Who will win the league?

Yngwie

Who will win the league?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Championship this season?

• Arbroath
    • ICT
    • Raith Rovers
    • Kilmarnock
    • Partick Thistle
    • Other

Heart says we will win .... head says, whoever tweaks their squad wisely during this window and can build a little momentum.

All the favourites have gone off the boil recently allowing the steady and workmanlike Arbroath to sit atop the table. Can they maintain that? or can ourselves, Raith, Killie or Partick put together a run .... going to be an interesting few months.  Almost as interesting at the bottom also .....   

If Killie get McInnes then I have no doubt in my mind that they’ll win the league and we’ll be second. It could possibly still be enough if we strengthen wisely in this window. I don’t think the 11th placed team will be too far infront of us in terms of quality. 

I don't think that Kilmarnock appointing Derek Mcinnes improves their prospects.

He may be relatively high profile, almost certainly the highest paid manager in the division but his last few seasons at Aberdeen were distinctly mediocre despite having the third highest player budget in the Premiership nor does he have any experience of the Championship.

Time will tell but I don't think that the appointment will work out well for our promotion rivals.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 6:33 AM, Kingsmills said:

I don't think that Kilmarnock appointing Derek Mcinnes improves their prospects.

He may be relatively high profile, almost certainly the highest paid manager in the division but his last few seasons at Aberdeen were distinctly mediocre despite having the third highest player budget in the Premiership nor does he have any experience of the Championship.

Time will tell but I don't think that the appointment will work out well for our promotion rivals.

I have to disagree. Finishing 4th with the 3rd highest budget in 2 of the last 3 complete seasons isn’t mediocre. He done very well at Aberdeen in my opinion. It’s a great signing for Killie and I’d be very surprised now if they don’t go on and win this league.  Judging by where Aberdeen are now maybe the fans now are realising you don’t just get rid of a good manager just because you are bored.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:16 AM, Yngwie said:

Was looking at a couple of bookies this morning and they have Killie as favourites, closely followed by us, then a bit of a gap to the other contenders. 

We will have to up our game if we are  going to get close to the top first half yesterday was abysmal they looked like they couldn’t care less no tempo second to every ball if that continues we will be third or fourth,some players need a good kick in the arsr

So far, we have been fortunate in that every other member of the top five has been as poor and unpredictable as we have been.

That will, almost certainly, not continue to be the case so we must improve if we are not going to fall away from the pack.

The frustrating thing is that, on our day, we are as capable as anyone. We desperately need more of those days and soon.