Inverness CT -V- Queen of the South - Preview

tm4tj

4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Today’s result confirms that we just aren’t good enough to win this league. The playoffs will end in disappointment too.

Sadly, I have to agree and, if we do find ourselves in the Championship again next season, we will have to give very serious consideration to who we want to be our manager.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

That felt like Caley Thistle 2-2 Officials. 

From where I was sitting, the first goal was offside, albeit the officials would not have had a decision to make if Deas (I think) had not made a wayward pass.

The linesman flagged offside for the second and we had taken the free kick before Collum stopped the game and awarded the goal.

There were only 479 there but it’s the loudest booing of officials I’ve heard in a long time, and it was justified.

True, we made enough chances to win the game but squandered them, but I left the ground and drove home really feeling the officials robbed us. What did the goals look like on the livestream?

Edited by Robert

4 minutes ago, Robert said:

What did the goals look like on the livestream?

The first one - couldn't tell, because our last defender, Broadfoot IIRC, was offscreen when the pass was made.  Ross Tokely reckoned that he had played the Queens attacker onside, and that the goal was good.

The second one - couldn't tell, because the camera was looking at the goalmouth from the centre line.  As you say, the linesman flagged, and, when Collum was finally persuaded to consult him, it was so brief that there cannot have been any exchange of information.  Barely time for Collum to say "I'm in charge here!".

When the referee becomes a large part of the story, especially when that was so predictable, then something has gone badly wrong.

I was one of the 479 who were at the stadium and don't think I have ever seen such an inept display from all three officials.Collum was his usual over officious self while the standside assistant allowed a blatant offside goal to stand and his partner in crime originally flagged the QOS equaliser offside and then allowed the referee to overrule him. Having said that it didn't help that once again we failed to beat a lower placed team at home.

• Agree 4

28 minutes ago, Satan said:

If all else fails, blame the ref...

I’m not, but he played a major part.

The first goal stemmed from a poor pass (although I felt the goal was offside at the time), and the linesman flagged clearly at the second.

However, we created more then enough chances to win and would have won with better passing and more composure.

But as Alan has also said, the officials were woeful today.

The management need to channel the aggrieved feeling into a turnaround in our performances and results to keep us in contention.

After 7 games we had 19 points.

After 21 games we have 37 points.

18 points from 14 games is relegation play off form, not promotion contenders’ form. 

Edited by Robert

Another very poor display, not helped the atrocious Collum. A good referee should be almost invisible in a game, not vying for the starring role. In my pre-season prediction, I said that I thought ICT would end up outside of the playoffs, and if we keep producing performances like this and dropping points, that's where we're heading. We are desperately needing to beef up the squad, and need some new faces quickly. Another game where we couldn't fill the bench and our options to change things were limited. We are desperately needing to find some players who can beat a man and get a shot away, too many times we took too much time on the ball. Three points are a priority in our next game.

• Agree 1

We got a break of the ball for our goals and both were put away well. It would be good to review offside decisions and clarify. It felt like a game we ought to have won as have a few other games. Surprised at Macgregor coming off; maybe protecting him ? Duku had an opportunity near the end but could not get a shot away in the box; not convinced he will score in the league at all. There was a shout for Jamieson to come on as he looks like he could score ? The Queens goalie brought in on loan had a good game. Today's game signalled that at best we may stay in the play offs. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Robert said:

The first goal stemmed from a poor pass (although I felt the goal was offside at the time), and the linesman flagged clearly at the second.

Watching the stream I thought their first goal was onside, from a good pass The reason the ref overruled the linesman for the second was that it was that the ball came off an an ICT player, so no offside, but it was hard to tell.

Have to agree with posts so far.Officials desperate,just desperate,  but we were not much better and are a shadow of the team we were at the beginning of the season.Q of the S were the better team first half.No way will we win the league playing like this. In fact if we don't get a grip we will not make playoffs. 

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic