Inverness CT -V- Partick Thistle - Preview

tm4tj

12 hours ago, caley100 said:

Only got home at 1 1      Halftime highlights i notice their first was an OG!    Awful marking for second, Our defence is shocking!    at least we are level!!

Is this the case? shows on bbc as a Thug Graham hat-trick.

That bugger doesn't deserve the matchball.

WTF is it with us and injuries. Five missing tonight, possibly all would have been starting.

Allardice - out for rest of season

Devine - another month probably

Doran - week or two?

MacGregor - who knows

Walsh - does it really matter

• Agree 1

I think we all agree that last night was better than Saturday,but that would not be hard to achieve. I thought we played much better the second half although the defence looked shaky throughout. As I said previously,Pearson looks good and Chalmers has legs,but cannot finish - a bit like Storey.I have to confess I am always critical of Sutherland and I always say he cannot jump and cannot head the ball and rarely scores, considering what he did for Peterhead and Elgin. Blow me last night, he actually jumped and headed the ball and scored!! For some reason he reminds me of White as he used to be as frustrating.Anyway I have learned now to expect the unexpected with Inverness and when all said and done we look just like an average Championship team with hopes of one day climbing the ladder to the Premiership. If that day ever happens we need a clear out just like County did and we would have to build a whole new squad, keeping only some of these players. 

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

Both me and my wife are season tickets holders and one of the reasons was to sit at home and watch the game in comfort at 82 would you freeze your balls of at the game, so anyone moaning about attendances should think about we are not all teenagers,another draw back is parking since they closed the home parking ,the other     away parking spaces are limited and certainly not for the fainted hearted and by the way I can’t afford a £60 fine for parking in the street 

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Satan said:

A lot of route one stuff im afraid - have we lost the ability to play through the midfield?

Particularly in the first half but we did seem to mix it up more after half time.

We are at our best when we keep it down and move it quickly and with an outlet like Pearson we should now be able to punish teams.

The club’s report:

https://ictfc.com/match-report-ictfc-3-3-partick-thistle-09-02-2022

11 hours ago, forresjags said:

Think Tokely would walk straight back in as full back.

For sure!   I wonder if Dodds and co noticed how all three Partick goals were from the full back area? Carson getting totally skinned twice, and a ridiculously late Deas tackle for the pen.   We need proper full backs, and soon.

5 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Just speculation but has he been affected (understandably) by personal issues this season? 

He’s only human so it would not surprise me.

2 hours ago, Naelifts said:

I was tearing my hair out in the last quarter when Carson sent in 3 successive crosses from the right none of which were anywhere near where the had to be . It is a really poor element of our game

But he delivered a cracker of a cross for Mckay’s goal.

Like many of our team, I think low confidence is an issue. Hopefully Wednesday evening has helped in that regard.

On communication, they have been giving updates on the progress of Devine and Doran, whilst we know Allardice is out for the season. It would be good if they gave some indication of how long MacGregor and Walsh will be out for. In MacGregor’s case in particular, he has been missing for some time with silence from the club.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

On 2/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, Robert said:

He’s only human so it would not surprise me.

But he delivered a cracker of a cross for Mckay’s goal.

Like many of our team, I think low confidence is an issue. Hopefully Wednesday evening has helped in that regard.

On communication, they have been giving updates on the progress of Devine and Doran, whilst we know Allardice is out for the season. It would be good if they gave some indication of how long MacGregor and Walsh will be out for. In MacGregor’s case in particular, he has been missing for some time with silence from the club.

When you look at the players out, that's a pretty big miss, Obviously Doran needs to be fully fit to influence games, MacGregor was almost as influential as Daniel Mackay last season, popping up all over the place, and Devine out leaves us shuffling the defence, Allardice being out is just massive.

The plus side seems to be Pearson, with Mckay back. The fact that Samuels has a contract suggests that the Club see him as having potential, are we seeing it on the pitch. I was rather hoping that Duffy would be more worthy of being an ever-present leaving Carson to move further upfield, along with Harper showing more of the promise of last season.

We are operating on a thin squad at the moment, but if Arbroath can do what they are doing, that should give us the motivation. We are still not cut adrift from automatic promotion, and Kilmarnock still not dominating the division...that said Partick with all their games in hand are a threat

Hopefully the weekend break coupled to a positive comeback against Thistle will help us out of the mid-winter malaise

I don't think Covid can stop me and the wife coming up for the Arbroath game in a months time, really excited about this match and have a good vibe that we can win it! But then I am the eternal optimist.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic