Inverness CT -V- Morton - Preview

tm4tj

25 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

On the bright side, I’ve been doing detailed analysis of the videos and statistics of our games over the last 3 months and have at least figured out why we aren’t picking up enough points - we’re rubbish.

Can deduce that without the detailed analysis.

14 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Our attacking players were too easily tackled

Our players were being muscled off the ball all over the pitch

Too many passes went astray

Hardly any chances created, a real lack of creativity 

Woeful shooting, some absolutely hopeless attempts on goal

Didn’t win headers in and around the opposition box

Lost most of the 50:50 challenges

There’s a lot there that we can’t really blame the manager for.

Says it all. I can't see us winning another game this season at this rate. I lasted until 4:15pm and then headed home for the rugby.

Well, I didn't think we could play any worse after the last home game, but I was wrong, that was a hard watch. If we hadn't had that good run of wins at the beginning of the season, I reckon we would be in a relegation fight now. We seem to have no game plan, just pump aimless balls through the middle, it's not as if we have a target man, and their centre half had a field day, heading all the balls away. Dodds is incapable of seeing what tactics need changing, strange subs and no motivation. We were crying out for a playmaker in the transfer window and he brings in strikers, does he not realise we need someone to create the chances! If things don't change quickly, I can see my pre season prediction of 5th coming true.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Utter feckin shyte.    Dodos to go. Soon,  and take Wilson et all with you.

Has to happen now ! we can’t let this go on any longer Dodds has had plenty opportunities to sort this out and appears clueless as what to do . 

• Agree 1

When you can't even get the basics correct then it's already writing on the wall.

I struggle to understand what we do all week in training when we put in a performance like that. 

Whats worse is that Morton had to do very little, it's not like they made us play that way.

The telling thing is that we're all looking at other teams results because we know we're not good enough and we are reliant on them dropping points. We could learn a lot from Arbroath, part time or not, they are well drilled, well versed and play 100% with the belief that their manager has instilled in them and they know what they are doing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

Turgid, one dimensional, no urgency, no plan, no width, no belief, apathetic, I could go on describing that display.

Just plain awful watching that today. Could have played another 90 minutes and we'd not have scored.

GM were no great shakes but they deserved it. 

• Agree 4

I was one of the mugs in the stand today and I will probably be there on Wednesday as always hopeful,like I was before 3 today .I hoped our poor run would end but alas we were worse than last week.Welsh is no leader or captain,Sutherland is a passenger and none of them showed drive or determination or a hunger to win.Usually second to the ball and could be there until morning and would struggle to score.We haven't played a decent game since Gardyne stopped playing for us. We are crying out for wingers.Maybe we are just a championship team now as the club seem to be content with this standard of football.Players don't even look like they played together before.I can't understand what goes on through the week at training.

• Agree 4

That was very poor. If we come up against a side that works hard we just don’t know what to do. 

This is starting to feel like the final days of Foran’s spell as manager. 

And unless we improve dramatically, we will be no where near the play offs. 

• Agree 4

The whole team should be forced to watch how Arbroath faced up to Kilmarnock last night. They fought like tigers for 90 minutes and never have up. Compare that to our insipid display this afternoon - lacklustre, half hearted and devoid of any class. Morton deserved their points and we can't complain at the result.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

Absolutely no comparison to Forans or Brewster's  tenure this is a lot worse. 

Imrie's  team totally bossed us today and there was not a thing we could do about it. Embarrassing when large number of  fans are leaving 15 mins before the end. That kinda sums up where we are as club right now.

29 minutes ago, Alan said:

The whole team should be forced to watch how Arbroath faced up to Kilmarnock last night. They fought like tigers for 90 minutes and never have up. Compare that to our insipid display this afternoon - lacklustre, half hearted and devoid of any class. Morton deserved their points and we can't complain at the result.

It must be a pleasure watching Arbroath.Down to earth humble players playing their socks off for their Manager and supporters.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I said before the game that we had to come firing out of the blocks, work our socks off and hunt the ball down in packs, if we wanted the three points, we did none of these, so we we got nothing from the game.

Which is precisely what we deserved.

• Agree 1

It's got to be worrying how easily teams can nullify and stop us playing. Morton were a physical side and we couldnt cope . 

Cannot fathom why we used all our meagre budget on 4 forward minded  players when we have only 3 fully fit defenders in the squad. Bizarre we still dont have a right back in the squad. 

• Agree 1

I can't defend the team or management anymore. Today was an absolute shambles and the performance was totally disgraceful. There isn't one positive thing to take from that horror show.

Dodds and Wilson seem as clueless as each other. Wilson stands in the technical area all game and offers nothing. It's like he just wants people to see he's there.  We have no shape, no tactics and no idea what we're doing. Someone should of mentioned to Dodds that McKay and Hardy are 5"7. How the hell do they have any chance of winning long balls punted up to them against centre halfs well over 6 foot. I've no idea what formation we were supposed to be playing come the end of the game. 

There was a comment a few weeks ago that this is the worst ICT team there has been which I thought at the time was harsh, but after today I would struggle to think of a worse one. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic