Sam Pearson

tm4tj

We need more than one player.if Mackay gets injured which is very likely who is going to score the goals,I don’t think this squad will give us promotion.How many of our present squad could play in SPL.? if we are lucky to get promoted we would require 7 or 8 players and this would take half the  season to gel Just my thoughts

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, kenneth thomson said:

We need more than one player.if Mackay gets injured which is very likely who is going to score the goals,I don’t think this squad will give us promotion.How many of our present squad could play in SPL.? if we are lucky to get promoted we would require 7 or 8 players and this would take half the  season to gel Just my thoughts

Time enough to think about a squad fit to compete in next season's Premiership if and when that becomes a live issue.

Right now we need to focus on having the players to compete over the next four months to give us the best possible chance of getting there and we are probably still two short.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, kenneth thomson said:

That’s great if you’ve got the resources to not win the league and keep those players on. We make a few bad signings and we’re screwed. For all Kilmarnock are throwing the cash at it, it doesn’t mean they’re going to win. 

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, I’ve been quite impressed with what I’ve seen of him in the two games he has played part of.

It may be he is not fully match fit yet, but I’ve had given him 90 minutes based on his performances.

A pacy wide player, who seems able to play on both wings and is prepared to have attempts at goal is just what we need. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Looks to be a player, direct and willing to put in a challenge.

Exactly what I said when I first saw Pearson, Chalmers and Samuels.  All with a bit of energy, and direct.  Give the defenders a problem - give them something to stop.

Look at how often we come up against someone like Tiffany last night, causing all sorts of problems simply by running with the ball at or across the defence.

I was thinking - half-seriously - last night that Dodds should introduce fines for passing sideways or backwards when it's not necessary.  How often do we start in possession halfway into the opposition's half, and end up passing it back to Ridgers or to our last defender?

Pearson was doing what I shout at Walsh to do every time he plays, stay wide, get the ball, be direct and run at defenders, get to the bye line and cross the ball. He gives us an out ball when we are going forward. The only thing he needs to work on is getting a relationship with Carson or whoever is at right back, and tracking back to help, Carson was exposed on more than one occasion last night when Tiffony's pace caught them out. Certainly a must start in the next game.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pearson has looked by far the best of the January signings. It's a shame we haven't seen more of him and I hope to see him play as much as possible over the coming weeks whilst we still have him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3