Arbroath -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

We are struggling to keep the ball and getting hemmed in a lot as a result. We are trying to kill the game and waste time. Not a pleasant watch just now.

Then suddenly a great chance for Carson but it seemed to graze the post.

Edited by Robert

0-0. Must admit that, with the conditions, I will take that given the pressure we were under in the second half.

I missed half the first half due to the livestream problems, but we needed to score when we had the wind advantage.

Raith drawing a bonus though. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

unexpected bonus to see the game on Vimeo .... but it was not fun to watch. Enjoyed the commentators more than the game. Biased banter, but banter none the less .... 

• Agree 2

Dire but at least we didn't lose.

Today's saving grace is the fact that Raith Rovers failed to win the Fife derby but we can't rely on others in the top five to continue to drop points.

Somehow or other, we need to find a way to win again and we undoubtedly need to strengthen in the window if the finances can be found.

• Agree 1

I understand the conditions were the same for both sides and a point is not a bad result, but hoofing the ball high into the air in that wind was never going to work. No one knows how the full extent of COVID or lack of recent game time has affected the team, but having watched the game, we should have made more of the few chances we had. Carson had a typically robust game, but no other stand outs for me.

Well, I was able to take advantage of RIG sharing that link, but it wasn't a comfortable watch. I think we only created one half chance, for Carson, in the whole of the second half.  What happened to Doran?  He just seemed to be sitting on his backside sulking. Apparently, according to the commentary he had just had a rollicking from Dodds. He has always been injury prone but this season, with him not performing at any great level, I wonder if his time is nearly up with us.

Anyway, the other scores today did us no great harm fortunately, but we really must start stringing a few wins together soon.

That was horrible. Second to every ball, inability to retain position, slack passing and no attacking threat. However, it was a depleted squad and we don’t know the extent to which the ones who played were fully fit after the Covid problems and presumably a lack of training recently. Happy to nick a point today.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Satan said:

Yes, the part time league leaders will be rueing the missed chances, could've (should've) been 6 clear.

However, they are not and we remain firmly in the mix.

If you had asked me at the start of the season whether I would be content with ending the first game of 2022 in second place just 3 points adrift I would have happily taken it.

All still to play for.

• Agree 4

And a game in hand, which we must take advantage of by winning it!

Another key match next weekend against Raith. They seem to be stumbling a bit too, so time to continue the good run we have against them!

Agree it was a tough watch however it was a good effort to come away with a point. Arbroath are well schooled at waiting for opposing keepers kicking into the wind and pushing back onto you when it drops; it was inviting pressure every Ridgers kick. Nouble is a handful and it will be interesting to see if him going back to Livi makes a difference to Arbroath. 

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic