Michael Gardyne has left the club

SMEE

Be interesting when he lines up against us......will there be any retaliations on the park which may lead to a red card and a potential several match ban. Lets hope not but may be a tough call the manager has to make as I think MG is the sort of guy that would use this to taunt and get a competitive advantage no matter the morality.

4 hours ago, SMEE said:

Not great news for ICT's promotion hopes. Seems like the rumours were true!

On the contrary, it is good news for our promotion bid.

A source of dressing room unrest completely gone and a wage released to help us recruit.

• Agree 6

I almost invariably wish our players well when they move on.

Not so on this occasion. Gardyne's behaviour unsettled our dressing room for far too long and deprived us of a regular goal scorer in himself at a time when we were and continue to find goals hard to come by.

I am sure, had he behaved better, we would have more points on the board at this stage and be leading the table.

Goodbye and good riddance MG.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Gardyne's behaviour unsettled our dressing room for far too long and deprived us of a regular goal scorer in himself at a time when we were and continue to find goals hard to come by.

I am sure, had he behaved better, we would have more points on the board at this stage and be leading the table.

I agree that he would have unsettled the dreassing room, but I'm not sure about the rest. 

He was one of our better forwards, and, indeed, is joint leading goalscorer at the moment.  Top for shot accuracy, too, which is not bad considering he was probably shooting from much further out than Billy ever does.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/inverness-caledonian-thistle/top-scorers

If he hadn't made such a positive contribution to the team then we wouldn't be discussing him at length.

16 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I agree that he would have unsettled the dreassing room, but I'm not sure about the rest. 

He was one of our better forwards, and, indeed, is joint leading goalscorer at the moment.  Top for shot accuracy, too, which is not bad considering he was probably shooting from much further out than Billy ever does.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/inverness-caledonian-thistle/top-scorers

If he hadn't made such a positive contribution to the team then we wouldn't be discussing him at length.

I agree he was making a very positive contribution to the team and I strongly suspect he would have continued to do so putting us in a very strong position for automatic promotion.

That's why his behaviour and the consequences thereof are so sad and disappointing.

14 hours ago, RiG said:

Given it seems he is set to sign for Montrose I suspect it is unlikely we will be playing against him any time soon.

A 2 and a half year deal with Montrose! Maybe we will come up against him in the future! 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, RiG said:

Given it seems he is set to sign for Montrose I suspect it is unlikely we will be playing against him any time soon.

It is confirmed that he is now at Montrose:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2887734/montrose-sign-michael-gardyne/ 

They are in the play off mix in League 1, so not impossible they could get promoted. We could also get them in the Challenge Cup. 

23 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Speaking of which, remember this, along with The Sun’s “Toss County” headline?

2B77F0C1-2F91-4CFC-89B0-BA2A3687F146.jpeg

Thankfully in my ‘research’ into this I didn’t find the actual video footage, but I did learn a new word. Turns out autofellatio has nothing to do with cars. 😮

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, Robert said:

It is confirmed that he is now at Montrose:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2887734/montrose-sign-michael-gardyne/ 

They are in the play off mix in League 1, so not impossible they could get promoted. We could also get them in the Challenge Cup. 

I am sincerely hoping that we will not be eligible to play in next season's Challenge Cup.

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...