Africa Cup of Nations

DoofersDad

Anyone following Afcon?  After hosts Cameroun's 2-1 win in the opener against Burkina Faso, there have been 11 matches played in which a total of just 9 goals have been scored.  Nine 1-0 score lines and a couple of goalless draws.  It doesn't sound too exciting but I've not watched any of it yet.  I'm hoping it will be a big success or else we will have the big European clubs trying harder than ever to justify not releasing players for international tournaments which are scheduled whilst the league programmes are on-going.  Lots of coverage on Sky apparently and a few games on BBC.  More goals, please.

12 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Anyone following Afcon?  After hosts Cameroun's 2-1 win in the opener against Burkina Faso, there have been 11 matches played in which a total of just 9 goals have been scored.  Nine 1-0 score lines and a couple of goalless draws.  It doesn't sound too exciting but I've not watched any of it yet.  I'm hoping it will be a big success or else we will have the big European clubs trying harder than ever to justify not releasing players for international tournaments which are scheduled whilst the league programmes are on-going.  Lots of coverage on Sky apparently and a few games on BBC.  More goals, please.

The Tunisia v Mali game certainly had an intriguing conclusion or three.