Inverness CT -V- Hamilton - Preview

tm4tj

46 minutes ago, Robert said:

But that’s how the system is set up and highlights why vaccine passports are a good thing for large gatherings. 

Everyone I know who has had covid has been double vaxed, although none of them ended up in hospital, it does make you wonder - if you can still catch it then you can still pass it on - what good is this passport? What does it prove? It seems like another waste of resources just to give some people a sense of security.

The fear is taking over.

23 minutes ago, Satan said:

Everyone I know who has had covid has been double vaxed, although none of them ended up in hospital, it does make you wonder - if you can still catch it then you can still pass it on - what good is this passport? What does it prove? It seems like another waste of resources just to give some people a sense of security.

The fear is taking over.

An interesting point of view. However, on balance, I think I prefer to take the advice of the experienced public health experts.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Satan said:

The fear is taking over.

The value of a vaccine passport is that even if you do have Covid and pass it on, you are not passing it on to someone who is unvaccinated.  Unvaccinated people are far more likely to become seriously ill with Covid.  That is reflected by the fact a hugely disproportionate number of Covid patients in hospital are unvaccinated. It is, of course, the pressure on the NHS that drives the decisions about imposing restrictions.  There is a rather unfortunate irony here in that it is the unvaccinated who complain most about their rights and loss of freedom, yet it is their irresponsible actions which are a major reason why restrictions are being imposed.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

19 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

The value of a vaccine passport is that even if you do have Covid and pass it on, you are not passing it on to someone who is unvaccinated.  Unvaccinated people are far more likely to become seriously ill with Covid.  That is reflected by the fact a hugely disproportionate number of Covid patients in hospital are unvaccinated. It is, of course, the pressure on the NHS that drives the decisions about imposing restrictions.  There is a rather unfortunate irony here in that it is the unvaccinated who complain most about their rights and loss of freedom, yet it is their irresponsible actions which are a major reason why restrictions are being imposed.  

Exactly! 

• Agree 1