Inverness CT -V- Partick Thistle - Preview

tm4tj

More points dropped at home and the winless run continues BUT that was our best performance for ages, the team played with spirit and purpose and created a very healthy number of good chances. I was planning on saying all that even before the injury time equaliser. Some of our defending was dodgy but we thoroughly deserved something from that match. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

Yes, although I didn't see the game, it sounds as if we showed some gumption by coming back 3 times from a goal down.  So well done for that.  It looks as if we'll do well now to cling on to the  last play off spot.  But, if we can manage that, who knows....

Certainly tonight's performance seemed to be an improvement on recent matches, so I have marginally more belief than I had each time PT scored tonight.

7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

More points dropped at home and the winless run continues BUT that was our best performance for ages, the team played with spirit and purpose and created a very healthy number of good chances. I was planning on saying all that even before the injury time equaliser. Some of our defending was dodgy but we thoroughly deserved something from that match. 

I agree entirely. We seemed much more motivated and intent than in recent games, and I’m much more hopeful that we can turn this round.

We created a lot of chances, particularly in the second half, and looked the more likely until we conceded the penalty.

We stopped always playing long hopeful balls and it improved our play.

Pearson was the pick for me, but I also feel Sutherland played much better than he is being given credit for.

It’s only one game, and we didn’t win it, but this should give us some momentum which hopefully gets us a win against Ayr in 10 days.

Everyone is dropping points, so we are still in contention despite our atrocious run. There is still hope that we can salvage something from the wreckage of the last two months.

• Well Said 1

12 minutes ago, Peleistheman said:

Does anybody listen to our co-commentator on the stream. Rossco can read a game better than anyone. I think he still kicks every ball for us. Needed a win tonight though, results elsewhere keeps us third. Surely we will kick on again.

Yes, been very impressed when watching the stream on Saturday and today when confined to being at home.

Very knowledgable and spot on comments.

We should snap him up as a coach!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Peleistheman said:

Does anybody listen to our co-commentator on the stream. Rossco can read a game better than anyone. I think he still kicks every ball for us. Needed a win tonight though, results elsewhere keeps us third. Surely we will kick on again.

Yes he gives a brilliant analysis of the game as it's played - really informative.

Also, although obviously slightly biased towards Inverness, he gives credit to the opposition where it's due. Which isn't a bad thing when we're hoping opposition fans will pay for our live stream, and come back.

A very knowledgeable lad is Ross. Perhaps he'd be worth a punt as manager, if all else fails!

• Agree 1

Shane definitely suits being played up top and dropping deep isn’t his game. 

I thought Samuels looked sharp and was played out of position. It was a shame to see him subbed. I’d have liked him positioned in behind the forwards.

Carson works so hard but I think he is better in midfield and he lacked cover from the midfield tonight so he was exposed.

McAlear and Welsh were over-run in the midfield given the formation and 4-2-3-1 would suit those two better in protecting the defence tonight.

Chalmers needs an end product to his game and gave away possession easily. He has promise though so more game time for him needed.

We need a better delivery from wide areas generally and set pieces and our goal ratio from these situations is telling. An early delivery as opposed to running channels would help unsettle defences.

11 minutes ago, Robert said:

Yes, been very impressed when watching the stream on Saturday and today when confined to being at home.

Very knowledgable and spit on comments.

We should snap him up as a coach!

I believe he coaches one of our youth teams

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Who coulda predicted even half an hour ago we'd be - marginally - the top five side who gained most?

However saying that are we really?

Partick have 3 games in hand over us and Arbroath and Killie have 1. Yes they still have to win them and its not a given that they will but we're not putting anywhere near enough pressure on them to do so 

6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

If Dodds doesn't walk the night, I don't even know.

We played a worldie most of the Second Half, but it doesn't excuse the fact we've been pure butters.

Can't let a last gasp equaliser deflect the fact that Dodds needs to go

Screenshot_20220209-220506_Twitter.jpg

There's a much bigger root to the problem and Dodds can't just take the blame solely on his on.

Ultimately the manager/head coach takes to fall but from top to bottom there's huge failings.

We're a shambles all over the place: Coaching, tactics, squad, backroom staff, communication, hospitality, facilities, boardroom, you name it. A lot goes down to funding but the sooner we realise as a club what level we're at the better as that's the only way we'll move forward.

People say don't look back but at some stage we have to look back at what we were good at as a club and go back to that or at least some form of that.

Well that was better than Saturday,but let's face it that would not be hard.Pearson was man of the match for me.We looked good in attack and poor in defence.We are clearly missing Devine and Allardyce.Thought Deas had a poor game and gave away a stupid penalty.Second half we were much better and Sutherland looked okay compared to his usual standard.

Tiffany and Graham looked like scoring every time they had the ball.Best summing up would be to say we got out of jail. 

51 minutes ago, RiG said:

Best (used loosely) attacking performance in some time sadly coupled with our worst defensive showing of the season.

Yep, especially when we have no recognised full backs in our squad, And it seems if you look back at previous games we leak goals from those positions. 

Well, I have just about defrosted, and that was a better performance than Saturdays, but that wouldn't be hard. Really poor defending for all the partick goals, and it just shows that not recruiting any defenders in the transfer window has come back to bite us. It was an epic effort to come back three times, and a last gasp equaliser always gives a little hope. How the ICT players can keep their cool playing against that cheat Graham deserves praise, I would get a 5 month ban if I was on the park against him! Pearson was the standout for me, and Billy Mckay worked his socks off, Sutherland had a better second half as did Carson. I'm sure Dodds will come out of hiding now and do his interview but the cracks are still there, we really can't be conceding three goals at home and expect to win. 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic