Ted Collett - Caledonian FC

Gringo

I was at work the other and the lady I was working with spotted my ICTFC woolly hat. She was amazed to see it and she said her ex husband used to play #9 for Caley.

She seems to think this would have been late 50's early 60''s.

His name is Ted Collett. Does the name ring any bells with anyone?

Nope.  Have just had a quick look through Alex Main's "Caley All The Way", and Rodwill Clyne's "In A Different League", and didn't see any mention of someone by that name.  

The legendary Rod Clyne was Caley's no 9 for some of the period that you mention.  Maybe Collett was a second team player, or played for another Inverness club - though I'd have thought I'd have heard the name.

Google turns up nothing, except a massive - and I mean massive - site at www.collettfamilyhistory.net/ , which I am NOT looking through :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Nope.  Have just had a quick look through Alex Main's "Caley All The Way", and Rodwill Clyne's "In A Different League", and didn't see any mention of someone by that name.  

The legendary Rod Clyne was Caley's no 9 for some of the period that you mention.  Maybe Collett was a second team player, or played for another Inverness club - though I'd have thought I'd have heard the name.

Google turns up nothing, except a massive - and I mean massive - site at www.collettfamilyhistory.net/ , which I am NOT looking through :lol:

Thank you for this. I'd not heard the name either. I have a copy of Caley All The Way and I never thought to look. As you say, may be another Inverness team like, say, Citadel. Not to worry. 

I have been following football in Inverness since the late 1960s, admittedly through a red and black prism, and the name means nothing to me.

Ted Collet sounds like he would have been a tough opponent for Alf Tupper on the running track. Maybe they could have shared a post race fish supper.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

Thank you for this. I'd not heard the name either. I have a copy of Caley All The Way and I never thought to look. As you say, may be another Inverness team like, say, Citadel. Not to worry. 

Citadel went under in 1937.  If he had played regularly at Clach or Thistle, I am sure I would have heard of him.

Maybe he played only a few games - maybe as a triallist.

• Like 1

Rings no bells with me either.  And the 50's I would say is my era, during which from 53 to 59 I doubt if I missed more than a handful of 'home' matches.  So Ted Collett could not have been a  regular for Caley, unless my memory is totally shot away.  Maybe, as others have said, just a 'once off' or triallist. Again, as others have said, it could not have been Citadel, as they were long gone, even before  my time.

• Thank You 1