Billy Dodds

CaleyTennis

I seen this tweet from 2 Instagram stories at the weekend (one from a fewzer Steven Donkey and our friend Caley Central)which made me curious as to the thinking of us posters on here.

The question was, "if we fail to win against Morton should BD go, yes or no?

Both polls came back at 60-40% in favour of he should go.

So guys,  what are we thinking on here :).

My thinking is that we are still in a decent position in the promotion race and we should fully back the man appointed as head coach at least until the end of the season.

Should we fail to be promoted, either directly or through the play offs, then that would be the time for reconsideration.

For now though, we need to revive the spirit of togetherNESS.

• Agree 4

polls only promote division. Billy Dodds has to be supported just as the team does. If people can't do that then go somewhere else. We are in the best position for some time and yes we could be In a better place but that's football.

• Agree 4

Its a hard job, and like others I would say cut him some slack ... He is trying to manage our team with basically nothing in terms of resources. The pandemic has put paid to a lot of income and any measures in place to help are temporary and minimal to say the least. We are at the right end of the table and the recent activity in the window to release Duku and get a few bodies in that might turn things around are an acknowledgement that things need to change.

We can all look down the road to Rugby Park or elsewhere and wish it were us (except Starks Park), but Killie are betting the farm on getting back up in one season - just like we did after our first relegation - and if it fails they are in deep s***.  We can replace Dodds if you want, but then the new manager would have the same players, and even less finances to work with once we deduct any payoff needed for him and any of the backroom team that might have to go too ...  Who do you suggest that would provide the spark that Dodds cannot in your eyes? 

• Agree 3

I agree with the sentiments above.

It is his first season. We were spoilt with our early season form, which has made the last four months seem very poor.

But before the season started, I’m sure the vast majority of us would have been happy to start February in the position we are in.

With the freshening up of the squad, now is the time to kick on and aim for a first or, at worst, second place finish.

If we miss out, that is the time to review our position, not now. 

• Agree 2

I think our players,mostly, are above average for the division. 

At the moment, and for most of the season to be brutally honest we have been performing as a team ( disjointedly)  way less than the sum of our parts.

I think this might be coming from above. Not sure we have the right team to bring the team on the park together and improve them.

• Agree 2

I have questioned some of Billy Dodds tactical ability in the past, but this is not the time to talk about changing managers. Point 1, we can't afford it, point 2, we have to give the new players time to see what they can do, point 3, who is out there that would come, and could they get more out of the same group of players? Maybe it's the coaching, or maybe it's about motivation that seems to be affecting the team. Dodds came out with the statement that some of the players don't believe we can get promotion, well if that's the case, play others who do, whether the are younger hungrier players or the new boys, get them in the team instead of the same old players virtually guaranteed their starting place no matter what form they're in. Longer term, I noticed Carl Tremarco as part of the county coaching team on Saturday against rangers. He is obviously gaining Premier experience and would be a good motivator, and he could become a contender for a coaching role at ICT in the future.

33 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

At least let him have the season, the end of which is a better time to judge how things have went. 

I'm being deliberately obtuse here but would you have thought the same in 2016/17 with Foran in charge?

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm being deliberately obtuse here but would you have thought the same in 2016/17 with Foran in charge?

The difference being that in 2016-17 we were hurtling towards relegation wheras, despite poor results and performances, we remain in contention for promotion with no threat at all of dropping down a division.

There may well come a time to discuss the manager's future but not until this season has been concluded.

• Well Said 2

1 hour ago, Northern_jaggie said:

I think there was enough positives earlier this season to make me say BD should stay until the end of the season. RF had been honking throughout apart from a couple of good results. 

Is there though? Yes we were winning 1-0 but were we convincing??? Hmmmm

4 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

I think there was enough positives earlier this season to make me say BD should stay until the end of the season. RF had been honking throughout apart from a couple of good results. 

I'm not convinced there were massive positives. We scraped most our wins which is fair enough but we never won convincingly or really performed well. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lizi said:

What about the 6 - 1 at Morton, that was surely convincing ?  

I assumed he was referring to our run at the start of the season. None of which were particularly convincing wins but yeah I suppose looking at the whole season we should be grateful for one wholly good performance from twenty four. 

• Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Fraz said:

I assumed he was referring to our run at the start of the season. None of which were particularly convincing wins but yeah I suppose looking at the whole season we should be grateful for one wholly good performance from twenty four. 

I would add our fist home game against Partick but still two wholly convincing wins out of two dozen is not great.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I would add our fist home game against Partick but still two wholly convincing wins out of two dozen is not great.

Second half only. We should have been three down at the interval.