Wide Players

Robert

Recently we seem to have played players on the opposite side from their natural foot.

Doran comes back onto his stronger right foot but is generally played on the left. Sutherland has had games playing wide right. He who cannot be named was right footed but played on the left.

When Harper came on today, he was trying to get beyond the right back and cross with his left foot, and it seemed more effective.

Walsh seems equally capable with both feet.

Do we need to get back to left side players on the left and right sided players on the right so we can hit the by-line and get crosses in?

remember one game where one of the young guys was fouled badly, and in our part of the stand, the chant that started up was "Bobby's gonna get ya ...." repeated ad infinitum .... until he did 🙂 Bobby's distribution was at times sublime - I recall on more than one occasion where a 50 yard ping went from his foot to one of our players and led to a chance. Agree he was our best centre back.  

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I don't know who was more scary, Bobby or his wife when she came on this forum to defend him !

She was a DS in Tayside police. Scary in more ways than one. She dealt with everything Bobby had problems with.

6 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

She was a DS in Tayside police. Scary in more ways than one. She dealt with everything Bobby had problems 

As I recall, she referred to herself as 'a police officer of rank' none of which alters the fact that the Bobbly married to the bobby was a very fine player indeed who would certainly be in my all time starting XI