tm4tj

What worries me is that we seem to have become so poor at doing so much of the basics.  For 80 minutes today, we were 2nd to most of the 50:50 balls, we couldn't pass the ball, we couldn't shoot, we couldn't cross, we couldn't find spaces we, didn't try to take players on, there was no movement at throw ins and we couldn't cope with the far more direct and attacking movement of Raith.  Thank goodness Ross got a knock early in the 2nd half because he made complete mincemeat of our defence in the first half.  Yet again, it was Ridgers who saved us from the scoreline we deserved.  We only came alive and showed a bit of belief after McAlear's great strike, but by then it was too little, too late and too panicky.  

We may still be 2nd in the division, but unless there is some considerable improvement in the quality of our, play we will be fortunate to even make the playoffs.  I'm not going to single out individuals for criticism because we don't know who has had Covid and how issues around Covid have affected particular players and what can be done in training.  But remember, we got 19 points from our 1st 7 games this season but have only managed 17 in the last 13 games - that's the sort of return that over the season would hopefully keep you just above the playoff place at the wrong end of the table.  We'll need to do better than that for the rest of the season if we are to remain in the playoff places, and much better than that if we are to maintain our title aspirations.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 3

45 minutes ago, RiG said:

Where would Allardice fit in here?

I pondered that. He picked up a couple of knocks today and did not seem his usual self. If fit, he should be a first pick.

The combination of him and Carson did not work in the first half, with Carson having perhaps his poorest performance for us.

I accept that we may still be suffering a bit from the Covid outbreak, but we had a pretty strong bench today so have to assume those starting were fully fit.

It may come down to whether we play 3 or 4 at the back.

I just think we need to try something different as the current plan is not working. 

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I pondered that. He picked up a couple of knocks today and did not seem his usual self. If fit, he should be a first pick.

The combination of him and Carson did not work in the first half, with Carson having perhaps his poorest performance for us.

I accept that we may still be suffering a bit from the Covid outbreak, but we had a pretty strong bench today so have to assume those starting were fully fit.

It may come down to whether we play 3 or 4 at the back.

I just think we need to try something different as the current plan is not working. 

You are right Robert the current plan is not working and it's up to Billy Dodds to sort it out pretty quick for next week.

• Agree 1

We did well to recover a point even though only played with any purpose in the last 10 minutes. Carson  Sutherland and Walsh were the main culprits in the first half. Duffy was actually playing okay. Interesting that Dodds at long last resorted to 3 at the back. Broadfoot was also playing left midfield before our goal.

Have to win next week to restore confidence in the team and faith of a lot of our fans.

Any word on ticketing arrangements for the QoS match?

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Row S said:

We did well to recover a point even though only played with any purpose in the last 10 minutes. Carson  Sutherland and Walsh were the main culprits in the first half. Duffy was actually playing okay. Interesting that Dodds at long last resorted to 3 at the back. Broadfoot was also playing left midfield before our goal.

Have to win next week to restore confidence in the team and faith of a lot of our fans.

The ticketing arrangements for the Queen of the South match will ve the same as for Raith Rovers with 500 available on a first come first served basis for season ticket holders.

Restrictions on numbers almost certain to be lifted or at least very considerably eased on 17th January.

11 hours ago, Row S said:

Nothing out yet. I’d imagine we should hear tomorrow what the arrangements are for getting tickets. I’d guess they will be available from the shop from Tuesday but time will tell!

We had 478 there yesterday so not sure if there were “no shows” (quite likely with the number of people having to isolate) or whether all 500 were not snapped up. 

Game was a bit rubbish on Saturday and not to mention COLD! I think they were all asleep until 80th minute! The young boy in the North Stand could of ruined it with his stupidity throwing the ball on the pitch,,lucky we didn't have a goal scoring opportunity. Peoples feeling were made known from what I could hear  

Onwards and upwards to Queen Of The South this weekend. fingers crossed for a better game & result.  Arbroath V Raith & Partick V Killie on Friday night. It will be an interesting weekend.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic