Dunfermline -V- Inverness CT - Preview

Robert

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Looking we will be playing Rangers in the league next season and Cove doesn't even have a decent chipper.

Their new ground is technically not even in Cove, but it is behind Burger King. Lol!!

Back to serious stuff, in 15 league games since the start of October, we’ve only won 4. We’ve beaten Morton home and away and our other two have been on Friday night TV games against Queen of the South and Kilmarnock.

If we can raise our game for TV, why can’t we raise it for Saturday games?

I see the next couple of weeks as critical to our promotion ambitions. We have Killie away and revitalised Morton at home, the two teams we have 100% records against in the league so far. If we get a grip and get at least 4 points we could be back on track. Anything less and the play offs may well be beyond us. 

Edited by Robert

Another really poor result. I really don't understand why we don't play players in their correct positions. I didn't see the game yesterday but from what I read Duffy came on and played centre half. That meant three of our back four were playing out of position which is ridiculous. 

Why did we not take Lewis Nicholson on, I maybe wrong but I'm sure he is a left back and play Robbie Deas at centre half. We could even have taken one of the new signings on and put Harper back to left back. Again I assume Harper was playing in midfield which isn't his natural position. 

Dodds looks to have his favourites and it seems some players are never going to get dropped no matter how poor they play. Why did Mcdonald, Jamieson and even Duffy not get a run in the team. I don't blame Jamieson going back to St Mirren if Duku is continually getting selected in front of him. 

Hopefully we will see some personnel changes next week against Killie because the team needs a shake up and some fresh ideas. 

Edited by SteveA
  • Well Said 2

Yes, second half yesterday our defence was Carson, Duffy, Broadfoot and Deas. Harper was left midfield until replace by Pearson.

Jamieson must be frustrated as the three other players on loan all got game time yesterday but he remained stuck on the bench. 

Absolutely disgraceful how Dodds has never shown any faith in the younger members of his squad. We all know now what Duku cannot do, so why blindly persist with the same  tactics. Jamieson has barely kicked a ball. 

Dodds is being shown up for what he is, a so called radio expert  who talks a good game but in reality is not delivering.

4 wins from last 15 is concerning.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Another really poor result. I really don't understand why we don't play players in their correct positions. I didn't see the game yesterday but from what I read Duffy came on and played centre half. That meant three of our back four were playing out of position which is ridiculous. 

Why did we not take Lewis Nicholson on, I maybe wrong but I'm sure he is a left back and play Robbie Deas at centre half. We could even have taken one of the new signings on and put Harper back to left back. Again I assume Harper was playing in midfield which isn't his natural position. 

Dodds looks to have his favourites and it seems some players are never going to get dropped no matter how poor they play. Why did Mcdonald, Jamieson and even Duffy not get a run in the team. I don't blame Jamieson going back to St Mirren if Duku is continually getting selected in front of him. 

Hopefully we will see some personnel changes next week against Killie because the team needs a shake up and some fresh ideas. 

Great Post! Absolutely spot on! 

Looks like a lot of us clicking on to the fact Dodds isn't keen on trusting his young players and some players have been played out of position with no need for it? 

This is going to be the season of missed opportunities by the looks of it? For me Dodds doesn't believe we can win the league .....

• Agree 4

47 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Looks like a lot of us clicking on to the fact Dodds isn't keen on trusting his young players and some players have been played out of position with no need for it? 

This is going to be the season of missed opportunities by the looks of it? For me Dodds doesn't believe we can win the league .....

Which is a pity because, before that negative attitude permeated down to the dressing room, the players clearly did as did most of the fans.

Such negativity can be so damaging and it must be particularly soul destroying for our talented young players just not getting an opportunity.

• Agree 1

Our results against the bottom sides are truly awful. Is it because they are desperately trying to stay in this league more than we want to win this league? And you do have to question players playing out of position, it's like trying to put square pegs into round holes, it clearly doesn't work. Too many players form has dipped over the last several weeks, and I know that sometimes the squad had been a little thin, but I now think it's time for some of the younger players to have a go, you never know, there might be a gem amongst them just waiting for their chance.

ICT with another rotten performance after taking the lead is it?

Nice finish from Shane for the goal after good work from McAlear (probably our MotM). Clear penalty for Dunfermline and Carson looked like he handled again  just before the final whistle. I felt we had a decent claim for a penalty as well but it wasn't to be.

Four points from the last 15 available is grim but probably about as much as we deserve. The brilliant performance against Morton is but a distant memory and if the injuries to Mckay and MacGregor are as folk claim then we are going to be struggling significantly against Kilmarnock next weekend. 

Carson was getting a bollocking from Dodds as the two trudged off the pitch and Jamieson was off the pitch so quickly at full time he was probably half way back to Paisley before the rest of the guys returned to the dressing room.

Hard to be bothered to write more after another desperately poor performance. We're just not very good despite our impressive position in the league.

• Well Said 3

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

Duffy is a CB so he was playing in his natural position.

I would surmise that Dodds likes the solidity of Deas at LB so even though that's not his natural position he offers more serenity there than the likes of Harper or Nicholson.

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

Picking up on comments above, a couple of questions.

What is the speculation about the injuries MacGregor and Mckay have?

Had Jamieson’s loan been ended?

MacGregor and Mckay are meant to have knee / thigh injuries but the club, for some reason, has declined to offer any injury updates as per usual.

Jamieson is rumoured to have had his loan deal cancelled and is back at St. Mirren.

• Thank You 1

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Duffy is a CB so he was playing in his natural position.

I would surmise that Dodds likes the solidity of Deas at LB so even though that's not his natural position he offers more serenity there than the likes of Harper or Nicholson.

I always thought Duffy was a right back. If like you say he is a centre half then we don't have any natural right back in our squad at all. Deas may well be solid at left back but we still concede goals and create very little at times. Haper may not be as solid defensively but he will create more chances going forward. Tricky one I guess, shame we couldn't put both their attributes into one player. We'd have the ideal left back.

Edited by SteveA

TBF Carson was a stop gap full back who performed pretty well there last year an experiment that should have now run its course.  Cannot quite believe that we haven't had a natural full back since Rooney left. 

We need to make this a priority signing and push Carson further forward, where he can have more of an impact on games.

22 hours ago, RiG said:

That seems like something the manager should be doing not the Sporting Director.

The manager just seems to come out with the same excuses every week. Time for someone from above to come out and address the fans because the run were on is relegation form and Billy doesn't seem to have the answers. 

On 1/24/2022 at 3:19 PM, Kingsmills said:

What would you like him to say ?

I'd like him to explain what exactly his role is at the club and secondly how it intersects with Dodds' if at all. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Robbo did a great interview on the Wyness Shuffle podcast a few months ago that explained his role.

Yes in June last year. Leading the scouting, developing the ladies team, developing training facilities at Ft George, improving fan experience, fan focus group (lol). All well and good but I'd like to maybe hear what's actually happening with any of these or indeed anything else 🤷‍♂️

As far as I'm aware of the things above this season we've got two loan players (presumably from scouting) and let the young team use the west stand (as an improvement to their fan experience). That's about it. Maybe there's a heap of other things happening and being planned but as is standard ICT perhaps we're not deemed important enough to be in the loop. 

Robbo is a nice bloke who is well known and liked locally plus the vast majority of fans relate to him well but he's been virtually anonymous for the last 7 months as far as I can see. However maybe it's just yet another symptom of our woeful communication but I would think he'd be one of the best people to be resolve that. 

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic