Dunfermline -V- Inverness CT - Preview

Robert

The point is all we deserved from that.

A very poor second half, and we only really showed anything going forward after we conceded.

We seem unable to play when we take the lead now and we always seem to let teams back into games we should be winning.

So frustrating. 

• Agree 1

To those who have suggested that those of us who have been critical of players and management in recent weeks are too negative, is it being to negative being boiling mad at throwing away a hard earned lead against the worst team in the division yet again !

Or, would you prefer that we were out of the play off places as well as the automatic spot before venting our frustration and disappointment because, at this rate, that is the direction we are heading in.

1 minute ago, ymip said:

Turning into another massively disappointing season. Promotion was there for the taking if we could have shown a bit of character. Really poor result today.  

Our best chance of promotion since we were relegated and week after week we continue to blow it. So frustrating.

Looking we will be playing Rangers in the league next season and Cove doesn't even have a decent chipper.

In isolation, a draw away from home with a depleted squad is by no means a disaster. However, when it is part of a long run of poor results and performances and the side just doesn’t look like they know how to win, then we have good reason to be disenchanted.

I’m starting to feel the club is not wanting to be promoted and is happy being at this level. Time for them to prove me wrong.

We do seem to have the ability, but perhaps not the ambition and desire.

Either that or the game plan when we go ahead is so flawed that we keep messing up.

Kilmarnock away next weekend and if we lose that, we will soon be out of the play off places depending on other results and the games in hand over us other clubs have. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I am willing to bet that, with 20 minutes to go, almost none amongst us was in any way confident that we would hang onto the points.

That in itself speaks volumes about where we are just now.

True!    I'd a Glenfarclas ready if the three points headed north and a half lemon to match my face if the inevitable happened, And it feckin happened..  now a very sour face 😖

Of the new loan signings, Chalmers looked lively but we didn’t see much from Pearson.

In fairness, they came on when we were second best and not really getting forward much, so it is too early to judge them.

Chalmers initially looked to be in the “no 10” role but switched with Walsh and was playing wide right. Pearson was a straight replacement for Harper.

When we lost Devine, I don’t know why we didn’t change things round. Duffy did fine at centre half but is a right back. We therefore had Carson, Duffy, Deas and Harper all playing out of their normal roles. It may not have made any difference, but I’d have played Duffy, Broadfoot, Deas and Harper as the defence and put Carson back into midfield, albeit on the right side, and switched Walsh to the left. That may also have helped to combat the relentless possession Dunfermline managed to have. 

Edited by Robert

Absolutely clueless management that clearly have NO idea how to change a game  or at least tactics . Actually glad there wasn’t a home  game this week as they are a very hard watch these days . Obviously it was McCann that was the coach when they arrived and not Dodds . Same excuses and he will have positives from the match . Really don't hear many agreeing with him . 

• Agree 1

That second half performance was pitiful. We didn't even try and attack until they equalised.

First half was okay but nothing special. Barely created anything bar the goal. 

I don't know if the players play with fear, or a lack of bite (I'm not saying they aren't trying, it's that bit of aggression or making that run off the ball). Mentality is half the battle.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic