be moved from 15 to 22 January so fans are allowed in as normal. 

Assuming the restrictions are not extended.

Indeed, but no harm in moving the date in the hope that the restrictions don’t get extended or increased. It would be a positive statement to supporters.

I wonder, though, if clubs will let 500 in or play in empty grounds given the livestreams, as they will be better off not having any crowd in. 

6 minutes ago, Robert said:

Indeed, but no harm in moving the date in the hope that the restrictions don’t get extended or increased. It would be a positive statement to supporters.

I wonder, though, if clubs will let 500 in or play in empty grounds given the livestreams, as they will be better off not having any crowd in. 

When I was in earlier they were busy cancelling non season ticket holders for boxing day 😪

17 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

When I was in earlier they were busy cancelling non season ticket holders for boxing day 😪

Hate to say it, but it more than makes sense. Why would someone who's been there week in week out since August be behind someone in the ballot who has only got a couple games under their belt? 

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Do we know how many season ticket holders we have? As our reported crowds are typically 1800-2200, I’d guess at around 1500, so we’ve around a 33% chance in a ballot.

Without getting political, as the sanction is to avoid pressure on the emergency services, none of which are involved in our games or, indeed, games out with the top flight, it would be better if we could go back to the maximum capacity with 1m distancing as that would easily accommodate all season ticket holders.

Once again, worry about the small number of big crowds at sporting events has resulted in all clubs being penalised, the majority for no obvious reduction in the risk of transmission.

Edited by Robert

I am not going to make the next game and as before am happy to stay at home an watch it on the PC and let others go to the game if there is a ballot.  Not easy times but I would rather stay safe than get Covid even though I have had 2 jags and a booster!

Tbh, I'm somewhat considering throwing in the towel if I'm successful in the ballot, but it depends on what Section 94 (West Stand Team) are doing, slight rumours in the air (not sure how true this is) that there could be a protest about the ludicrous decision for a set capacity rather than a percentage like at the Euros.

Just makes no sense how a team like East Fife, who have a capacity of 1,980, will be playing at an almost quarter full stadium, whilst Celtic are playing in front of about 59k empty seats...

7 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I think we have to wait and see if there is a ballot? The club have not announced anything to my knowledge? They might think it's not doable at such short notice? 

If they do allow 500 fans, I hooe that, given the current surge, they insist on a negative LFT on the day of the match even though that is not a legal requirement.

Better to keep everyone aa safe as possible.

The Premiership have brought forward their Winter break which, by the standards of Scottish football, seems very sensible.

If there are to be any postponements further down the chain then being out of all cup competitions might be to our advantage if there is a fixture backlog.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

If they do allow 500 fans, I hooe that, given the current surge, they insist on a negative LFT on the day of the match even though that is not a legal requirement.

Better to keep everyone aa safe as possible.

The Premiership have brought forward their Winter break which, by the standards of Scottish football, seems very sensible.

If there are to be any postponements further down the chain then being out of all cup competitions might be to our advantage if there is a fixture backlog.

Out of interest, what would be the process you can see to show evidence of a negative LFT and when it was done? Take it along? 

24 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

That’s not any form of meaningful check as people self declare their own results and report what they want it to be.

I have faith in people generally and am sure that the vast majority of people, including the great majority of ICT fans, will be honest and not put others at risk.

54 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

That’s not any form of meaningful check as people self declare their own results and report what they want it to be.

But that’s how the system is set up and highlights why vaccine passports are a good thing for large gatherings. 

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic