Inverness CT -V- Morton - Preview

tm4tj

14 minutes ago, jagster said:

We were but the alcohol numbed everything 

Fair enough... what's Robbo's excuse for looking so happy? or was this pic before the game started?    If i was in his company id be letting rip...

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Yes after recent weeks, how refreshing it was to watch and support a team playing with passion, pride and no little skill!

Passion and Pride is what we are sadly lacking :sad: I can put up with getting beat if the players are putting in an effort and trying which wasn't the case today :swear:

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

Fair enough... what's Robbo's excuse for looking so happy? or was this pic before the game started?    If i was in his company id be letting rip...

Just home. Pretty tipsy. The picture was before the game Robbo was great crack. 

1. Get the whole squad in tomorrow and make them watch Scotland and what it means to be a team. Give them a cup of tea and then as someone suggested earlier make them watch the Arbroath v Killie game.

2. I cannot understand what Barry Wilson's role is in the management set up, I thought Kellacher was second in command. 

3. Get our general manager, Robbo,  to break his silence and share his thoughts on the season so far with the paying fans, it'll be too late at the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

12 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Didn't understand the Pearson substitution at half time.....he at least showed some energy first half! 

Agreed. I’d have taken off one of the front three, probably Sutherland. 

• Agree 1

I have never written bad posts on here,slagging players gets you no where. But in all my years following this club, today was painful. Someone mentioned Arbroath and the fight they show for partimers.we were once that club and we played better football too. Never mind showing the players videos of Arbroath show them the ones of our teams battling and as every pundit used to love to say "punching above our weight". Let's get the pride back.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

All I can say is that it is a blessing that living in the south of England, the English FA rules that prevent me  from watching ICT on any streaming service, whilst live games are taking place in England, have saved me , over the last few weeks, the misery of actually watching the dross we have served up.  It is hard enough reading about it on here, and I feel sorry for those of you who have actually watched our inept performances, either at the grounds or via streaming .I fear the only 'pay offs' we have a realistic chance of competing in now are those at the bottom end of the table.

• Agree 1

Unless these players get some pride back and show desire and willingness to try and win games, then the club will suffer with fans staying away.I can handle losing if we go down fighting, but that yesterday, was a joke and showed total disrespect to all the Hardy fans who turned up.

Why can our players not replicate the Arbroath desire.Do they not want to be a good team to watch.

What are the large management team doing about it.Surely jackets on lose pegs.

• Agree 1

The sad fact is that this club is heading for lower league oblivion with the current incumbents in charge. Dodds is clearly out of his depth, christ knows what Robbo's role is. The board are asleep at the wheel wirh communication worse than ever. Wholesale change required asap. Best ever chance to escape the Championship and we simply don't look interested. An utter shambles.

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

2 minutes ago, ymip said:

The sad fact is that this club is heading for lower league oblivion with the current incumbents in charge. Dodds is clearly out of his depth, christ knows what Robbo's role is. The board are asleep at the wheel wirh communication worse than ever. Wholesale change required asap. Best ever chance to escape the Championship and we simply don't look interested. An utter shambles.

Excellent post. 

• Agree 1

Do you think these players have realised they are not premiership standard,so if ICT had got promoted, they would be out of a job.Even with the most positive head on, they must know that these standards are not acceptable and certainly not what is required from a team chasing promotion. This performance  has not just been a bad day at the office it has been weeks of steady decline.

My worry today is that you don't get passion, drive,enthusiasm and hunger over four days.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

Just now, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Do you think these players have realised they are not premiership standard,so if ICT had got promoted, they would be out of a job.Even with the most positive head on, they must know that these standards are not acceptable and certaiy not what is required from a team chasing promotion. This performance  has not just been a bad day at the office it has been weeks of steady decline.

My worry today is that you don't get passion, drive,enthusiasm and hunger over four days.

Thing is we have good players imho. Personally I don't think they are being coached or managed well? Morale looks poor and tbh I don't blame a single on of them for yesterday. The formations were bizarre, players didn't seem prepared or know what job they were meant to be doing? I'm not convinced BD has ever believed we can go up? Since start of season he's always played it down if asked. At first I thought he was just keeping it grounded but actually now I wonder what he thinks. 

Our transfer dealings this window look like we brought in anyone we could get regardless of what we actually need? 

Billy Mckay is one of the best strikers in league and gets no service. Was playing left wing at one point yesterday. 

Worst thing is I'm not surprised anymore at what's going on. I struggled to stay the 90 mins yesterday. Struggling to even get angry anymore. It's just all meh 

There was a large stag party to left of us. Probably not guys that normally attend. They left half way through second half and I doubt any of them would return. I don't blame them. 

I can't go on Wednesday and tbh I'm not even bothered. That's bad. 

• Agree 2

In the transfer window, the team was crying out for a player to play behind the strikers, a number 10, a playmaker, to create chances and link the play between the midfield and strikers, but we got a load of forwards! We should have used all the wages from that on a playmaker, someone like in the mould of a Scott Allan. We have lost all our creative players for one reason or another, and now just hump the ball forward to our small forwards, who have no chance against the oppositions big centre backs, it's crazy. For instance, the weather yesterday was a day for playing the ball on the deck, run with the ball and get into the box and make the defenders having to put a tackle in, but no, we were still punting it into the box at the end of the game. It's up to the manager to get the formation, the personnel and the motivation right, but sadly, I just don't think the management team and Dodds has the ability to do that.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

All I can say is that it is a blessing that living in the south of England, the English FA rules that prevent me  from watching ICT on any streaming service, whilst live games are taking place in England, have saved me , over the last few weeks, the misery of actually watching the dross we have served up.  It is hard enough reading about it on here, and I feel sorry for those of you who have actually watched our inept performances, either at the grounds or via streaming .I fear the only 'pay offs' we have a realistic chance of competing in now are those at the bottom end of the table.

There are, apparently, ways round that should your masochistic side emerge. 

Attended yesterday's game. Here's my thoughts for what they're worth:

We could have played til Tuesday and not scored. Having said that what chances did we actually have? There was a Pearson shot in the first half, a Mackay header went past the post, aside from that I can't remember us having any attempts on goal. 

Unless Pearson was injured he was the wrong player to sub. Should have been Sutherland.

I thought Pearson, Samuels and Chalmers did ok but the front guys are being starved of service.

One last thing the crowd was announced as 1808(didn't catch the last two digits), that was never the crowd, the north stand looked very sparsely filled.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I thought we started quite brightly with the 3 new signings on the pitch all looking to get forward and not being afraid to take defenders on.  Unfortunately, their efforts never came to much and nothing seemed to find its way to Mckay who looked increasingly frustrated as the game wore on.  Perhaps that is in part due to their lack of familiarity with their new team mates, but what certainly didn't help them was the lack of ambition from the established members of the squad.

In his post match interview Dodds said "We need to get back to what we are good at and where we were at the start of the season."  That's easy to say, but the reality is not so straightforward.  We weren't actually that good at the start of the season.  We had a great start because we were tight at the back and things went our way.  We are currently missing Devine, and Allardice is out for the rest of the season.  Allardice is a big miss. I have said before that I think Welsh is far more effective playing alongside Allardice and the 2 of them playing in front of the back 4 made us a very solid defensive unit.  You don't get that defensive solidity back by signing 4 forward players in the transfer window.

It is inevitable that we are going concede a few goals, so in order to get back on track for promotion we are going to have to score more at the other end.  That means we have to  be more adventurous and take a few more risks going forward.  It means we have to play much more football on the deck.  It means we need more movement in and around the box to give defenders decisions to make.  If we don't manage to gain promotion or even a play-off spot, than can we not at least try to play attractive football in the attempt?

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic